Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Alltel transition... Got the Aria Free, but i want the INSPIRE!!!

Device(s)
    Razr V9M
    Feedback Score

Alltel transition... Got the Aria Free, but i want the INSPIRE!!!

I live in SD, and i have received both of my Free Aria's..... Since then the Inspire has come out and i want that phone!

(ALSO DO NOT WANT TO LOSE MY UNLIMITED DATA ON EXISTING PLAN)

Any help would be appreciated

Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    When does your contract end? Keep the Aria for 30 days or until your contract ends (whichever is longer), then upgrade...

Carrier(s)
    Alltel
    Feedback Score
    If he does that is he still able to keep his unlimited alltel plan?

Device(s)
    HTC Aria
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Yep you can renew your existing Alltel contract as long as you stay in the same class of phone once your old contract is over.

Device(s)
    Razr V9M
    Feedback Score
    My contract is up JULY 27th ! That might work pretty good

AS long as I can keep unlimited at this point I would be happy... Beats spending $450.00 on ebay since I would be buying two of them for my plan.

Device(s)
    HTC Inspire 4G
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    I got the Aria for free when I transitioned and was upgrade eligible when the Inspire came out. I ordered it from the AT&T website and didn't have to change my plan or anything. When the Inspire came I was instructed to put in the new SIM card that came with the phone. When I did this and activated the phone with the new SIM card it deactivated my SIM from my Aria. I quickly noticed that I was not able to get any wireless data with my new SIM in the Inspire and when calling customer service they told me that I would have to get the 200 MB or 2 GB plan from AT&T and I could not have my old Alltel unlimited data. I mean I didn't really mind about the unlimited data because I use WiFi a lot and never go over the 2 GB, but with my Alltel plan I was paying $20 a month for unlimited data and with the 2 GB plan I would be paying $25. I think that my problem was when I activated the new SIM that came with the Inspire instead of putting my SIM from my Aria into my Inspire. But I was told to do so by AT&T customer service because of the Inspire being a 4G phone and something to do with the towers.

If you do get an Inspire with still having your Alltel contract, try swapping SIM's before activating the new SIM to see if you can get your data with your old SIM. If you can do that then you will probably be able to keep your unlimited data.

Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    When you upgrade or change to a phone not on the pre-approved list, then AT&T rates apply. That included data and messaging charges on lines.
    SSID: Linksys - Free Internet since 802.11b

I remember when I was excited about my first bag phone, 3 watts, no battery, but it did have a CLA. Makes me feel old that the first phone most people here had was a Nokia 5xxx.

Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Not strictly true according to Clay, there are upgrades that don't require a plan change...

Carrier(s)
    AT&T former Alltel Blue (WWC)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by krisguy View Post
    When you upgrade or change to a phone not on the pre-approved list, then AT&T rates apply. That included data and messaging charges on lines.
    This is true for upgrades outside of the pre-select devices while you are 30 days or less post transition. Once you hit day 31 you can upgrade to other devices and not necessarily be required to change the plan. iPhones are the only specific case that require that you switch to an AT&T plan. The jury is still out on "4G" devices like the Inspire and Atrix.

Device(s)
    Razr V9M
    Feedback Score
    Let me know what the jury finds out!

Carrier(s)
    AT&T (divested Alltel)
    Feedback Score
    Well for what its worth, I called both the AT&T helpline and talked with those in my local store and both told me I'd need a new plan as its a "4G" device and that I could not keep my unlimited data plan (although the AT&T rep said all the other perks would remain on my plan). Were they correct or in the wrong? I'm currently getting the Captivate but figured I'd ask and see what everyone else thinks.

Feedback Score
    What is AT&T's policy on unlocked phones? Like the new Nexus S with AT&T bands? Can you keep your old unlimited data plan?

Device(s)
    HTC Inspire 4G
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Pedro Rampolla View Post
    Well for what its worth, I called both the AT&T helpline and talked with those in my local store and both told me I'd need a new plan as its a "4G" device and that I could not keep my unlimited data plan (although the AT&T rep said all the other perks would remain on my plan). Were they correct or in the wrong? I'm currently getting the Captivate but figured I'd ask and see what everyone else thinks.
    From my experience I was allowed to keep my voice plan after I was forced to switch to an AT&T data plan. However, after some figuring it was about as cheap to switch to the AT&T 1400 minute plan and get the unlimited calling to any wireless number. I could have got the 700 minute plan for quite a bit cheaper than what I was paying with AT&T after being forced off of the Alltel data plan, but my wife calls quite a few landlines frequently so we had to have the A-List feature.

Device(s)
    HTC Touch Pro "Rahael", HTC Aria
    Carrier(s)
    Alltel (Before Merger), AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Clay™ View Post
    This is true for upgrades outside of the pre-select devices while you are 30 days or less post transition. Once you hit day 31 you can upgrade to other devices and not necessarily be required to change the plan. iPhones are the only specific case that require that you switch to an AT&T plan. The jury is still out on "4G" devices like the Inspire and Atrix.
    Is the jury in yet? I chatted w/AT&T online last night and was told I could upgrade to the Inspire or the Atrix and keep my plan as is (Unlimited Data from Alltel grandfathered w/the merger). I was told this twice by two different reps, both of which I have the transcripts of the conversations. To my surprise, I was told at the local store today (when I went in to upgrade) that I'd have to switch plans, in effect giving up my unlimited data, even though there is no 4g available in my area, zip 24540. What gives? Thanks for any info. ;-)

Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    It's a switch on the data plan if you ever upgrade to anything other than your free phone. The only people that get to keep UNL data plans were people on AT&T $30 plans. And if you change billing responsibility ever, even those people will have to switch plans.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast