Thread: 3D tips for those with 3D smartphones

Device(s)
    Aquos Zeta SH-01G
    Carrier(s)
    Mtel Bulgaria
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by cheeseus View Post
    Can anyone with a newer 3D phone say if their built-in 3D player opens files larger than 200 MB?

And then, if larger files can be opened, could you please copy the APK (located in System\App) and upload it somewhere for me to try and install it on the 005SH?

By the way, I've got Pirates of the Caribbean - On Stanger Tides 3D as one MP4 file (2 GB). If anyone wants that, let me know where I can host it.
    EDIT: Just copied the entire film (Pirates...) to my phone (it took almost an hour over wi-fi) BUT THE GOOD NEWS IS IT'S PLAYING! So, there's no limit on the size of 3D files the phone can play!
    Sharp mobile devices database & tips for Sharp smartphones: http://sharp.cheeseus.org
    Selling: Near mint Sharp SoftBank 005SH: SIM unlocked, permanent root, 16 GB microSD, leather case
    Selling: Sharp Aquos Phone 007SH – The Hybrid, SIM-unlocked, permanent root, 16 GB microSD, optimised.

Device(s)
    T-Mobile G2
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I was wondering, how are these sample videos handled on our phones? Do you have to redownload a license when switching microsd cards or something? Reason I'm asking is because I noticed that the sample videos don't work on my phone anymore, depite the files being on there.

Device(s)
    Aquos Zeta SH-01G
    Carrier(s)
    Mtel Bulgaria
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by disrockerdude View Post
    I was wondering, how are these sample videos handled on our phones? Do you have to redownload a license when switching microsd cards or something? Reason I'm asking is because I noticed that the sample videos don't work on my phone anymore, depite the files being on there.
    So, you've inserted a new microSD and they don't work?

There might be something like that... I've noticed that the files are not your standard .3GP files - they are in this .3GPC format. No idea what the "C" stands for, could be "Cryptic/Crypted". No infor on the web about such a file format so I'm guessing it's something Sharp cooked.

Another thing I discovered is that the files are still there after perform a full data wipe. I actually only found these files after performing the data reset, LOL.

Device(s)
    T-Mobile G2
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    No I didnt. I believe it is still the stock microsd card. My phone got repaired though so that may have to do with something. The extra vids like Shrek and Battle Royale simply spit out a "cannot be played" from the 3d menu.

Device(s)
    NEC Medias X (N-04E)
    Carrier(s)
    Docomo (Japan)
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Exclamation

I believe that for your phone they told me that they did a full board replacement. Perhaps the decryption is linked to the CPU Serial or something? But that doesnt make sense, because Cheeseus had the exact same repair done on his phone...

Anyway, i found something VERY cool the other day
    https://market.android.com/details?i...d.stereoswitch

This is a tiny app that does one thing only: Makes a widget available to switch on/off 3D mode in OTHER home screens. Yes, thats right, you can now have 3D in Go Launcher EX, or other faster, more customizable launchers!! (this was to me the only reason one would stay with the stock launcher)

To use it is simple, download and install. There is no launcher icon, no settings, nothing. But then you long-press on the desktop and add a new widget, and it will be there (first one too - since the name starts with a '3'). On clicking this it will change the desktop to 3D.

I had to press it a few times to get it to work properly the first time, but after that its fine. It also seems to lose the 3D mode when coming back from screen lock in portrait mode on the 005SH. This doesnt happen in landscape mode (keyboard out), and, if you come back from lock in portrait, flick the keyboard out and back (switch to landscape for a brief second) it turns it on for portrait too.

Device(s)
    Aquos Zeta SH-01G
    Carrier(s)
    Mtel Bulgaria
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    More good news about 3D films!

I've found out that the 005SH player has no problems playing full length films - after "Pirates of the Caribbean In Stranger Tides", I have just successfully converted "Immortals" (starring Mickey Rourke) and have started watching it on the phone. For the 005SH, the maxumim supported resolution is 1280 x 720, meaning you may need to downsample if you've got Full HD films.

I haven't encountered a file size limitation - "Immortals" is just 900 MB but the "Pirates" is 1.9 GB. At the moment I am converting "The Adventures of Tin Tin" - 9.5 GB into... well, don't know yet.

OJO Soft Video Converter does a great job!

Device(s)
    Aquos Zeta SH-01G
    Carrier(s)
    Mtel Bulgaria
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Update: I now watch 3D movies on my phone almost every day when going to and coming back from work - the bus ride is about 25 minutes

If interested, you can PM me and I will send you torrent files that I've created myself (I don't upload them anywhere) to the 3D files I have created or, rarely, downloaded from somewhere. We experiemented and the download speed 1:1 Bulgaria-Japan was about 100-150 kb/s. All files are in the 1.0 - 2.0 GB range.

The following are currently available:
    1. Pirates of the Caribbean - on Stranger Tides
    2. Avatar
    3. Ice Age - the Dawn of the Dinosaurs
    4. The Adventures of Tintin
    5. Immortals (2011)
    6. The Smurfs
    7. Step Up (2010) (*processing)
    8. The Three Musketeers (2011) (*processing)

Device(s)
    Aquos Zeta SH-01G
    Carrier(s)
    Mtel Bulgaria
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    DVDFab has a 2D to 3D converter. Tested, works great to make your own 3D videos

Device(s)
    Aquos Zeta SH-01G
    Carrier(s)
    Mtel Bulgaria
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Tested the 2D-3D switch home screen widget - found a bug, which the developer seems to be aware of but hasn't managed to fix it since December 2011: When in 3D, after the screen turns off and then on again, the display is back to 2D but the widget "thinks" it's in 3D.

And another problem I found is related to using your own image for the switch. I extracted the original PNGs from the Home screen app on my 005SH and used them in this widget but the image is distorted:

Name:  2D-3D_problem.png
Views: 317
Size:  43.2 KB

I was also thinking of trying to set the images from the 005SH as the default image set in this widget - by editing the files in the APK and then hopefully managing to recompile it - but I can't even find where it is installed!

EDIT: there is NO problem with the image - it's my fault. I had forgotten I had ticked the "show text" option. Unticked it and all is fine. The first, and major problem remains though.
    Last edited by cheeseus; 05-13-2012 at 12:52 PM.

Device(s)
    NEC Medias X (N-04E)
    Carrier(s)
    Docomo (Japan)
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Yeah the 3D from sleep is a bug. Its a problem with memory apparently, and he was supposed to fix it in a later version.

The workaround (for me) is to flick open the keyboard (switch to horizontal layout) for a split-second, and back again. For some reason the 3D from sleep issue doesnt happen on horizontal mode.

Please post up those images you are using btw, they do look better!

Device(s)
    Aquos Zeta SH-01G
    Carrier(s)
    Mtel Bulgaria
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by tokyo_dom View Post
    Yeah the 3D from sleep is a bug. Its a problem with memory apparently, and he was supposed to fix it in a later version.

The workaround (for me) is to flick open the keyboard (switch to horizontal layout) for a split-second, and back again. For some reason the 3D from sleep issue doesnt happen on horizontal mode.

Please post up those images you are using btw, they do look better!
    Hm... I tried the following: 1. Switch to 3D, 2. Shut screen off, 3. Quickly open and close keyboard, but still the same bug...

On his site I saw that the last version of the app was released in November 2011. Perhaps this means we shouldn't be expecting any further development...

Images attached!
    2D3D_buttons.zip

Feedback Score
    Hmmm... Am I right to say that the stock MicroSD card does not contain those sample 3D videos? (Mine came without it...)

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3