Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Best Apps found for Net10 (LG 900)

Carrier
    NET 10
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by NismoMax80 View Post
    you need to transfer the apps from the phone's memory to the card. when your in the apps folder on the one you downloaded: hit Options then Move then External Memory

I noticed there is a limit to the amount off Java apps you can have regardless of SD memory. Phone only allows so many. But I have a lot of games and a few apps.
    So far all I have added is GMAIL, FAcebook and Ooera mini. As far as transerring the new apps to the sd card, I don't get that far. it is during the download that the insufficent memory message pops up and closes the browser.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by John Trimble View Post
    So far all I have added is GMAIL, FAcebook and Ooera mini. As far as transerring the new apps to the sd card, I don't get that far. it is during the download that the insufficent memory message pops up and closes the browser.
    Are you downloading directly to the phone using the native browser or opera mini? Others have reported getting the insufficient memory message when using the native browser no matter how much memory is available on the phone. Problem is solved by switching to opera mini.

Phones
    LG 900G
    Lg 600g (retired)
    Lg VX8500 (retired)
    Carrier
    Net10
    Feedback Score
    I have downloaded all files to my SD card on my PC 1st. Then inserted the card and turned on the phone. Launch from the card then move the app to the card.

Carriers
    net10
    Feedback Score

Net10's own game gets cut off by top line (typing game)

Quote Originally Posted by NismoMax80 View Post
    lol I just wanted to create a resource to make it simple to get the most out of this phone and not waste time and minutes.

so one thing I came across: I have added great games that are 320 x 240 BUT since the top bar with signal, time, icons, etc lowers the screen... you cannot see the bottom of the app.

is there anyway around this?
    I'm just mentioning that the typing game that comes with the phone lies "under" the top-bar and you cant read the words to type them until they lower. So net10 has no concern for us and usability.

I'll be interested in responses to your question.

All for now.
    -- This is the manual for the LG 900g (sic) phone.
    http://img.orange.sk/orange_sk/data/pomoc_a_podpora/LG_GW300_userguide,en.pdf

Thank you,
    OgenEyes

Feedback Score
    Anyone know where I can find the drivers for the LG900G so that I can use the micro cable I have to transfer music to the 4gb micro SD card I put in it? I found them once, then I had to restore my laptop to factory condition and I lost them, somehow. Everything else was backed up though thank goodness. But I can't remember where I found them. I'm using Windows 7 64bit.

Carrier
    TF GSM & ST CDMA
    Feedback Score
    Just to put my two cents in, the LG900G has a little glitch when you install some apps or games. As long as the memory card is not in the phone when you try to install an app you'll get the best possible outcome if it will work on your phone. With the memory card installed in the phone it seems to prevent some apps/games from installing so if you find one you really want REMOVE the memory card and try to install (mainly applies to the .jad online files). If it installs and works then you can MOVE it to your memory card to free up phone memory. I've run across several people that had problems installing Opera and Bolt until I told them to remove the memory card and then everything worked out fine for their installations. So far I have the following apps working on my phone: Facebook (duh!), Twitter, Opera Mini (version 6 signed version), Bolt, Google Mail, Google Maps, MemoryUp J2ME Edition, Snaptu (soft keys "Menu" and "Exit" are improperly mapped so they don't work until a new version fixes this). I'm not a big gamer so I have only added Jetris and Asteroids. Remember to try and get signed versions when you're given a choice otherwise it will keep popping up with "Untrusted application blah blah ...." over and over. Hope that helps some folks get apps/games on their phones.
    *** One other important thing to keep in mind is you need another browser because the native browser can't seem to open web pages or downloads that exceed about 300K without displaying the insufficient memory notification and most web pages other than WAP sites are bigger than 300K. Opera and Bolt don't have that limitation.
    Last edited by BobbyLee; 05-29-2011 at 11:00 PM.

Phone
    Moto W260G, LG420G, LG500G, LG600G, LG900G, Optimus V
    Carrier
    Tracfone Virgin
    Feedback Score
    On the 'top line' of a game or app being cut off by the top status bar. Screen size topic comes up often. I tell folks when they get a phone to know what the 'canvas' and 'full canvas' (these re java terms) sizes are for your phone. To know the two sizes will help some times in downloading an app, and have it fit right. I have been to sites where they offer the same app but in different resolutions, where some only vary by 20 pixels. That would be about the different between screens that are either canvas (area not counting status bar) or full canvas (area counting the status bar, which may go away with the right app).

The screen size for the 900 is not 320x240.

The full canvas for the 900 is 320x222.

The canvas size (not counting top status bar area is is 320x198.

