Thread: How early do you need to add money top up?

Feedback Score

How early do you need to add money top up?

I activated on the feb 6th and just got this text message today. I am not even close to using up the 300 minutes.

"An incoming text message didn't come through due to a low balance. Top-Up to add to your cash balance or purchase a messaging pack now. Go to VirginXL > Top-Up."

Carriers
    Virgin Mobile USA
    Feedback Score
    If the text message was international, it wouldn't be covered by your Beyond Talk plan. You need to carry some account balance besides the monthly plan if you want to do calling and texting outside the US.

Feedback Score
    Strange, I don't have any friends outside the states who have my number.

I just added $25 but did not receive the "blocked" message. I think VM just tricked me to top up early. grrrrrr

Carriers
    Virgin Mobile USA
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by gsrrrr View Post
    Strange, I don't have any friends outside the states who have my number.

I just added $25 but did not receive the "blocked" message. I think VM just tricked me to top up early. grrrrrr
    Now that you have an account balance, you'd better check your account and make sure that they're not charging you by the message. That happens sometimes.

Feedback Score
    I just checked and it has me down for unlimited.

Feedback Score
    I saw the subject and thought that you were going to ask how early to top up to avoid service interruptions. Because I was coming here to ask about that (but not about getting charged for texts)

At any rate, I am on the BT $25 plan. The VM site says that my "Date Due" is 3/1. When would be a good time to top up? If I top up on say, 2/27, would it extend the 30 days from the due date or do something crazy and just add 30 days from 2/27? Could I do it any time on 3/1 or shoulkd I just make sure that i do it by end of the day on 2/28?

Thanks!

Carriers
    Virgin Mobile USA
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by gsrrrr View Post
    I just checked and it has me down for unlimited.
    Don't just check the front page, log into your account on the web site and check your usage.

Carriers
    Virgin Mobile USA
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by oldroadfan View Post
    At any rate, I am on the BT $25 plan. The VM site says that my "Date Due" is 3/1. When would be a good time to top up? If I top up on say, 2/27, would it extend the 30 days from the due date or do something crazy and just add 30 days from 2/27? Could I do it any time on 3/1 or shoulkd I just make sure that i do it by end of the day on 2/28?
    Any of those options is fine and offers no particular advantage over the others.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Churner View Post
    Don't just check the front page, log into your account on the web site and check your usage.
    Yup, that's what I did and it says "unlimited" when I click messages.

Do I need to "activate" the $25 for next month when March 6th comes around or will it do it automatically?

Carriers
    T-Mobile
    Page Plus
    Feedback Score
    The VM site says that my "Date Due" is 3/1. When would be a good time to top up? If I top up on say, 2/27, would it extend the 30 days from the due date or do something crazy and just add 30 days from 2/27? Could I do it any time on 3/1 or shoulkd I just make sure that i do it by end of the day on 2/28?
    If you add $25 today it wouldn't apply it until 3/1. I added $25 last week for a 3/1 due date.

Phone
    lg optimus,motorola i425,samsung r211
    Carrier
    boost mobile,cricket paygo,virgin mobile
    Feedback Score
    Wirelessly posted (Opera/9.80 (Android; Opera Mini/5.1.22460/23.390; U; en) Presto/2.5.25 Version/10.54)

listen im on unlimited and I forgot my due date was the 13th.on the 14 I received a text and it took money off my balance.I called and they said since it's after the 13th then my plan isn't active so I got charged for a single text.I started complaining so they gave me credit.remember if your past your due date then unlimited text don't count

Feedback Score
    This is an error of the system, it happens all the time, if you had money in your account they would charge you for that message. Thats why you got a message like that. thats why I don't have any extra credit in my account because this happens all the time, if you have like 3.00 dlls in 1 week your account may be in zeros

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Willow16 View Post
    If you add $25 today it wouldn't apply it until 3/1. I added $25 last week for a 3/1 due date.
    Thanks Willow16 and Churner!

Feedback Score
    Thanks Willow16 and Churner!
    Again: be careful, VM may charge you for things that are not supposed to be charged such as text. if you add credit make sure you check it everyday, if not, by the end of the month, when its time for renewal you may not have enough money in your account.