White Galaxy S5 & White iPhone 6
    LG G-Flex, Nexus 4, Nexus 5
    Carrier
    T-Mobile & AT&T
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Tons of new T-Mobile cell sites - check your city

t-mobile.com/coverage

There's way more on the site, I couldn't get them all because of the limited zooming and constant panning.
    Last edited by ChristopherMcG; 02-28-2011 at 03:08 AM.
    Google+
    Happy T-Mobile Customer since '09
    Content AT&T Customer since '12

Phone
    MyTouch 4G
    Carrier
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Awesome job Kies! I'll admit, i check every so often to see what new towers come up on the map too! It's nice to see T-Mobile constantly increasing coverage and filling in holes. In Chicago, Sprint only has like 5 new towers coming up while T-mobile has like 25 haha

Phones
    Nokia 8290 (TMO primary and site checker) / 6200 (850 roaming) / 6340i (AT&T PAYG and site checker)
    Nokia 8290 on Simple Mobile (T-Mobile site checker)
    6340i (AT&T site checker) / 6200 backup GSM phone with 850
    Carriers
    Simple Mobile / AT&T PAYG (for backup & checking cell sites) / PagePlus (trial)
    Vodafone NZ / M1 (SIN)
    Feedback Score
    It looks to me like they might have rolled out lots of right-of-way sites here in the SF Bay Area, judging by some of those locations. About a year ago they did 50 of them in SF.

Right-of-way sites meaning on phone and light poles.

I also learned today, after a brief look, that Compass and Coverage Viewer are not in synch. There are sites showing on the Coverage Viewer that are not in Compass yet.

That new cursor key panning mode in Coverage Viewer is pretty cool, except the programmers did not have enough sense to make the page small so it would not also scroll at the same time.
    AT&T and T-Mobile SF Bay Area+ Cell Sites - with Cell ID labels
    http://sfocellsites.com/
    Over 1,100 AT&T sites in the 9 Bay Area counties + San Benito, Santa Cruz and Monterey counties
    Now over 1,500 T-Mobile sites in these 12 counties

Phones
    Carrier
    T-Mobile & AT&T
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by gregsmith59 View Post
    It looks to me like they might have rolled out lots of right-of-way sites here in the SF Bay Area, judging by some of those locations. About a year ago they did 50 of them in SF.

Right-of-way sites meaning on phone and light poles.

I also learned today, after a brief look, that Compass and Coverage Viewer are not in synch. There are sites showing on the Coverage Viewer that are not in Compass yet.

That new cursor key panning mode in Coverage Viewer is pretty cool, except the programmers did not have enough sense to make the page small so it would not also scroll at the same time.
    I wonder if they are 3G or 2G.

Phone
    MyTouch 4G
    Carrier
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    It looks like they're doing a lot of fill in work, but there's not much expansion?

Phones
    Carrier
    T-Mobile & AT&T
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by louderxxnow View Post
    It looks like they're doing a lot of fill in work, but there's not much expansion?
    Someone just posted about T-Mobile expanding into a previously roaming only area. The expansion plans seem to be a lot of work so I'm guessing they will be starting on that soon.

Phone
    MyTouch 4G
    Carrier
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Kies View Post
    Someone just posted about T-Mobile expanding into a previously roaming only area. The expansion plans seem to be a lot of work so I'm guessing they will be starting on that soon.
    I sure hope so! It'd be nice to get some expansion in Illinois...the rural areas need help

Phones
    Carrier
    T-Mobile & AT&T
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Yah IL looks pretty sparse compared to other carriers.

Phone
    MyTouch 4G
    Carrier
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    It sucks. Most of the towers they add are in Chicago...they should at least let us roam.

BTW, Kies I added you as a friend

Phones
    Nokia 8290 (TMO primary and site checker) / 6200 (850 roaming) / 6340i (AT&T PAYG and site checker)
    Carriers
    Vodafone NZ / M1 (SIN)
    Feedback Score
    I wonder if they are 3G or 2G.
    I have a Comet on the way, so I should finally be able to answer that question by next week.

Phones
    Nexus 4, Galaxy Nexus (GSM)
    Nexus 4, Galaxy Nexus (GSM)
    Carriers
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Yah IL looks pretty sparse compared to other carriers.
    Illinois and Georgia are states with relatively good terrain that TMO for some reason doesn't have very good native OR roaming rural coverage.

That said, in Illinois they added rural (new, previously no roaming available) coverage in Griggsville, and Jacksonville. And in Northeast AR, they added a ton of towers in the Fayetteville and Bentonville area (previously covered, but not as extensive)

^ TMO LTE ^---------------|------St Louis-------|----------------^ ATT LTE ^

Phones
    Carriers
    Vodafone NZ / M1 (SIN)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by reuthermonkey View Post
    Illinois and Georgia are states with relatively good terrain that TMO for some reason doesn't have very good native OR roaming rural coverage.

That said, in Illinois they added rural (new, previously no roaming available) coverage in Griggsville, and Jacksonville. And in Northeast AR, they added a ton of towers in the Fayetteville and Bentonville area (previously covered, but not as extensive)
    I'm sure they consider their current roaming costs and potential customer revenues when deciding where to expend their limited capital budget on coverage extension.

There's probably a hint on potential customer revenues if even the roaming carrier does not provide coverage in an area.

Phone
    Motorola StarTAC, 1st gen iPhone 16GB
    Carrier
    Page Plus & KTC PACE Cellular
    Feedback Score
    I think T-mobile is lying about "New T-mobile Cell" on their coverage map. They "added" new cells in weak coverage areas in Louisiana and Texas months ago, but the new cells and their signal are nowhere to be found. Coverage under a Magenta T is as weak as its always been.

I notice that T-mobile has since removed the "New Cell" Magenta T's at the affected spots. Perhaps they never intended to upgrade these areas.

Phones
    Carriers
    Vodafone NZ / M1 (SIN)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by E_tron View Post
    I think T-mobile is lying about "New T-mobile Cell" on their coverage map. They "added" new cells in weak coverage areas in Louisiana and Texas months ago, but the new cells and their signal are nowhere to be found. Coverage under a Magenta T is as weak as its always been.

I notice that T-mobile has since removed the "New Cell" Magenta T's at the affected spots. Perhaps they never intended to upgrade these areas.
    I have sometimes found "phantom" new sites on their maps. Even if I checked back occasionally for a year or two nothing would appear.

I chalk it up to bureaucratic error, not trying to trick us. There would be no real value in that (I think).

I would also add that almost all new sites tend to disappear around 90 days after appearing.

Phone
    Motorola StarTAC, 1st gen iPhone 16GB
    Carrier
    Page Plus & KTC PACE Cellular
    Feedback Score
    yeah, your probably right. At least they removed the Magenta T's I'm speaking about.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast