Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread: HTC ThunderBolt release thread

Device(s)
    Iphone 3G
    Feedback Score
    speedtest.net app is giving false results on the upload at this time. The download is probably accurate though.

Device(s)
    BlackBerry Storm
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by zombie4rave View Post
    speedtest.net app is giving false results on the upload at this time. The download is probably accurate though.
    Yeah, I was thinking the same thing. It looks like it works fine for 3g though.

Carrier(s)
    All of them.
    Feedback Score
    $599 at full retail, I am sold now.
    Home ISP, RR-Ultimate WiFi, $90/mo | Verizon 4G LTE, $30/mo Unlimited

School, $5,000/semester | Work

Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    I have one preordered but the store didn't get the SIM cards with the phones, so I have to wait until tomorrow.
    I read that a reviewer exhausted a fully-charged battery in 3 hours under what seemed to be unusually heavy use. Can anyone speak to the battery life under normal (ie not using the screen on for nearly 3 hours straight) usage? much appreciated.

Device(s)
    Note2!
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon (Airtouch Cellular)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ROLLTIDE View Post
    Can somebody please post a picture of the antenna port ?
    Here I took this with my Inc [/IMG]
    IN an electronic coma.
    [

Device(s)
    V3M
    Feedback Score
    Man this place is dead.

Did everybody move to Droid Life or something?

Device(s)
    S8, G5, Samsung Note 4 DE, Note 3, Moto DROID Bionic, DROID RAZR, Galaxy Nexus, Rezound, V9m, VX8000
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon, AT&T PrePaid (GoPhone)
    Feedback Score
    In my post in the pre-release thread, I said that the demo unit I got on Wednesday had a defective earpiece speaker, that sounds all buzzing/rattling when someone talks. I should have the replacement unit here tomorrow, so hopefully it won't have this problem.
    But I'd still be interested in others who have purchased Thunderbolt, if their earpiece speaker sounds OK or has that kazoo buzzing sound when someone talks, almost like the speaker is damaged.
    =>Why did I leave Verizon Wireless after 18 years? Find out here: Leaving Verizon after 18 years!

=> Read my reviews for the Motorola DROID MAXX, DROID Ultra, and DROID Mini.

=> VX8000 at Disney World:Part 1, Part 2, Part 3, Part 4.

Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by FAUguy View Post
    In my post in the pre-release thread, I said that the demo unit I got on Wednesday had a defective earpiece speaker, that sounds all buzzing/rattling when someone talks. I should have the replacement unit here tomorrow, so hopefully it won't have this problem.
    But I'd still be interested in others who have purchased Thunderbolt, if their earpiece speaker sounds OK or has that kazoo buzzing sound when someone talks, almost like the speaker is damaged.

Activated 6 of them today and they all sounded great. You probably had a bad one. Only issues I had were was it took quite awhile on a few of them for data to start working. Tech support said they had some issues with activations being delayed on them.

Device(s)
    S8, G5, Samsung Note 4 DE, Note 3, Moto DROID Bionic, DROID RAZR, Galaxy Nexus, Rezound, V9m, VX8000
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon, AT&T PrePaid (GoPhone)
    Feedback Score
    Here's something I can't figure out (or maybe this phone is really defective)....
    The Thunderbolt is said to come with 8GB eMMC (internal memory) with a 32GB microSDHC memory card.
    When I connect the phone to the PC via USB, and select Mount Drive on the phone, I can access the 32GB memory card, but not the 8GB internal. Or when selecting HTC Sync, it shows up on my PC as a HTC Phone with 32GB of external memory, and still doesn't show the 8GB internal. When I go into the Phone's Setting and click on memory, it shows 2GB of internal memory, not 8GB.

So I'm not sure what is going on here. Does this phone have 8GB or 2GB or of internal memory, and how do you access it when connecting the phone to your PC?

Device(s)
    iPhone 6 Plus
    Carrier(s)
    VZW
    Feedback Score
    I read that the internal memory is "heavily partitioned." My technical knowledge about the Thunderbolt's inner workings isn't too high... but maybe someone could provide some insight.

Device(s)
    HTC Thunderbolt
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by FAUguy View Post
    When I go into the Phone's Setting and click on memory, it shows 2GB of internal memory, not 8GB.
    Same here. Over at DroidForums there are quite a few people with the same results. Elixir shows (for me and others) 2.6GB TOTAL internal memory. I could understand an advertised spec being off by a few hundred MB, but that's almost 3/4 of the advertised memory missing.

Other than that (which I will certainly discuss with my VZW reps tomorrow), I'm enjoying my new phone. I upgraded from a Droid1 and am happy with the speedy-ness of the Thunderbolt. I even dropped by a friends house to show him my phone gets faster downstream speeds than his DSL line. I'm getting a steady 450kBps (lowest was 280kBps, highest 520kBps) download.
    The SenseUI isn't so bad either. It's certainly a lot more stylish than the stock Android. I don't like the "recent apps" list in the notification bar (If anyone knows a way to remove it, I'd be grateful), but I like the 7 screens and the "pinch-out" to the screen selector and "theme" selection. Call quality is just as good as my Droid so far. Outside of that I've just been installing and configuring all my apps, and transferring over my music/movies/pics.
    Handcent SMS isnt' working right. If I change the orientation of the screen and type a message, it sends a blank message. On a related note, I'm trying to figure out a way to carry over my SMS messages from my Droid to the TBolt. Anyone have any ideas on that one?

Device(s)
    Motorola Droid
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Reaper0Bot0 View Post
    Man this place is dead.

Did everybody move to Droid Life or something?
    Everyone left when they changed the forums.... Thankfully they put it back like it was.

Anyway I will be getting mines 2morrow or Saturday to test out.. I def will check for the ear piece.

Device(s)
    Apple iPhone 6s
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ostensibly001 View Post
    I have one preordered but the store didn't get the SIM cards with the phones, so I have to wait until tomorrow.
    I read that a reviewer exhausted a fully-charged battery in 3 hours under what seemed to be unusually heavy use. Can anyone speak to the battery life under normal (ie not using the screen on for nearly 3 hours straight) usage? much appreciated.
    Not so scientific, but an observation. Perhaps slightly above average usage for myself since it was new, I was losing roughly 10% per hour. Even playing some games for about an hour last night, PewPew and Angry Birds, it didn't speed that along too much more than that.

Also of note, I'm not in a 4G area, so I don't know if it's constantly searching for a 4G signal or not... I'll have to road trip it this weekend and see what happens there...

Device(s)
    Samsung U430 (fully functioinal bluetooth)
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by SlowMotionKarma View Post
    Handcent SMS isnt' working right. If I change the orientation of the screen and type a message, it sends a blank message. On a related note, I'm trying to figure out a way to carry over my SMS messages from my Droid to the TBolt. Anyone have any ideas on that one?
    I read about SMS backup app. There are probably several--but I don't remember if the data is saved to card or if there's an options for doing so. Appbrain may help.

Carrier(s)
    I <3 Verizon!
    Feedback Score
    Has anyone run into shortages yet? DX or DInc style?

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast