watch it and see. it's not like you have to pay to view
    iPhone 6s | N-06C

Device(s)
    NEC Medias X (N-04E)
    Carrier(s)
    Docomo (Japan)
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    The level of 3D 'enablement' is different on the converted videos. I noticed that not everything is put in the right 3rd dimensional position for the converted videos so i guess thats one sign

Probably mentions something in the comments too

Device(s)
    Sharp 003SH
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    yea you are right, i noticed the real 3d videos from youtube start off split screen like you mentioned.

Device(s)
    NEC Medias X (N-04E)
    Carrier(s)
    Docomo (Japan)
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    The reason for that is that the name for the media file must start with [[3D]] for the 3D media player to recognise it as being 3D (and play it as such). When you convert a movie to 3D, it adds the suffix to the name automatically.

If you save/rename the youtube files before playing, they will start out as 3D too.

Has anyone found a decent movie-length 3D movie though? I dont want to download the 9GB avatar blueray rip just to try and reconvert it to something that will play on this phone (i have noticed that 200+mb files dont play so well in 3D)

Hmmm... I wonder if the guys behind Rockplayer would be interested in 3D enabling their media player. There will be quite a few Sharp phones with 3D displays soon (looking at the future models thread), so there is a market there i think!

Device(s)
    Aquos Zeta SH-01G
    Carrier(s)
    Mtel Bulgaria
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by tokyo_dom View Post
    Has anyone found a decent movie-length 3D movie though?
    Well, there is a Bulgarian torrent website (only accessible from Bulgaria) where there are dozens of full-length 3D films ... But I can't think of any way to make these available to you guys (unless you have a server that will host 3-4-5-10 GB videos
    Sharp mobile devices database & tips for Sharp smartphones: http://sharp.cheeseus.org
    Selling: Near mint Sharp SoftBank 005SH: SIM unlocked, permanent root, 16 GB microSD, leather case
    Selling: Sharp Aquos Phone 007SH – The Hybrid, SIM-unlocked, permanent root, 16 GB microSD, optimised.

Device(s)
    NEC Medias X (N-04E)
    Carrier(s)
    Docomo (Japan)
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Is it proper 3D, side-by-side format? Because alot of the 3D labelled files are just CG animations, which arent 3D at all. You will know if it is proper 3D because when you play it in a regular media player it will look like 2 images side by side squished up.

LoL i suppose we could do oldschool snailmail of a CD?

Device(s)
    Aquos Zeta SH-01G
    Carrier(s)
    Mtel Bulgaria
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by tokyo_dom View Post
    Is it proper 3D, side-by-side format? Because alot of the 3D labelled files are just CG animations, which arent 3D at all. You will know if it is proper 3D because when you play it in a regular media player it will look like 2 images side by side squished up.

LoL i suppose we could do oldschool snailmail of a CD?
    Well, here's what it says in the film details, quote: "SBS (Side by Side) 3D, you need a 3D TV and Active Shutter glasses or video graphics adaptop supporting 3D and a 3D monitor. You can't watch it using "paper glasses", not can you watch it on a standard TV/Monitor."

Right now I am downloading "Magic Forest 3D" (Magic Forest 3D Half-SBS 2010 1080p Bluray DTS x264-3d4u.torrent) and it says in BIG CAPS underneath on the Blueray disk cover "Only plays in 3D". I don't think I'll be able to play it but I don't mid downloading and then deleting --- 5.31 GB at 7-8 mb/s doesn't take that long

Here's a screenshot of the 1st page of results for "3D":
    Name:  3Dtorrents.jpg
Views: 776
Size:  210.7 KB

And here's a screenshot from the film:
    Name:  3d_vid.gif
Views: 664
Size:  120.0 KB
    Last edited by cheeseus; 04-18-2011 at 06:13 AM.

