Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Iphone coming to US cellular!!!

Feedback Score

Iphone coming to US cellular!!!

So browsing thru some phone websites I came across this.... http://hubpages.com/hub/The-iPhone-4...TO-US-CELLULAR

Carrier
    US Cellular
    Feedback Score
    I will believe that when I see it...lol

Phone
    Motorola Electrify ICS
    Carrier
    US Cellular
    Feedback Score
    This article is the first I've heard of these so called rumors. I also will believe it when I see it.

Sent from my HTC Desire running Gingerbread

Feedback Score
    Is USCC getting 4G then? It seems that would be needed for the IPhone to use the 4G speeds right?

Carrier
    US Cellular
    Feedback Score
    First of all that article is poorly written and seems like someone wrote it in a hurry. Secondly if you want to take advantage of 4g speeds with the iphone, you would first need a 4g iphone, which didn't exist at the moment.

As with others I'll believe it when I see it, even though I could care less... But all the people that call it the iphone 4g or think that the iphone 4 is 4g capable just bc it has the #4 in the name has to be one of my biggest pet peeves at the moment

Sent from my HTC Desire CDMA using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    It was confirmed back in Nov that uscc will be 4g late 2011 early 2012.

Phone
    Galaxy Note 2 - Prior phones: HTC Hero S, 7 Pro, Desire, Touch Pro, several dumbphones
    Carrier
    US Cellular
    Feedback Score
    To me that sounds like nothing but pure speculation.

Carrier
    US Cellular
    Feedback Score
    Haha .

Phone
    Google Nexus 5
    Carrier
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by bringtherain View Post
    Is USCC getting 4G then? It seems that would be needed for the IPhone to use the 4G speeds right?
    The iPhone 4 is NOT a 4G phone. It's called iPhone 4 because it's the fourth iPhone.
    Google Nexus 5

Phones
    Wouldn't you like to know ;-)
    LG. Is there anything else??
    Wouldn't you like to know ;-)
    Carrier
    USCC
    Feedback Score
    Yeah I will be believe both when I see them..
    If my memory serves me correct they still have some areas that they haven't even got 3G in yet..

Phone
    Galaxy S5 White
    Carrier
    U.S. Cellular
    Feedback Score
    Maybe by the end of 2012 after the world has ended, but then who will you call? Everyone else will be using iPhone 6s by then.

Phones
    Samsung Caliber
    Samsung Caliber
    LG bliss
    Carrier
    US Cellular
    Feedback Score
    mid last year, I stopped at an Att store here to ask about an Iphone. My parents have them and love em.
    But we are in 2 different parts of the state.
    This Att store told me they didn't have them. But would be availble in fall (2010) Then told me I didn't wan't it anyway because we gone have 3 g here. Said I would have to go to Appleton fox valley or Madison.

Now to get e 4g phone would probably be completely useless.

Feedback Score
    I'm surprised that link didn't direct me to a Malware attack.

Phones
    Samsung G3 4.1.1 rooted
    Samsung G3 4.1.1 rooted
    HTC Hero (Daughter)
    Carrier
    US Cellular
    Feedback Score
    The Iphone (AT&T and Verizon) is not 4g internet capable, period. It's called the Iphone 4g because it's the 4th generation iphone.

It still uses 3g on AT&T and EVDO on Verizon, pretty sure it's not LTE compatible either, at least I haven't heard or read that anywhere yet. But even LTE isn't 4G internet.

It will work on USCC if they decide to get it, it's entirely up to them. You could theoretically buy the Verizon one and if you have a friend at USCC who can add an ESN to their database would be able to activate and use it. You would need to figure out the APN settings tho for MMS at least, but everything else should work. It's just a plain CDMA phone, so it would work.

I would see it as a phone that USCC should get, even if they don't necessary want to support it, just to help keep from bleeding customers to Verizon. The longer they wait tho, the less it will benefit them.

I wouldn't buy it, I'm very happy with my Ipod Touch 1st generation, does everything I want it to do, and I don't have to worry about holding it wrong, I much prefer my desire, which has the same amount of storage for music, I could actually sell my Ipod and I wouldn't miss it, just handy to leave it in my vehicle to work as a music player without having to keep plugging/unplugging my phone.

But, there are apple fanboys who would pay ETF's, etc just to buy the Iphone if it did come to USCC, so it's a smart move for them.

Anyway, that's just my 2 cents.

BTC
    BillThyCat
    Cell Phone user since 1995
    Owner of a Samsung G3 from USCC (Rooted) Freed up all those pesky USCC apps too
    - There are 10 kinds of people in this world, those who understand binary, and those who don't. -

Feedback Score
    article is complete BS. There was just a conference about new phones coming the next 2 quarters there was absolutely zero info about the iphone. Not one mention, nothing zero zip. If this site had inside info it'd have to be from VERY high up the chain as no one else knows anything about it.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast