Thread: Pantech caper

Feedback Score

Pantech caper

Anyone know anything about the new Caper prepaid phone from PCD Pantech and Verizon?
    I ordered a new one on ebay.
    http://www.pcdphones.com/our-devices.../137-txt8035pp

This is a link to the manufacture page.

Feedback Score
    i dont really know much about it had mine for like 4 days now and i love it seems to be a good lil phone but if anyone knows where to find a dang cover for it or skins i guess some would say please send me a message i am lookin all over line and cant find nothin i hopin i just not lookin good

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Destiny Foster View Post
    i dont really know much about it had mine for like 4 days now and i love it seems to be a good lil phone but if anyone knows where to find a dang cover for it or skins i guess some would say please send me a message i am lookin all over line and cant find nothin i hopin i just not lookin good
    Me too. I think it is because it is a really new model. It is just now being mentioned in yahoo search--like 2 or 3 places are selling it. Hopefully the faceplates and cases will start to show up soon.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by cellphonefreak View Post
    Me too. I think it is because it is a really new model. It is just now being mentioned in yahoo search--like 2 or 3 places are selling it. Hopefully the faceplates and cases will start to show up soon.
    Daydeal.com now has silicone covers in several colors for the Caper---it is under Pantech on the listing of the phones then down at the bottom of the page. Ebay also has some on there from daydeal.com.
    Last edited by cellphonefreak; 04-17-2011 at 01:47 PM.

Device(s)
    LG enV2 VX-9100
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Anyone have a review of this phone? Most interested in call quality, reception, and battery life.

Has anyone activated a caper on a postpaid account yet? Any advice?

Device(s)
    Moto Droid X
    Carrier(s)
    Carolina West
    Feedback Score
    bumping this thread.

just came across a pic of the pantech caper. it looks like a nice phone. resembles a blackberry i think. under the videos section for the pantech caper on phone arena, there is a review by cnet, only she keeps referring to it as the pantech slate. it looks slightly different. so maybe its the cdma version of the slate?? i would also like to know more about this phone and possibly activating it on a post paid plan.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by JoshMU View Post
    Anyone have a review of this phone? Most interested in call quality, reception, and battery life.

Has anyone activated a caper on a postpaid account yet? Any advice?
    The Caper is a prepaid phone and it it not the slate. I have one but I have not activated it yet.

Device(s)
    LG enV2 VX-9100
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by cellphonefreak View Post
    The Caper is a prepaid phone and it it not the slate. I have one but I have not activated it yet.
    I know that this phone is being sold as a prepaid phone. But I am thinking about activating it on a post paid plan, just wondering if there are any issues I should be aware of.

Once you activate it, let us know about the battery life, call quality, and reception! Let us know how you like it!

Device(s)
    LG enV2 VX-9100
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Any reviews? Anyone using this phone yet?

Feedback Score

yep

using it love it for messaging and playing games. haven't had the chance to check the call quality (no prepaid minutes)

battery life is good but if using mobile web it drains it in about 1- 1.5 hours

Feedback Score
    I bought one of those data cables for this phone, but it wants a driver when I plug it in. Can't find the driver anywhere, not on the pantech site, seller of the cable doesn't have a clue about it either. He says it should auto detect it, but apparently I need the driver.

Anyone know where to look?

Feedback Score

Pantech simple review

If you want a pretty sweet sking for the caper go to
    http://www.amazon.com/Skull-Rubberiz.../dp/B0051BUHJC
    Alright so i got the pantech caper just today and ive had time to analyze it. It was originally 79.98 but i got it on sale for 69.98 at a target. The phone itself is mad of a hard plastic that is pretty durable and light. The back cover is a bit flimsy though and may snap. But other than that its build is nice. The camera on it is a 1.3 megapixel camera and by no means a decent camera. U have to adjust the brightness everytime to get a somewhat clear photo or else u get this lil green mix of colors. The phone software itself lacks a lot of features in customization or personalization of the phone. You can't send saved sounds to other people which is inconvient but i found a great site to make free ringtones. www.myxer.com/make What i like about the phone is the messaging features. On the verizon network it is extremely fast and the organization of them by contacts makes it easier to read messages. My first verizon prepaid was a samsung intensity which took better pictures and had better features. THe pantech caper lacks a bunch of downloadable content that my intensity had for some reason. I Dont see why this should be so since they run on the same network. The most important thing to me is expandable memory so that i can load on my music. This phone, the pantech caper lacks both a micro sd slot and an mp3 player. So the only memory u have is the 128 megabytes of internal memory. ANother con. No music player. OVerall the phone is average and is great for everyday texting and calling but don't get this phone thinking ur getting some high classy knock off version of a blackberry. It is by no means the best but is great for its money's worth The battery life is very good. When i first got the phone it was half way full so i used it until it was completely dead then charged it all the way back up. This is know to improve the batter life which aparently it did for it lasted 2 and a half days before notifying me of a low battery. My friend called me from montana while im in virginia and the call quality is outstanding. He told me it was very windy outside where he was at but i could only hear the clear sound of his voice. The reception is great and the quality is even better for the price i currenty have my phone on the 0.99 daily plan with the 20$ unlimited messaging bundle -_- I will pry get a video review of it up sometime and will post up the link asap.

Feedback Score
    Does anyone know if this phone has file transfer capability via Bluetooth or USB?