Carrier(s)
    Telstra Mobile
    Feedback Score
    How does 2 images side by side made it 3D? We had a channel here in Australia which did the same thing to trial 3D but I wasn't sure what glasses/equipment to view it in. I'm used to the blurry picture in the cinemas and you put on the sunglasses type 3D glasses to view 3D.
    The Sheep Butler at your service
    Currently using: iPhone 4S

Previous phones: 3210.3200.X430.V200.K750i.RAZR V3i.5300 XpressMusic.N73.W910i.iPhone 3G.W595.E71.SH-07B.iPhone 4S.iPhone 5.Note II.XPERIA Z.XPERIA Z1.Note 3.F-02D.XPERIA Z2.LG G3.XPERIA Z3

Device(s)
    NEC Medias X (N-04E)
    Carrier(s)
    Docomo (Japan)
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Cheeseus, thats exactly what i am looking for

Qwerty1235, basically the side by side images are what the left and right eyes see in the 3D image. If you cross your eyes so that you see 3 images, then focus on the middle one, you can see a 3D image (dont do it for too long, thats guaranteed to give you a headache)

When played on a 3D capable device, its 3D processing engine just takes the image, splits it in the middle and then uses the 3D mechanism (paralax barrier in the case of the Smart Phones/3DS) to ensure that the left image only gets seen by the left eye, and the right image only gets seen by the right eye. For Paralax Barrier, the left and right images are shown one horizontal line at a time, which is why the horizontal resolution is only half of the actual pixels on the scren

In the case of active-shutter 3D TVs (99% of the ones out there), it will take the left side of the image, and display it for a fraction of a second, then display the right side of the image for a fraction of a second and so on. The glasses have shutters on the left/right eyes to make sure you can only see the relevant image with the correct eye.

Actually, Side By Side 3D video is just one format, you could also have top/bottom, or frame by frame, but SBS is the most common, and supported on our devices

Device(s)
    NEC Medias X (N-04E)
    Carrier(s)
    Docomo (Japan)
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Ok heres another tip for 005SH users:

The 3D Osusume app lists some 3D sample movies that you can watch (green hornet screener and some Japanese vids), but if you look on the SD card in explorer you can see that there is another movie on the factory shipped SD card that doesnt appear in the 3D osusume menu: Biohazard Degenerations. Unfortunately it is encrypted on the SD card, so it was annoying me that i couldnt play this 1gb file/ 96minute movie!

Well it is available, from the Music/Videos app (first screen of the menu, i only know it as the Japanese app name 音楽・動画), select the "recommended movies" from the list of videos, and there it is!

P.S. This tip is only needed for 005SH users - 003SH users have this video available from the 3D Osusume menu.

Carrier(s)
    DOCOMO
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    You can watch these by going cross eyed btw

Device(s)
    Aquos Zeta SH-01G
    Carrier(s)
    Mtel Bulgaria
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    The problem with the 003SH / 005SH not being able to play 3D videos directly off YouTube is resolved once you upgrade to Android 2.3.4. Unfortunately, you will need to send your phone to Japan to have this upgrade installed.

For those of you who can't or haven't performed the upgrade, here are links to some 3D videos I downloaded off YouTube that you can upload to your phone and enjoy 3D:

http://www.mediafire.com/?3l2bpni9tt1n4dk

http://www.mediafire.com/?hgaj85q2lebj9y2

http://www.mediafire.com/?qc0uopsromwormi

http://www.mediafire.com/?ifouvnk3bjxt57q
    Last edited by cheeseus; 12-21-2011 at 05:05 AM.

Feedback Score
    Is there any 2Dto3D convertor?

Device(s)
    NEC Medias X (N-04E)
    Carrier(s)
    Docomo (Japan)
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Yes, the stock video player app has an option to change a 2D video into 3D, its not perfect, but better than nothing. No idea how that works though!

Device(s)
    Aquos Zeta SH-01G
    Carrier(s)
    Mtel Bulgaria
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Can anyone with a newer 3D phone say if their built-in 3D player opens files larger than 200 MB?

And then, if larger files can be opened, could you please copy the APK (located in System\App) and upload it somewhere for me to try and install it on the 005SH?

By the way, I've got Pirates of the Caribbean - On Stanger Tides 3D as one MP4 file (2 GB). If anyone wants that, let me know where I can host it.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast