Thread: how much is AT&T prepaid SIM card? any activation fee?

Feedback Score

how much is AT&T prepaid SIM card? any activation fee?

how much is AT&T prepaid SIM card? any activation fee?

Thanks!

Carrier
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    The SIM cards are included w/ prepaid phone at the place of purchase. Prepaid does not have an separate activation fee, it is built into the cost of the phone upon purchase.
    If I'm annoyed and you're annoyed, does that make us a paranoid ??

Sarcasm is a fine art...

"Don't believe everything you think"

It's not a matter of if you win or lose, it's how you assign the blame

Phone
    iPhone 5
    Carrier
    American Telephone & Telegraph Company
    Feedback Score
    You can also get a stand-alone SIM card for GoPhone service from an AT&T store if you already have a phone.

PRL Interpretations
    XFF's AlphaTag software
    Cellular and PCS License Maps
    Quote Originally Posted by gpatrick900
    I am a little confused. My Verizon phone was able to roam on GSM because they used TDMA. Tell it was shutdown. The phone recognizes it as Analog. If PCS has TDMA, It could be technically be used on GSM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tabla View Post
    Y'know, I'm used to hysterical 14-year-old ******** on the internet, but this is exceptional. Never before in human history have so many nerds hyperventilated so publicly over so little.

Phones
    iPhone 5
    iPhone 4, 3G, Sony Ericsson Z710i, Z600, T310
    Ericsson T18z, Cantel Amigo AT&T 3610
    Carrier
    Fido
    Feedback Score
    ^And if you buy airtime when you pick up the SIM, there is no charge for the SIM or activation. Not sure if they charge you for the SIM if you don't buy airtime, but if you are getting a SIM, you might as well get some airtime.
    Unlocked Pentaband iPhone 5 (AWS), unlocked iPhone 4
    Unlimited airtime, Unlimited CAN/US long distance, Unlimited SMS to CAN/US wireless numbers
    2500 Call Forwarding minutes to CAN/US numbers
    CiD, 6GB
    Google Voice for visual voice mail with message transcription, conditional greetings, unlimited messages (vs 35 message cap), remote retrieval from any PC or phone, no auto-purge after 10 days and most importantly no $7-$8 charge.
    $53$65

Phones
    SAM T404g
    MOT W490,Nokia 6030
    SE TM506,LG VX5600
    Carrier
    T-MO/TRAC/VZ
    Feedback Score
    How about those refurb.ones I see on their site. They have one now for only $5.99. Does that also come with a sim?

Carrier
    NET10/TracFone
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by timdennis View Post
    How about those refurb.ones I see on their site. They have one now for only $5.99. Does that also come with a sim?
    Yes, it comes with a SIM, but I don't think it comes with any airtime. I just bought one and I have not turned it on yet. Apparently it comes pre-activated with a new phone number and you complete the activation by powering it on. The packing slip says that if activation is not completed within 26 days of order date, the account will be closed. I wasn't planning to add airtime to it until April, so I guess I'll have to call them at that time to re-activate.

Feedback Score
    You could get them on Ebay 99˘
    Last edited by stargazer; 02-27-2011 at 11:27 PM.

Feedback Score
    Sim cards are free of charge when signing up for prepaid.
    Yesterday I went to an AT&T dealer and signed up for 2 phone numbers. They didn't have the $5.99 phone in the store, so I opted just for the SIM cards. I had my own phones to use anyhow.

I did not have to buy refill cards to get the SIM. He gave me the SIM and I went. He told me to go to Target to see if there were any cheap phones, and to get a refill card there. I guess I had my mind set on going to Target anyway, but I didn't ask to buy refill cards there. Anyhow, saved a penny by buying refills at Target. yay.

Phone
    q9h
    Carrier
    tmo prepaid
    Feedback Score
    that's pretty cool.

TMO charges $7 for a sim card.

Phone
    Lumia 521
    Carrier
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Fulminatus View Post
    Sim cards are free of charge when signing up for prepaid.
    Yesterday I went to an AT&T dealer and signed up for 2 phone numbers. They didn't have the $5.99 phone in the store, so I opted just for the SIM cards. I had my own phones to use anyhow.

I did not have to buy refill cards to get the SIM. He gave me the SIM and I went. He told me to go to Target to see if there were any cheap phones, and to get a refill card there. I guess I had my mind set on going to Target anyway, but I didn't ask to buy refill cards there. Anyhow, saved a penny by buying refills at Target. yay.
    There is one online prepaid refill site that I use. Callingmart. There are others. Not advertising, but suggesting online sites can be cheaper than stores. No sims but that`s been covered with the other threads.