Thread: Possibly reactivate Tracfone with old number even after 30 days...

Carriers
    ATT Gophone
    Net 10
    Feedback Score

Possibly reactivate Tracfone with old number even after 30 days...

No guarantee that it will work for everyone!

We let our daughter's Tracfone expire on 2/21/11.

Since then Tracfone has emailed me several times with bonus offers to get me to come back.

I now wanted to give this phone to a friend to try out and normally by now (more than 30 days) the number would be gone and we would need a new sim.

I got another email the other day saying that I could get 30 bonus minutes if I reactivated phone with 60 min card and I could get my old number back and any minutes remaining on the phone.

So today I tried to reactivate phone on website but got "error 500" so I decided to call CS on reg Tracfone 1800 number. Followed prompts for English, Tracfone, Reactivate phone and it was an automated process where I had to say yes and no and enter serial number and airtime pin on (my other) phone's keypad.

Only took a few minutes and my phone was reactivated with same number and 150 min.

I checked it in online account and it said "you have pending updates" and I had to enter one code and it was all done.

Pretty painless procedure and no waiting for a Sim.

Carrier
    NET10/TracFone
    Feedback Score
    If the expiration date was 2/21/11, then it hasn't been 30 days yet. Did you mean 1/21/11?

Carriers
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    THEY ARE NOT TO BE TRUSTED, and here is why: I received that same correspondence stating my service was about to expire. Every couple of days another e-mail of how many days now remained. After it expired I started receiving e-mails I could retain my number if I re-activated. I also got bonus offers. I don`t know how many days past de-activation it is now but they are still offering my old phone number.

BUT HERE IS THE KICKER. Over Four months ago I de-activated that phone by moving the phone number/minutes/days to a new phone I was activating (which I am using now and have added airtime) I even entered the code to clear the airtime display. The phone had been de-activated about two months before I started receiving notices my airtime was about to run out. So how are they going to give me my old phone number back, steal it from my new phone or have it on both phones?????

Carriers
    ATT Gophone
    Net 10
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by millept View Post
    If the expiration date was 2/21/11, then it hasn't been 30 days yet. Did you mean 1/21/11?
    I'm so sorry, yes it was 1/21/11

I guess I wouldn't depend on it working, but in our case it was nice that it did since it was alot easier to reactivate with same number and not have to wait for new sim. I just let that phone expire after we used almost all of the airtime on it because my daughter had gotten a new phone. We did not port the number to another phone.

Tracfancier, was your phone a cdma phone? I've had this happen before also on cdma Tracfones that it would show remaining airtime and days and old phone number even long after deactivated.

When I recently reactivated one such phone, where I had ported the number to another phone, I had to add airtime card and it issued me a new phone number.

Carriers
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by mommusic View Post
    I'm so sorry, yes it was 1/21/11

Tracfancier, was your phone a cdma phone? I've had this happen before also on cdma Tracfones that it would show remaining airtime and days and old phone number even long after deactivated.

When I recently reactivated one such phone, where I had ported the number to another phone, I had to add airtime card and it issued me a new phone number.
    I Transfered everything from a LG420G to a new LG290C. The de-activated phone will retain the transfered minutes/days/phone number Info. unless CS has you enter a code to clear all three.