Thread: iPhone without contract

Feedback Score

iPhone without contract

I looked and I still don't believe that I got a good answer to this question. This will be my last time asking, but I feel it's worth asking one last time:

If I take the SIM card from my new phone and transition with it to an iPhone, and activate it on activation day, will I keep my unlimited data, etc?

Or will it make me change to a new plan?

Device(s)
    HTC Wildfire
    Carrier(s)
    alltel
    Feedback Score
    I beleve they will upgrade you to their data plan once you put your sim card into the Iphone.
    I remember when I ordered my replacement phones they said that if you wanted an Iphone
    you had to upgrade to their data plan.

Device(s)
    HTC WildFire
    Carrier(s)
    Alltel
    Feedback Score
    If you already have an iPhone and you take the sim from your transition phone and place it in, your plan will change to an iPhone data/txt plan.

Keep in mind iPhone model and SIM card compatibility. Iphone4's use the micro SIM and as such will not take a normal SIM without some modification to your SIM.

Device(s)
    HTC WildFire
    Carrier(s)
    Alltel
    Feedback Score
    Edit: nevermind

Feedback Score
    Alright, any idea what would happen then with a data card? Say if I moved from the Velocity to a Shockwave? Would it change then?

Device(s)
    Moto G4, Novatel 7730L, ZTE Mobley, StarTAC
    Carrier(s)
    Viaero, Commnet, VZW, AT&T, Sprint
    Feedback Score
    Per Alltel's Terms of Service, would an forced/automatic migration to iPhone data be permissible? I'm thinking grandfathered data plans will work fine with the iPhone since Alltel's TOS don't specify automatic plan adjustments like AT&T's TOS. Try an iPhone and see what happens.

For Example, I have friends with old Centennial Wireless rate plans that were migrated/divested to AT&T. Their old 14.99 and 9.99 unlimited mobile web plans work fine with there second hand iPhones. Unlike AT&T, the Centennial Wireless Contracts (30 months, yikes) and their TOS do not specify disallowed devices, disallowed activities (VPNs, ect...), or automatic rate plan adjustments. AT&T has to eat those 30 month contracts or let them go.

Device(s)
    HTC Aria
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by E_tron View Post
    Their old 14.99 and 9.99 unlimited mobile web plans work fine with there second hand iPhones.
    What is mobile web though? Mobile Web to me means 14k internet access designed for WAP enabled phones from like 5yrs ago.

Carrier(s)
    AT&T former Alltel Blue (WWC)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by E_tron View Post
    Per Alltel's Terms of Service, would an forced/automatic migration to iPhone data be permissible? I'm thinking grandfathered data plans will work fine with the iPhone since Alltel's TOS don't specify automatic plan adjustments like AT&T's TOS. Try an iPhone and see what happens.

For Example, I have friends with old Centennial Wireless rate plans that were migrated/divested to AT&T. Their old 14.99 and 9.99 unlimited mobile web plans work fine with there second hand iPhones. Unlike AT&T, the Centennial Wireless Contracts (30 months, yikes) and their TOS do not specify disallowed devices, disallowed activities (VPNs, ect...), or automatic rate plan adjustments. AT&T has to eat those 30 month contracts or let them go.
    After 30 days everyone will be under AT&T's terms and conditions which include plan changes for iPhones. The specific reason for the 30 day "opt out" window is because of the change to the terms and conditions.