Thread: siriusxm app

Phones
    LG Optimus V
    LG Optimus V
    Carrier
    Virgin Mobile
    Feedback Score

siriusxm app

it plays fine for 10 min then about every 3 min or so playing stops and a quick press of the power button to turn on screen resumes play..anyone else experience this? if so how can I fix it? pandora works great...
    thanks

Sent from my VM670 using Tapatalk

Carrier
    Virgin Mobile (Galaxy S5) Tracfone (Moto e) & AT&T (Asus Padfone X mini)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by noname21 View Post
    it plays fine for 10 min then about every 3 min or so playing stops and a quick press of the power button to turn on screen resumes play..anyone else experience this? if so how can I fix it?
    I've had the Sirius XM app since last summer, and this seems to be a problem that has no real solution...short of turning on the wifi provided you're stationary in a location with an accessible wifi signal.

My guess is that VM's data network is the main culprit here. I've found that if you run the app while sitting at a desk, or standing in the same spot, it's more reliable. However, if you're in a moving vehicle, don't expect very much uninterrupted listening time. Also, the audio bit rate drops and increases every couple minutes when you're in motion. That adds a whole new level of annoying to the listening experience.

Basically, Sirius XM is hardly listenable on a VM-powered phone in an automobile. Occasionally you can get lucky and have 20-30 minutes without any major outages. My overall experience with this app on Virgin Mobile's network while moving is not very satisfactory. Luckily, I have an XMp3i portable receiver with a car dock.

Phones
    LG Optimus V
    LG Optimus V
    Carrier
    Virgin Mobile
    Feedback Score
    thing is I listened for 3 hours while driving but just kept hitting the button over and over..

Carrier
    Feedback Score
    thing is I listened for 3 hours while driving but just kept hitting the button over and over..
    Are you talking about the "screen unlock button" that comes on when your backlight times out? Or, are you talking about the "play/pause button" that appears on the SiriusXm app when you have a station selected?

If you're hitting the play/pause button, that is basically the equivalent of restarting an audio stream connection. I've found that hitting that button will work sometimes if your data connection has dropped briefly. That is the main problem, however -- the data keeps dropping or changing the stream's bit rate.

Phones
    LG Optimus V
    LG Optimus V
    Carrier
    Virgin Mobile
    Feedback Score
    I hit the power button twice and it continues to play

Carrier
    Feedback Score
    I hit the power button twice and it continues to play
    Hmmmm. It sounds like a time-out issue not related to your data stream.

My problem is almost entirely related to data, because the app displays a "lost data connection" quite often when I'm in a moving vehicle.

Phones
    LG Optimus V
    LG Optimus V
    Carrier
    Virgin Mobile
    Feedback Score
    yes..a time out issue...how can I fix? I just sent a email to siriusxm..

Carrier
    Feedback Score
    yes..a time out issue...how can I fix? I just sent a email to siriusxm..
    If you go to Settings--> Display--> Screen Timeout, you can set that for a 30-minute interval. Your battery will drain quite a bit more, but it will extend the screen timeout period.

That's about the only suggestion I have. Good luck with the SiriusXM folks. I keep hoping they'll release a better version of it on Android Market soon. I'm not holding my breath, though.

Carrier
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    ya this sucks. howard stern did great promoting this damn thing but the bugs are horrendous. i seem to get a better stream if i'm using the wifi but even then it can still lag/pause. oh well. it's my first smartphone. hopefully whenever i upgrade to 4g and better os/processor it'll improve. oh and f-sirius.

Carrier
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    it plays fine for 10 min then about every 3 min or so playing stops and a quick press of the power button to turn on screen resumes play..anyone else experience this? if so how can I fix it? pandora works great...
    thanks

ok so i called siriusxm and they were able to reset the signal for my account. they also made me uninstall/reinstall the app. trying out now and so far so good. it cut off once when i was receiving an email so i figured I'd disable the auto-sync as well. so far so good. i'll re-post if this is a permanent fix. btw i'm on wi-fi and not 3g

Carrier
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    spoke too soon. sux.

Phone
    Iphone 5s
    Carrier
    At&t GoPhone(ME)/Cricket(GF)
    Feedback Score
    I use Slacker Radio or Tune in radio. Ive ran them for hours with no problems. The Sky Fm app is good too and iradio suite is powered by big r radio.. all good free apps.

Carrier
    Virgin Mobile
    Feedback Score
    If you listen in the car why not just get a cheap car charger, $5 at walmart, and then set the screen to not turn off when plugged in???

Feedback Score
    are you running JuiceDefender app by any chance? if yes then it kills the 3g connection once screen goes off

Phones
    LG Optimus V
    LG Optimus V
    Carrier
    Virgin Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by tiredofcontract View Post
    If you listen in the car why not just get a cheap car charger, $5 at walmart, and then set the screen to not turn off when plugged in???
    I can confirm that this does work. Instead of turning off it pauses every few minutes but then keeps going.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast