Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Contract Expire Date Trick

Feedback Score

Contract Expire Date Trick

I have 3 phones on a family plan, I feel I have been paying to much for service and want to move on. I was waiting for my contract to end before I canceled Verizon.

! of my phones was up for replacment 8 months ago, the other 2 came up this month so you would think the 2 year contract was over.

Guess again, just by chance I was going thru my paperwork from Verizon and discovered that the 2 phones that came up this months were shipped in June 2009 so I have not had them or the contract for 2 years.

I called Verizon and confirmed that my contract runs till june 2011 and if I canceled it now it would cost me $250 per phone in early termination fees.

The Verizon rep felt they were doing a good thing by offering a new phone before 2 years, I do not see it that way. I think it is a trick to milk the last buck (or in my case 500 bucks) from a customer that wants to leave and thinks the contract is over.

Noware on my bill does it say when the contract expires, the bill used to display this info till around 2008.

Just be carefull, Verizon is full of tricks

Carrier
    Current: Verizon. Former: at&t, Sprint, SunCom, PrimeCo, GTE Wireless, Contel Cellular
    Feedback Score
    You have got to be kidding me. It was YOUR choice to upgrade when you did. Most people don't cell phone hop and appreciate the opportunity to upgrade a couple of months early. Your end date is on the contract. It is also available on the webpage. It was/is your decision to upgrade or not. Verizon is giving you the choice. Nothing shady about it.

Phone
    iPhone5 | iPhone4 | Nexus S
    Carrier
    Verizon|AT&T|Sprint
    Feedback Score
    LOL - you tricked yourself. You think when you commit to a one or two year contract it really means something less than that?
    iPhone

iPad 4G

It just keeps getting better...

Carrier
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Every company lets you upgrade before your contract is up. With Verizon regular upgrades come at 20 months of a 24 month contract. How is that milking you for anything? You don't have to sign a new contract now, and you didn't have to sign the last one you did. If you signed the last contract in June of 09 then you are stuck in contract until June of 11.

Phone
    Droid 1Ghz 2.1 BBv1.0
    Carrier
    VZW-Agent
    Feedback Score
    Looks like YOU upgraded those lines the promotional price there for extending your contract. No tricks her just a misunderstanding on your end on how contracts work.

Sent via the HowardForums Android app
    My motto as a VERIZON agent- Treat the customer the way you want to be treated, if you treat them like crap dont complain when they treat you like crap. If I lose a sale I dont lose sleep over it I move on. Some people never buy from my store oh well $10 transfer fee. Some people are mad at the world, doesnt affect me.

Phone
    Incredible
    Carrier
    VZW
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by kevink1955 View Post
    The Verizon rep felt they were doing a good thing by offering a new phone before 2 years, I do not see it that way. I think it is a trick to milk the last buck (or in my case 500 bucks) from a customer that wants to leave and thinks the contract is over.
    I'm certain that about 98% of the forum members here would disagree with you. Most people here upgrade every chance they get and willingly renew their contract. I'm sorry but if you think this is some sort of "trick" that only Verizon is "guilty" of than your sadly mistaken because every other carrier does the same thing.

Feedback Score
    Guess I am just a simpleton then for assuming (yea I know) that when they offer me a new phone my contract is up. I love Verizons network but I hate the business plan. Every time they "Offer" me something it winds up costing me.

I do not have the will or the time to deal with them.

I must remember to call and thank them for the 20 month replacment and the 2 year hook it comes with.

They call me almost every week to offer me a "better plan" bacause my teen daughter went 3 texts over the limit last month, another 19.95 to save .30 cents I think not.

Guess I am not going to get any supporters here, only posted to let the other simpletons like me know that when they offer you a phone your contract is not over.

Phones
    A phone
    with buttons
    'n stuff
    Carrier
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Verizon did just robbed this guy.

Lol

Phones
    Samsung Galaxy S3
    Last 5: HTC Thunderbolt
    Motorola Droid, BB Tour, BB Storm, BB Pearl
    Carrier
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    This is a joke right? You're just trolling?

Phones
    Samsung Galaxy S3
    Last 5: HTC Thunderbolt
    Motorola Droid, BB Tour, BB Storm, BB Pearl
    Carrier
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Vatothe0 View Post
    Verizon did just robbed this guy.

Lol
    Ahahahaha. That's classic

Phones
    Razr MAXX & Wifi Xoom(me)
    Droid X(wife) Razr MAXX(rug rat 1)
    MIFI Hot Spot
    Carrier
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Best laugh I've had this week!!!
    Those tricky devils!!! LMAO!!!!!

Sent from my D1! But would rather send from a Xoom using Tapatalk!!!

Carrier
    Vrizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Thanks for the heads up. Who would have thought they would try to retain you as a customer before you were able to leave to go somewhere else? Sounds like a bad business practice.

And forgiving the last 4 months of your current contract if you sign a new one? Totally unfair.

Don't even get me started on selling high end electronics for less than they are worth.

And congratulations on finding this forum. Not many people with your mental capacity could do that.

Feedback Score
    To the poster who called me a troll, love you upside down flag. Shows you are in distress

To everyone else, I just posted to let those who may not know your contract is not over when they offer you a new phone. I did not know and just assumed the contract was over. They used to put your contract dates on your bill, why did they stop doing that.

Phones
    Iphone 4
    Iphone 4
    Iphone 4
    Carrier
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    I think what the Guy is saying is it would be nice if Verizon would clearly print the contract end date. Verizon posts the phone upgrade date and people think that is their end date, so for the ones that want to leave they are looking at the upgrade date thinking that is when they can shut service off and find out they actually have 2 or 4 months left, which would be frustrating.

Verizon should list the contract end date in bold letters and below it list the early phone upgrade date. Yes it is nice that Verizon offers the early upgrades, and I know that the actual contract date is online if you see it. but most people look at the upgrade date thinking that's the end. Verizon could avoid this confusion by listing it as the early upgrade date and putting next to it the actual contract end date.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
    Iphone 4, haven't looked back..

Carrier
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    There is a bar chart that indicates how far you are into a contract and when you are eligible for an upgrade on the online site. Maybe you missed that.
    If I'm annoyed and you're annoyed, does that make us a paranoid ??

Sarcasm is a fine art...

"Don't believe everything you think"

It's not a matter of if you win or lose, it's how you assign the blame

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast