Thread: area coverage use? Verizon vs AT&T

Feedback Score

Unhappy area coverage use? Verizon vs AT&T

So I only want to use verizon as my carrier as AT&T will not work in my home.
    But AT&T is the service straight talk hooks me up with using my zip code.
    Can I use a zip code for a known verizon area if it's not the area I will be in? For example if I live in Orleans, Vermont can I use a zip code from Littleton, New Hampshire? Will that work?
    My friends got their phones from NH and they work in my house and my brother uses a verizon carrier and his phone works in my house.
    AT&T DOES NOT WORK in my home and most of the Orleans County area so why would straight talk use them instead of verizon? Verizon works in most of these areas so why don't the phones set up automatically with verizon instead of AT&T?
    Sorry for the rant it's just very frustrating paying for a phone I can't even use!

Los Angeles - San Diego, CA / St. Albans, VT
    Phones
    RIM BlackBerry Q10
    Apple iPhone 5S
    Samsung Galaxy S4
    Carriers
    Pacific Bell Wireless / T-Mobile USA / MetroPCS
    Telcel MX
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by katz1
    Can I use a zip code for a known verizon area if it's not the area I will be in? For example if I live in Orleans, Vermont can I use a zip code from Littleton, New Hampshire? Will that work? My friends got their phones from NH and they work in my house and my brother uses a verizon carrier and his phone works in my house.
    Probably not, StriaghtTalk has agreements to use AT&T and Verizon Wireless in specific areas. The question that remains, do your friends from NH use their StriaghtTalk service in your place in VT? If it works then chances you could do the same, though you would end up with the 603 area code, instead of the 802 area code.

AT&T DOES NOT WORK in my home and most of the Orleans County area so why would straight talk use them instead of verizon? Verizon works in most of these areas so why don't the phones set up automatically with verizon instead of AT&T?
    Maybe because AT&T was able to offer them lower per minute/connection rates as opposed to what Verizon Wireless was willing to offer.

Yeah, AT&T generally sucks in the NEK and in Nor NH/The White Mountains area anyways.
    I have done some visiting in the area and I have found that AT&T isn't strong in Orleans Co as it is in Frankilin Co. While still not perfect, most of Franklin Co is a little bit better than Orleans Co for AT&T.