Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Can't Make Any Calls When Roaming?

Carrier
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score

Can't Make Any Calls When Roaming?

Is it just me or does metro not allow you to make any calls when it switches over to roaming. This happens more then half the time for me in which there is no metro service in the area and it switches over to a verizon tower which doesn't allow the call to go through.. I've updated the prl and still have this problem.

Feedback Score
    You have to turn off automatic roaming and set up for metropcs only... And you have to have PRL 3015. Let me know if it worked.

Phones
    iphone 5 32GB
    Apple iPhone 5 32GB
    Carrier
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    Welcome to prepaid! Metro keeps cost so low they don't have roaming agreement with vzw..

Sent from my iPhone using HowardForums app

Phone
    LG Connect
    Carrier
    MetroPCS
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by leakforyou View Post
    You have to turn off automatic roaming and set up for metropcs only... And you have to have PRL 3015. Let me know if it worked.
    Actually I think they are up to PRL 3017 by now. But yeah, if you leave it on "home only" your phone won't switch due to a weak signal.

Quote Originally Posted by njzfinest101 View Post
    Welcome to prepaid! Metro keeps cost so low they don't have roaming agreement with vzw..

Sent from my iPhone using HowardForums app
    In areas where there is no Metro signal at all, even where there is no SPrint roaming your phone goes to Travel Talk. When your phone is on Travel Talk (AKA roaming) it costs $0.19 per minute so you have to have money in your travel talk account to be able to make calls.

Carrier
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by leakforyou View Post
    I did it and it works, except now I'm just getting a no signal in most areas a good portion of the time. Might have to contemplate switching back to verizon.

Phone
    LG Connect
    Carrier
    MetroPCS
    Feedback Score
    What area are you in? And did you update your PRL to the latest?

Phones
    samsung SCH-i220
    apple iPhone
    Carriers
    metropcs
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by wagonis View Post
    How about this way? I was in the San Antonio area (Sprint SID of 4181) last weekend with a 2-day old preferred roaming list of 3018. Could not make any call that was outside of the South Texas area, could receive any call and could send/receive text. I called lack-of-customer service 4 times that weekend trying to find out why the Sprint/MetroPCS agreement for extended home area does not allow long-distance calls.

I spent several hours with customer service and was constantly asked about did I do a *228 before leaving the MetroPCS south florida area (SID 4815), did I have money in my MetroConnect account, did I enable roaming, etc. The extreme low was when the customer service agent said she did not know what a preferred roaming list was, and did not know what the current one was.

Be very cautious when thinking that your "extended home area" includes non-local calls when in the recently agreed to Sprint SIDs rather than the former Cricket or etc. You will be very disappointed. In fact that reminds me I need to call lack-of-customer service again to make sure they lose money on my account this month.
    paul k. sanchez

Phone
    LG Connect
    Carrier
    MetroPCS
    Feedback Score
    I just flew through Austin which is also in the extended coverage area and is just north east of San Antonio and I had perfect coverage during my layover and this was still with the older 3015 PRL. I was able to receive calls, make calls, data, etc, etc...

Carriers
    At&t
    Feedback Score
    austin is a cricket market though.

Sent from my SGH-I897
    At&t SGS III Belton/Nolanville, TX

Carriers
    MetroPCS
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Actually I think they are up to PRL 3017 by now. But yeah, if you leave it on "home only" your phone won't switch due to a weak signal.
    PRL 3018 on my end since two weeks ago......

Carrier
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Boston. And yes I did upgrade my PRL.

Phones
    Nokia 6265i sold for too much money :)
    LG Optimus M
    Motorola V325
    Carriers
    MetroPCS
    Feedback Score
    do you have money in your account? also, don't do home/metro only. set it to automatic.
    Poma Computers Facebook Page

BTM and Bangin Magazines

Hanging out at a photo shoot. Yes, the screen name really does say it all.

Phones
    samsung SCH-i220
    apple iPhone
    Carriers
    metropcs
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by allmanallpimp View Post
    do you have money in your account? also, don't do home/metro only. set it to automatic.
    If I set it to automatic (which I did), I would then be using a non-MetroPCS extended home area SID and would be happy to pay $0.19/minute. The issue of course is that the "preferred" roaming list means it uses the Sprint SID of 4181 first, therefore I could not fracking use Verizon roaming to make the outgoing call.

If MetroPCS wants to charge me $0.19/minute to use a Verizon SID that is fine & dandy. Don't fracking make my phone use the Sprint SID of 4181 and not fracking let me make a non-local call in the fracking first place.

And yes I fracking had $40 in my Metroconnect account, about $38 more that what is required.

And the fracking horse that MetroPCS rides on.

Feedback Score
    Dam same thing is happening to me since I got the new prl 3018 no more sprint. I'm going to try to load my old prl 3015.

Sent via the HowardForums Android app

Carrier
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by allmanallpimp View Post
    I pay the $40 metro plan and that's it. It was set on automatic and 90% percent of the time it switched to roaming in which I couldn't make calls. Automatic doesn't work for me.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast