Thread: Phone won't connect to wifi at home.

Feedback Score

Phone won't connect to wifi at home.

I can't connect to my router at home for some reason. As soon as it connects it disconnects i figured maybe if i turned the router off and on that would work but no dice.

I had no problem connecting to my works router today.
    Last edited by Zachmo182; 02-25-2011 at 11:31 PM.

Carrier
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Optimus? If so, it's a known issue with hidden SSID's you need to broadcast the SSID

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by idbl_fanatic View Post
    Optimus? If so, it's a known issue with hidden SSID's you need to broadcast the SSID
    How do i go about doing that?

Carrier
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Depending on your router, you need to enable broadcast on the router

Feedback Score
    There is an app called "Hidden SSID Enabler" that allows the phone to find your hidden SSID.

Phone
    Galaxy Nexus
    Carrier
    T-mobile
    Feedback Score
    A hidden ssid means your router is not showing up as a device to connect to. If it shows up(without typing the name of the router in) on your phone it is not a hidden

How old is the router? Is there a firmware update for it? It could be a encryption issue try changing to another method(wep, wpa, wpa2) or temporarily to open to see if it works. Also try disabling wireless G and connecting over wireless b. You can also call tech support for the router and see if they can help.

I used to be a network technician, routers have the most annoying issues to deal with(right after printers and users), I still have small issues with mine after countless troubleshooting. If you do end up getting a new router(~$50 for low end) I recommend linksys due to it large online community of troubleshooters.

Feedback Score
    Nope the router shows up on my phone. I have a Netgear i would call them up but they want money for for help since its over a year old. My laptop has no problem connecting.

Phone
    Galaxy Nexus
    Carrier
    T-mobile
    Feedback Score
    can you get into the settings to try some of the things I mentioned

Phone
    LG Optimus Elite
    Carrier
    Virgin Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by rocke86 View Post
    How old is the router? Is there a firmware update for it?
    I had this exact problem with my new Optimus connecting to my Trendnet router at home. It wouldn't connect to my router when WPA was enabled, but worked fine when I disabled all encryption on the router.

After searching online, I found a firmware update for my router, and my Optimus now connects fine with encryption turned on.

Carrier
    Virgin Mobile FTW!
    Feedback Score
    I'm having this same problem with my MT. So far I've updated the firmware, tried different security settings, and factory reset but still no luck. Funny thing is that it will work after changing the security settings for a few minutes but then it's like it kicks me off and won't reconnect. Also every other phone, pc, does not have these issues. My SSID is broadcasted, anybody got some tips before I try exchanging the phone?

HTC: Mogul, Touch, Touch Pro, Touch Pro 2, Sensation
    Samsung: Moment, Intercept, Galaxy Note 2
    LG: Optimus V, Optimus Slider
    Tablets: Nook, Iconia Tab, Nexus 7

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by idbl_fanatic View Post
    I have no problem connecting to my home router with hidden ssid. but I did set up the Optimus wireless connection manually rather than letting it search for the signal.

Feedback Score
    I have an Optimus V. At first it didn't see my hidden network, but then I installed the Hidden SSID Enabler app which fixed the problem.

Feedback Score

cell phone want stay connected to wifi

cell phone want stay connected to wifi it will connect then unconnect

Feedback Score

Optimus won't connect to wifi

I had the same problem (LG Optimus T won't connect to wifi). The phone would show "Connecting..." as the status and then abruptly switch to "Disconnecting..." when trying to connect to my home network. The problem was that my router was in "802.11n ONLY" mode; once I configured the router to "Mixed 802.11n & 802.11g" mode my Optimus T was able to successfully connect to my home network.

Unfortunately, the Optimus T (or Optimus V) doesn't generate an error message when it encounters a network connection failure. If it had generated an error message such as "incompatible mode" the troubleshooting process would have been much shorter. The user manual that LG has provided for the Optimus T discusses network security settings, but doesn't address the issue of wifi modes, so RTFM was of no use.