Thread: Factory reset on the Intercept

Carriers
    Us Cellular
    Feedback Score

Factory reset on the Intercept

I have an Intercept that has alot of unresponsive keys along with other problems. I have about 12 apps i downloaded and not sure how to check my internal memory to see if that may be an issue.

If i was to do a factory reset, would that help out my problems or not?

If i would do a reset, i would have to figure out how to save all the apps that i paid for to reinstall later. I would definately only keep the ones i need, nothing more. Any links to some quick info i can find there?

Also is there an easy way to repopulate my contact list after a reset? I'm assuming i would lose all that info.

Thanks, Jerry.

Phone
    Triumph
    Carrier
    Virgin Mobile
    Feedback Score
    you can check your free space under setting>sd card & phone storage
    factory reset helps me in a lot of cases. some apps poorly written and i tested a lot of them thru the time, so factory reset is definitely a solution.
    i believe, you can reinstall any purchased apps, because they stay linked to your account. same thing applies to your contacts if you sync them with your google accounts.
    there are also few apps on the market that allow you to do back up.

Carrier
    Virgin Mobile
    Feedback Score
    If you got to contacts > menu > import/export you can back your contacts up to your SD card and then when you reset it do the same but instead import them back from the SD card.

Carriers
    Us Cellular
    Feedback Score
    There's plenty of free space left on the phone, so i cant see that causing any lag or unresponsive key problems.

Total space 1.84GB
    Available space 1.79GB
    Internal phone storage 70.31MB

If i was to export my contact list to the memory card, will the reset erase all content on the card? Or will i be better off taking the card out before the reset?

Carrier
    Virgin Mobile
    Feedback Score
    My Intercept has been acting strangely sinci I downloaded Minutes Checker from the market. I got rid of it but I am ready to do a complete reset to hopefully get things right again.

Feedback Score
    Intercept is not good, I tried and gave me lots of problems, I have the optimus now it works better!

Carrier
    Virgin Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by iowabucks View Post
    There's plenty of free space left on the phone, so i cant see that causing any lag or unresponsive key problems.

Total space 1.84GB
    Available space 1.79GB
    Internal phone storage 70.31MB

If i was to export my contact list to the memory card, will the reset erase all content on the card? Or will i be better off taking the card out before the reset?
    I'm 99% sure it doesn't wipe the card, but just to be safe take the card out, it won't hurt anything.

Carrier
    Virgin Mobile
    Feedback Score
    If you do a factory reset, does the phone have to be totally reprogrammed via Virgin Mobile's website and activation process?

Carrier
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    no

it wipes settings and /data to my knowledge

Carrier
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Yeah, your phone will still be activated but everything else will be wiped just like it was new, except the sd card.

Phones
    Motorola Triumph, LG Optimus V
    Motorola Triumph
    LG Optimus V
    Carrier
    Virgin Mobile USA
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    If you're phone's been rooted, do not factory reset from the Settings menu. DO NOT. Instead go into recovery mode and choose the option from there. I made that mistake with my Optimus and temporarily bricked the device.

Not sure if that holds true for the Intercept too but... Better safe than sorry. I know factory reset works just fine from Recovery on both.

Sent from my Jax using Tapatalk

Carrier
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by primetechv2 View Post
    If you're phone's been rooted, do not factory reset from the Settings menu. DO NOT. Instead go into recovery mode and choose the option from there. I made that mistake with my Optimus and temporarily bricked the device.

Not sure if that holds true for the Intercept too but... Better safe than sorry. I know factory reset works just fine from Recovery on both.

Sent from my Jax using Tapatalk
    Was your phone simply rooted or did you have a custom rom? Also, does resetting it from recovery get rid of root access?