Thread: Question on adding an airtime card/pin before the 30 day expiration of previous card.

Phone
    LG Optimus V
    Carrier
    Virgin Mobile
    Feedback Score

Question Question on adding an airtime card/pin before the 30 day expiration of previous card.

Hello,

I am going to be porting my number from Page Plus to Straight Talk. I have a question regarding adding an airtime card/pin "before" the expiration date of the previous card/pin.

Lets say "for example" I add another $45.00 card to my Straight Talk account when I was only 20 days into my previous $45.00 airtime card. Would I loose the remaining 10 days on the previous card or would the 2nd airtime card start after the 1st airtime card expires. Thank You.

Feedback Score
    Have no fear! Simply add the new card online to your account and it will automatically start at the end or expiration of your old card with no lost days. Actually you want to do this early to avoid a phone shut off when your old card runs out as they are quick to do this.

Carrier
    Strayed Talk
    Feedback Score
    If you just add it you'll lost the 10 days and begin a new 30.

But if you choose the "stack" option then the 2nd one will pick up after the 1st expires.

►►► U.S. Ranks Dead Last In Overall Social Spending (Read the comments section too!)

►►► The Scam Behind The Rise In Oil And Food Prices

THINK for yourself!
    QUESTION authority!
    Realize that ALL governments LIE!
    Don't be one of the sheeple!

Phone
    LG Optimus V
    Carrier
    Virgin Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Kmarkg View Post
    Have no fear! Simply add the new card online to your account and it will automatically start at the end or expiration of your old card with no lost days. Actually you want to do this early to avoid a phone shut off when your old card runs out as they are quick to do this.
    Thanks for the reply. So Straight Talk has stackable airtime. Terrific!

Phone
    LG Optimus V
    Carrier
    Virgin Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack_Indabaux View Post
    If you just add it you'll lost the 10 days and begin a new 30.

But if you choose the "stack" option then the 2nd one will pick up after the 1st expires.
    So to not loose the remaining 10 days I have to choose the "stack option". I would need to set up a Straight Talk online account then. Is this correct?

Carrier
    Straight Talk
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by JOET1966 View Post
    So to not loose the remaining 10 days I have to choose the "stack option". I would need to set up a Straight Talk online account then. Is this correct?
    Yes log into your account. Just be sure to put the new card in your "reserve" otherwise you'll lose any remaining time on your current month. I've used the reserve the last three months, it works great.

Sent from my iPhone 3GS using HowardForums app

Carriers
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score

Carrier
    Strayed Talk
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by JOET1966 View Post
    I would need to set up a Straight Talk online account then. Is this correct?
    Yes. By the way, please don't confuse creating an online account with enrolling in auto-refill. All you need to do in order to be able to stack cards is create your online account. Then you can stack (or add) PIN cards.

Personally, I'd never even think of enrolling in auto-refill (but that is a matter of opinion). That is a different subject all together, and there are at least a couple of other threads dealing with the pros & cons of auto-refill.