Thread: Can a regular Sprint postpaid phone be used on PlatinumTel?

Feedback Score

Can a regular Sprint postpaid phone be used on PlatinumTel?

Can a regular Sprint postpaid phone be used on PlatinumTel or can only Sprint/MVNO phones be used?

I hope acrs is listening and will answer this one.

PlatinumTel needs its own forum.

Feedback Score
    A regular Sprint postpaid phone can't be used on Ptel. Only mvno phones are allowed. You should consider Boost mobile cdma which does allow most Sprint postpaid phones except Androids, 4G , certain Blackberries and exclusives (Palm Pre/Pixi, Instinct series, etc).

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by fonezfonz View Post
    A regular Sprint postpaid phone can't be used on Ptel. Only mvno phones are allowed. You should consider Boost mobile cdma which does allow most Sprint postpaid phones except Androids, 4G , certain Blackberries and exclusives (Palm Pre/Pixi, Instinct series, etc).
    Thanks for the answer fonezfonz. I'm not interested in Boost. I want experience with PlatinumTel.

Feedback Score
    You should pm ACRS about all Ptel byod options. He can help a lot.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by fonezfonz View Post
    You should pm ACRS about all Ptel byod options. He can help a lot.
    I will pm him. I was hoping he would stop by and post an answer that all could benefit from. But I will pm him and ask him to post the answer here where all can see it.

There used to be 2 PTel stores near me. One about 2 miles away and the other about 10 miles. But they've disappeared from the store locator so I guess they've closed up. The closest is about 2 hours away in South Florida.

Thanks again for the reply.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by annepani View Post
    I will pm him. I was hoping he would stop by and post an answer that all could benefit from. But I will pm him and ask him to post the answer here where all can see it.

There used to be 2 PTel stores near me. One about 2 miles away and the other about 10 miles. But they've disappeared from the store locator so I guess they've closed up. The closest is about 2 hours away in South Florida.

Thanks again for the reply.
    Hello, sorry, Sprint Postpaid phones aren't allow on Ptel, Thanks
    Germain

Feedback Score
    All of the phones sold by PTel / PlatinumTel were Sprint at one time (they all have the logo) which is covered by a PlatinumTel stick on (on top of the Sprint logo).

Does anybody know how we get a hand on these phones to unlock/make PTel ready?
    ACRS has the Blackberry, which I'm interested in...

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by unistar View Post
    All of the phones sold by PTel / PlatinumTel were Sprint at one time (they all have the logo) which is covered by a PlatinumTel stick on (on top of the Sprint logo).

Does anybody know how we get a hand on these phones to unlock/make PTel ready?
    ACRS has the Blackberry, which I'm interested in...
    why not just buy it from acrs then? If youre looking at Blackberrys they have like 5 different ones that comes with free bbm (you pay for the data) and the browser activated for free with no Blackberry fees except data use at .10 cents per mb. They have a couple of really good deals on their new site with minutes added and free phones or close to being free but all come with 200, 1000 or even 2000 minutes and 90 days 180 days or 365 days of service.

Feedback Score
    I'm not saying we can't. But we are all open to new options, EBay, other companies, DIY, etc...
    Competition opens up the market, makes prices cheaper, gives more options!
    Of course if you are ACRS you would say just get it from them, but that's not the point!

So again: Does anybody know how we get a hand on these phones to unlock/make PTel ready (besides ACRS)?

Phones
    LG Optimus T
    Moto G
    Carrier
    T-Mobile Prepaid & Page Plus
    Feedback Score
    Do you think that the members of the forum who have already replied to you, or that members of this forum in general, are lazy or just intellectually inferior somehow? All of this stuff has already been covered, over a good period of time, and every member who has exposed themselves to these questions over and over will tell you the same thing. Do you think you're the first person to come up with the idea of wanting BYOD on Ptel? Because that's what it kinda sounds like. Get a hand on proper forum etiquette, why don'tcha!

All of the different MVNOs on every side of the fence have their ways, and all of the legal options have already been explored and exposed here on Howard Forums to the nth degree. Look at the size and content of this forum. Pages and pages of trying to uncover exactly what and how they work and how to get the best out of them, work the angles, get something for nothing. It's all been done, my friend.

So if you think you're going to somehow call out someone who is a further mastermind and chew over all this stuff again from the beginning, all you're going to get are the answers that have been arrived at through the existing extensive collective experience, as it is now. Listen to what people are telling you. They know what they're talking about.

Feedback Score
    like whacker said we have all tried this already. The cheapest way with the most variety of choices of phones is to go through acrs. I cant even imagine it being cheaper if you could buy a phone on ebay and byod there. ACRS sells the phones cheaper then most phones you can find on ebay anyway and they already do the work of setting them up on the ptel network for you and they throw in 200 min free with every new activation purchase. What more can you want?!