Thread: Virgin mobile - Lg Optimus V - with straight talk?

Feedback Score

Virgin mobile - Lg Optimus V - with straight talk?

is this possible? if so can someone shed some light on what i may have to do to get this to work? i love the phone considering its android and i dont wanna get rid of it but not so much vm/sprints service as it can be sketchy for me sometimes.... thanks in advance

Phones
    OPtimus Logic/ZTE Merit/HTC EVO V
    Moto Atrix 2
    LG Optimus Logic (Straight Talk)
    Carriers
    StraightTalk
    Feedback Score
    can't be done sorry to say

Carriers
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    Your phone with Sprint/VM is CDMA (no SIM card). Only a smart phone with SIM card will work using the SIM from the ST E-71.

Feedback Score
    If you're interested in the LG Optimus series phones and would like to use one on Straight Talk's network (AT&T) you could get an Optimus One. The following phones CAN NOT be used on Straight Talk.

The first on the list is Verizon's Optimus (called the Vortex on their network, CDMA), Optimus S (Sprint, CDMA), Optimus V (Virgin Mobile, Sprint, CDMA), Optimus M (MetroPCS, CDMA), Optimus U (U.S. Cellular, CDMA).

The Optimus One is on AT&T's GSM network. From what I've been able to gather it is also possible to use a T-Mobile Optimus T on the Straight Talk plan as well.

Carrier
    Virgin Mobile USA
    Feedback Score
    well it can be done in my area. Here they use verizion and there CDMA. basicly you would have to flash some network id numbers to the android and call to register the phone that you got the numbers from you will also have to dial##VIRGIN# to get the programing menu to add the MDN and MSID. its not easy

Phone
    Galaxy S II
    Carrier
    Straight Talk
    Feedback Score
    This is basically the same phone at the optimus v http://www.walmart.com/ip/AT-T-Prepa...ilver/16914036 and it would work on straight talk

also you could probably get bestbuy to match that price and then use http://howardforums.com/NFMcH coupon and get it for $140 brand new