Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Best Apps found for Net10 (LG 900)

Phones
    LG 900G
    Lg 600g (retired)
    Lg VX8500 (retired)
    Carrier
    Net10
    Feedback Score

Best Apps found for Net10 (LG 900)

Could we start a list of Apps that work well with links?
    Maybe free games or even worth while paid for ones?

I have used my SDmicro card to download from my Pc.
    As far as I know only .jar files work. .jad ones gave me errors.
    Most sites are not update with LG 900g yet, so look for LG GW300.
    Are there other Lg models that work well for this phone?

Opera mini
    http://www.opera.com/mobile/download/versions/

www.getjar.com
    you can set your phone as LG GW300 but many do not work that well.

http://phone.mobile9.com/i/lg+gw300/
    has many good games and a few apps

I'll try to update my list of ones I like so far.

Phones
    unlocked at&t Samsung S3 mini
    Carrier
    StraightTalk at&t
    Feedback Score
    8. NET10 UNLIMITED PLAN INTENDED USE
    The NET10 Unlimited Plan may ONLY be used with a NET10 Phone for the following purposes: (i) Person to Person Voice Calls (ii) Text and Picture Messaging (iii) Internet browsing through the NET10 Mobile Web Portal and (iv) Authorized Content Downloads from the NET10 Mobile Web Store. The NET10 Unlimited Plan MAY NOT be used for any other purpose. Examples of prohibited uses include, without limitation, the following: (i) continuous mobile to mobile or mobile to landline voice calls; (ii) automated text or picture messaging to another mobile device or e-mail address; (iii) uploading, downloading or streaming of audio or video programming or games; (iv) server devices or host computer applications, including, but not limited to, Web camera posts or broadcasts, automatic data feeds, automated machine-to-machine connections or peer-to-peer (“P2P”) file sharing; or (v) as a substitute or backup for private lines or dedicated data connections. This means, by way of example only, that checking email, surfing the Internet, downloading legally acquired songs, and/or visiting corporate intranets is permitted, but downloading movies using P2P file sharing services or redirecting television signals for viewing on laptops is prohibited. A customer engaged in prohibited uses may have his/her Service terminated without notice or a refund.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ljfnky View Post
    8. NET10 UNLIMITED PLAN INTENDED USE
    The NET10 Unlimited Plan may ONLY be used with a NET10 Phone for the following purposes: (i) Person to Person Voice Calls (ii) Text and Picture Messaging (iii) Internet browsing through the NET10 Mobile Web Portal and (iv) Authorized Content Downloads from the NET10 Mobile Web Store. The NET10 Unlimited Plan MAY NOT be used for any other purpose. Examples of prohibited uses include, without limitation, the following: (i) continuous mobile to mobile or mobile to landline voice calls; (ii) automated text or picture messaging to another mobile device or e-mail address; (iii) uploading, downloading or streaming of audio or video programming or games; (iv) server devices or host computer applications, including, but not limited to, Web camera posts or broadcasts, automatic data feeds, automated machine-to-machine connections or peer-to-peer (“P2P”) file sharing; or (v) as a substitute or backup for private lines or dedicated data connections. This means, by way of example only, that checking email, surfing the Internet, downloading legally acquired songs, and/or visiting corporate intranets is permitted, but downloading movies using P2P file sharing services or redirecting television signals for viewing on laptops is prohibited. A customer engaged in prohibited uses may have his/her Service terminated without notice or a refund.
    ???

I'm not sure what you're getting at. The NET10 packaging itself boasts that the 900g is 'appable'.

Phones
    Carrier
    StraightTalk at&t
    Feedback Score
    Yea i know I'm just wondering since I have downloaded apps if they will find out and cut my service.

Feedback Score
    There's a line on net10 site says something like if you go somewhere else for ringtones, you will pay for minutes. They emphasis it very heavily. But if you use their website, you pay for minutes anyway. You can also create your own ringtones and install it on the phone so what gives.

The company is just trying to steer your wallet toward their services, protect themselves from you, and also protect themselves from lawsuit of the owners of protected material and copyrighted material.

I haven't heard of any policing program to date, nor anyone being cut off because they downloaded some apps onto their phone. I wouldn't worry. If you are really concern, you can always start a thread for feedback on this issue.

Yea i know I'm just wondering since I have downloaded apps if they will find out and cut my service.
    Real Life Dictionary: Cell Phone. A fancy term for mobile answering machine.