Odd sizes, but those are the sizes you need to shop for. So if you are downloading anything that does not have either of these screen sizes, you could have problems.

Games and apps for java mobile realize you probably don't have a lot of internal memory (SD card is not part of discussion). So, they are not always going to going to carry sets and sets of fixed (not scalable) graphics of all different sizes, eating up memory that will never get used.

Hence the need to be selective where possible for apps that offer in different resolutions.

(kinda related below)
    Now, with that said, there is a way to declare your screen size to apps (if the app can/chooses to take advantage of the additional info), that may be able to manage the screen size availability and adjust. This can really help if the app is actually too small to fill the screen. If the app resolution is too large, probably won't help. This requires modifying files.

For the app you are having screen size issues you would:

-Extract the MANIFEST.MF file located in the META-INF directory. You will modify this file, so open it up with notepad or something.

-Add two lines to the MANIFEST.MF file:
    LGE-MIDlet-TargetLCD-Height: xxx
    LGE-MIDlet-TargetLCD-Width: xxx
    Replace x's with your true screen size.

- Save the modified MANIFEST.MF, and put it back where it belongs in the .JAR

- Try the app.

Phone
    Moto W260G, LG420G, LG500G, LG600G, LG900G, Optimus V
    Carrier
    Tracfone Virgin
    Feedback Score
    About where to find drives for the LG00G to transfer data- I don't have drivers for the LG900G. No one odes as LG does not have drivers for the 900. (TF/Net10/ST didn't pay for that, just like a real manual).

I can transfer files just fine.

Enable USB mass storage on 900, insert cable, connect to PC, wait for PC to recognize phone as storage device and assign a drive letter. Your all set

Carriers
    net10
    Feedback Score
    I have some questions. One at a time.

1. How do you make your own ringtone. What format? Where do you put it on the phone to use it?

NismoMax80 said: I have downloaded all files to my SD card on my PC 1st. Then inserted the card and turned on the phone. Launch from the card then move the app to the card.

Will that install it on the phone? Some else said the card keps things from installing and to take it out and dl to the phone. In this case I cant extract the zip|tar on the phone.

2. I've downloaded an IRC app and extracted it on my computer. Where do I put it on the phone, and how? When I connect my phone to the computer I dont see the applications directory. I can post the image of the directories I do see if that is contrary to your experience.

Thanks a lot.
    Last edited by ogeneyes; 05-30-2011 at 09:10 AM. Reason: learned, added from NismoMax80

Phone
    S390G LG500G T404G T301G V170
    Carrier
    TracFone (AT&T SIM)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ogeneyes View Post
    1. How do you make your own ringtone. What format? Where do you put it on the phone to use it?
    I managed to get one old voice recording (.AMR) as the default ringtone, but cannot assign AMR files for other uses.

MP3 files work but they have to be small. Someone mentioned 300KB, but I had to go smaller on some. Suggest using a short clip and a program that will adjust the compression for a specific file size.

Then copy them to the SD card in the sounds directory. Once on the card and in the phone you can copy to the phone memory if you want.

Will that install it on the phone? Some else said the card keps things from installing and to take it out and dl to the phone. In this case I cant extract the zip|tar on the phone.
    I've just put the JAR files on the SD card, in the "Other" directory. Then browse to that location and launch the jar file. That installs it in the phone memory. Then you can go to Games & Apps, and move the app to external memory, which will move it to the Apps folder on the SD card.

Don't extract the archive before putting it on the phone/card.

I haven't had trouble with anything not installing from the card yet, but I've only done a few small apps so far.

Feedback Score
    Thanks! That was pretty easy.

Carrier
    Net 10
    Feedback Score
    mine only allows me to download 6 apps

Feedback Score
    I just got the LG900G....and would LOVE to find some apps to go on it, I've been on a few different apps store websites (including the LG app store!) and none of them have the 900G as an option.
    I DID get a few apps from getjar, and they all worked fine....I have "stargazer" which is pretty cool, it allows you to plug in your city and state, and then shows you what is visible in the sky, and where....you can change the 'compass' settings to match up with which way you are looking....
    Also got the flashlight app (which is VERY dim, but will definately allow you to see a keyhole in the dark) and the Bar Code Scanner.
    If anyone knows of another app store (I am even willing to pay to get a few cool apps), please post!

And as far as ringtones go...I use "myxer.com", it lets you pull a song off your computer and pick any 40 second part of the song, and then it messages you a link, which you then open up, and it downloads your custom ringtone right to your phone. Totally free, except the minute you use to get on the web to download it. But you have to have an mp3 file on your computer to use....

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2