Page 1 of 101 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 51 ... LastLast

Thread: Motorola's new Droid Bionic (Targa) pre-release thread - Part 1

Phones
    Moto X Developer
    On my 24th Motorola phone now. Too many to count.
    Carrier
    Verizon
    Feedback Score

Motorola's new Droid Bionic (Targa) pre-release thread - Part 1

LTE Tegra chip is all we know so far.
    Target ship date - Christmas 2011
    Last edited by wnrussell; 03-15-2011 at 08:52 AM. Reason: Updated some chip and ship info.

Feedback Score
    Why no, no we haven't wnrussell, why don't you fill us in.

Thanks for the pics. This looks like a seriously worthy successor to the Droid X style wise, spec wise too?? Rumored Summer release hopeful?!?!(merely me wishing)

Phones
    Samsung A950
    verizon Voyager
    G Zone Boulder
    Carrier
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    looks interesting? DroidX upgrade or this for another carrier?

Sent via the HowardForums Android app

Phones
    LG Clout, Moto DROID Bionic, DROID RAZR, Galaxy Nexus, Rezound, V9m, VX8000
    Motorola StarTac ST7868W (no longer used)
    Carrier
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    After enhancing the image some, does the area by the camera say 13MP / AF ?

My guess is that since the Bionic would be out first, then the Droid X2 and Droid 3, that this "Targa" would be a fall/christmass release?
    Hopefully it will have the qHD display and dual-core, I see the 2nd camera on top, also has the capacitive buttons across the bottom, HDMI on the side.
    The date on the front says 01-18-2010. Has Motorola been working on this thing for that long?
    => Read my reviews for the Motorola DROID MAXX, DROID Ultra, and DROID Mini.

=> VX8000 at Disney World:Part 1, Part 2, Part 3, Part 4.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by FAUguy View Post
    After enhancing the image some, does the area by the camera say 13MP / AF ?
    My guess is that since the Bionic would be out first, then the Droid X2 and Droid 3, that this "Targa" would be a fall/christmass release?
    Hopefully it will have the qHD display and dual-core, I see the 2nd camera on top, also has the capacitive buttons across the bottom, HDMI on the side.
    The date on the front says 01-18-2010. Has Motorola been working on this thing for that long?
    I'm calling "fake" on this.
    1. The micro-USB port is upside down. Also, the left and right photos are exact mirror images except with the ports added onto the far-left copy.
    2. There is a poorly Photoshopped-out "with Google" in the top-left corner of the back. That contradicts the skin on the device.
    3. The Verizon 4G logo is wrong because it does not include the LTE on the side. (Logo from Bionic added for comparison. Note proportion issues, too.)
    4. Unless the picture was taken on a very uneven surface, the right-most photo shows the phone as lop-sided.
    5. The harsh black line cutting off the Verizon Wireless logo on the front of the phone isn't caused by anything in the environment.

Maybe this is what they wanted the DROID X to be? Who knows. But it can't be real.

Last edited by Andy Garber; 03-15-2011 at 03:21 AM. Reason: Updated the list of things wrong with image and included a picture.

Phones
    Motorola MB810
    BB 9530
    LG VX10000
    Carrier
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Looks like the front left hand corner was blacked out on purpose. Could it be the vanilla android device from Motorola. Could have the stock android buttons and be blurless BC blur phones have a different icon for menu button. Just speculating lol.

Phones
    Moto X Developer
    Carrier
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy Garber View Post
    I'm calling "fake" on this.
    You should research my prior posts before calling that. Sometimes I get the name wrong but never fake. I posted the first pics on the Droid and Xoom also.

Shadow (Droid) : http://www.engadget.com/2010/05/25/m...een-8mp-camer/

Xoom: http://www.howardforums.com/showthre...otorola-Tablet
    Last edited by wnrussell; 03-15-2011 at 08:10 AM. Reason: Added links

Feedback Score
    Andy Garber, We should totally believe you, with having all of 1 post, joining March 2011, and giving your credentials!!!

Thanks for calling one of HF most well known "persons in the know" out like that. Go Fly a kite.

I don't see the micro usb being upside down, when it matches the mini hdmi right above it. The logos, maybe this is a prototype, and maybe the "logo" with verizon wasn't finalized yet, but still put it on there for testing purposes. Didn't think of that with all those detective skills you have...

Phone
    Droid X
    Carrier
    Big Red
    Feedback Score
    This... looks good. I dare say bit more intrigued about this than the X2 now. The styling seems nice and has touch buttons. What's up with that camera hood though? I am assuming/hoping that its there to fit a better sensor? Venturing a guess to say this will be out later in the year?

Phones
    Droid running Chevyno1's ROM & OC'd to 1.1Ghz
    USA made Moto Napoleon A4500 in Brown
    Moto Devour (looking to be sold)
    Carrier
    VZW
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by wnrussell View Post
    You should research my prior posts before calling that. Sometimes I get the name wrong but never fake. I posted the first pics on the Droid and Xoom also.

Shadow (Droid) : http://www.engadget.com/2010/05/25/m...een-8mp-camer/

Xoom: http://www.howardforums.com/showthre...otorola-Tablet
    Agreed, and I'll second the fact this pics are not fake. the device is real and will come in due time. Personally out of the 3 device I just saw recently this is the one I like the best. Better looking then the Bionic even IMO. Far as I'm concerned they can keep there D3 & X2 nothing worth while in the updates

Carrier
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Is the quad core chip speculation?

Carrier
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Why is the micro usb upside down when it's the same layout as the Droid X?

Sounds like he just created an account just to make that 1 post.

Anyways, I looked at the camera a little closer and it looks more like it's 8MP instead of 13MP.

Phones
    Moto X Developer
    Carrier
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ronaldheld View Post
    Is the quad core chip speculation?
    At this point, I have to say yes.

Phone
    Galaxy Nexus
    Carrier
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    I would imagine that any information regarding the specs at this point would be mostly speculation seeing as they are hoping to release it by the end of the year. I don't know much about manufacturing cell phones, but I'm thinking there's a good chance parts of the phone (external or internal) could change by the time it's released. Maybe I'm wrong and Motorola already know exactly what is going to be in this phone though. Who knows. Either way, it's exciting to hear about more LTE phones coming into play.

Phone
    LTE Galaxy Nexus (Droid RAZR > Dinc2 > OG DROID > HTC Imagio > HTC Touch > Moto RAZR)
    Carrier
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    I believe this is the phone I'm waiting for. Especially if it has vanilla Android.
    Smartphone Addict.

Page 1 of 101 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 51 ... LastLast