Phones
    LG 900G
    Lg 600g (retired)
    Lg VX8500 (retired)
    Carrier
    Net10
    Feedback Score
    lol I just wanted to create a resource to make it simple to get the most out of this phone and not waste time and minutes.

so one thing I came across: I have added great games that are 320 x 240 BUT since the top bar with signal, time, icons, etc lowers the screen... you cannot see the bottom of the app.

is there anyway around this?

Feedback Score
    All of the games I have tried have worked. Some want to go to an undisclosed website, I deleted those, do not trust that.

I noticed on the Doppler solitaire if you stack enough cards up they disappear off the bottom of the screen. Not a big problem in that game.

MgMaps works, somewhat. You get many warnings about the app accessing data. And when you zoom in, it seems to hang.

Its a little disappointing that many of the games are rather lame and most of the apps have some issues. But at least I am not paying Verizon 6.99 for some lame game.

Phones
    Blackberry Bold 9000
    Motorola RAZR V3xx
    Motorola A1200R
    Carrier
    Net10 (AT&T)
    Feedback Score
    ljfnky
    Don't be so paranoid, they aren't gonna cut your service just because you got JAVA apps elsewhere.

For all the apps that work for the LG900G, simply go to getjar(dot)com and input your phone as an LG GW300. Same phone, just different firmware. Happy downloading!
    HOW TO UNLOCK AND FLASH A NET10 LG 900G
    http://forum.gsmhosting.com/vbb/f177...hread-1176052/

Feedback Score
    @NismoMax80 have you tried contacting KLM. He remarked that On the 900, checking the system information from MDIP, the memory area reserved for midlets is 3,670,016 bytes. It could be why some games worked and others not so well.

Quote Originally Posted by NismoMax80 View Post
    lol I just wanted to create a resource to make it simple to get the most out of this phone and not waste time and minutes.

so one thing I came across: I have added great games that are 320 x 240 BUT since the top bar with signal, time, icons, etc lowers the screen... you cannot see the bottom of the app.

is there anyway around this?

Phones
    Carrier
    StraightTalk at&t
    Feedback Score
    I downloaded hangman from getjar to my computer then hooked up my phone using usb cable. Was kind of complicated but I figured it out playing around with. game is now on phone and it works great.
    1. thing on Youtube there's a video on installing apps via usb cable. The video says when you hook up your phone it will show Two drives in my " computer " 1 being the sd card the other as the internal memory or something like that. But I only had "1" drive show on my computer. I thought that was weird but all worked out.

Carriers
    net10
    Feedback Score
    I downloaded hangman from getjar to my computer then hooked up my phone using usb cable. Was kind of complicated but I figured it out playing around with. game is now on phone and it works great.
    1. thing on Youtube there's a video on installing apps via usb cable. The video says when you hook up your phone it will show Two drives in my " computer " 1 being the sd card the other as the internal memory or something like that. But I only had "1" drive show on my computer. I thought that was weird but all worked out.
    I'd like to hear details of how you made things work. That's the beauty of the public forums, we can learn from your learning. Thanks.

-- This is the manual for the LG 900g (sic) phone.
    http://img.orange.sk/orange_sk/data/...erguide,en.pdf
    Last edited by ogeneyes; 03-28-2011 at 02:44 PM. Reason: no .sig

Carrier
    NET 10
    Feedback Score
    I'm John and I'm new here. I just bought an LG 900g on the Net 10 service. I set it up for the first month with the $50.00 unlimited card. I was able to download, apps for GMAIL and Facebook and the Opera mini browser.
    Now everytime I try to download something else from getjar it starts then give me a message that say insufficient memory and closes the browser. Can anyone tell what that means and how to proceed.

Phones
    Carrier
    StraightTalk at&t
    Feedback Score
    Your probably getting that cause net10 doesn't give you a micro sd card with your purchase. I got a sd card and it helped me with that problem.

Carrier
    NET 10
    Feedback Score
    I have the Micro SD card from my previous phone. It has a lot of pictures and music on it though. Do I need to make some space?

Phones
    LG 900G
    Lg 600g (retired)
    Lg VX8500 (retired)
    Carrier
    Net10
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by John Trimble View Post
    I have the Micro SD card from my previous phone. It has a lot of pictures and music on it though. Do I need to make some space?
    you need to transfer the apps from the phone's memory to the card. when your in the apps folder on the one you downloaded: hit Options then Move then External Memory

I noticed there is a limit to the amount off Java apps you can have regardless of SD memory. Phone only allows so many. But I have a lot of games and a few apps.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast