Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread: HTC ThunderBolt release thread

Device(s)
    VX6700
    Feedback Score

Just tried hotspot with tbolt and laptop. test above came from laptop. While the download was 1/4 of my comcast broadband service test, the upload was slightly better.

Device(s)
    iPhone 6 Plus, Galaxy S6, Nexus 5, Note 3
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, Verizon, AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Got mine launch day 9:30am. Crazy fast network, beautiful phone. Still having my iPhone 4 on AT&T, but Verizon's LTE network is out of control. Tethered getting up to 40mbps down and 12mbps up off-peak here in NYC. Crazy!
    Verizon Wireless 20Mhz FDD LTE

Device(s)
    Bold 9650 (current)
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    TeleSales wouldn't do anything for me. Hope there's a nice device out next February.
    BlackBerry cherry popped on May 6, 2008.

Spelling cheat sheet
    *supposedly
    *definitely
    *you're
    *literally (just don't use it)
    *might as well
    *prima donna
    *wrong place, right time
    *couldn't care less

Device(s)
    S8, G5, Samsung Note 4 DE, Note 3, Moto DROID Bionic, DROID RAZR, Galaxy Nexus, Rezound, V9m, VX8000
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon, AT&T PrePaid (GoPhone)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by FAUguy View Post
    In my post in the pre-release thread, I said that the demo unit I got on Wednesday had a defective earpiece speaker, that sounds all buzzing/rattling when someone talks. I should have the replacement unit here tomorrow, so hopefully it won't have this problem.
    But I'd still be interested in others who have purchased Thunderbolt, if their earpiece speaker sounds OK or has that kazoo buzzing sound when someone talks, almost like the speaker is damaged.
    The 1st Thunderbolt unit produces a noticeable buzzing/rattling sound in the earpiece speaker
    if the call volume is set to medium or higher.
    The 2nd unit that I got today has this buzzing some, but it is far less predominate.
    The only way I can hear it is if the call volume is set to the highest level.
    I have a Droid X and iPhone 4 here, and neither of them do this, nor does
    my own personal LG Clout VX8370.

One difference that I have noticed between both the Thunderbolt units are with the TFT display.
    The 1st unit has very saturated colors, good contrast, and whites look white, but
    on the 2nd unit the colors are more dull looking, contrasts isn’t as good, and
    whites look almost greyish. When viewing the same wallpapers, videos, and web
    sites on each, I can clearly see a difference in the displays. I also manually adjusted
    the backlight on both to the brightest setting, and it made the difference even more noticeable.

I understand that when consumer electronics are mass-produced overseas, that there may
    be instances where there are differences between the same product model. But both of these issues
    I’ve experienced before with HTC phones that I’ve tested in the past.
    =>Why did I leave Verizon Wireless after 18 years? Find out here: Leaving Verizon after 18 years!

=> Read my reviews for the Motorola DROID MAXX, DROID Ultra, and DROID Mini.

=> VX8000 at Disney World:Part 1, Part 2, Part 3, Part 4.

Device(s)
    Galaxy Nexus
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Just got mine today!

Carrier(s)
    I <3 Verizon!
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by richieroro View Post
    Just got mine today!
    In store? The COR stores around me are sold out.

Feedback Score
    I have the same buzzing/rattling sound in mine. Just got it today. Made 2 calls and both were like that.

Device(s)
    S8, G5, Samsung Note 4 DE, Note 3, Moto DROID Bionic, DROID RAZR, Galaxy Nexus, Rezound, V9m, VX8000
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by dconfer View Post
    I have the same buzzing/rattling sound in mine. Just got it today. Made 2 calls and both were like that.
    How far up did you have the earpiece volume set to?
    In the 1st unit I had I could hear it if it was set to Medium or higher, but on the 2nd unit I only hear it if I turn it up all the way.
    But I can still hear a bit of a "hiss" in the background, even when no one is talking and I turn the volume all the way down.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by FAUguy View Post
    How far up did you have the earpiece volume set to?
    In the 1st unit I had I could hear it if it was set to Medium or higher, but on the 2nd unit I only hear it if I turn it up all the way.
    But I can still hear a bit of a "hiss" in the background, even when no one is talking and I turn the volume all the way down.
    Have it set at the lowest setting and can still here it. I was thinking about taking it back and see about exchanging it. Hopefully its just a few phones. With the hissing noise it boths me a little to hear that in the background. I dont have 4G here so hopefully thats not the problem.

Device(s)
    Bold 9650 (current)
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    That's concerning. My BlackBerry 9650 has that buzzing in the speaker sometimes, while others say theirs don't. It really lessens call quality.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by dconfer View Post
    Have it set at the lowest setting and can still here it. I was thinking about taking it back and see about exchanging it. Hopefully its just a few phones. With the hissing noise it boths me a little to hear that in the background. I dont have 4G here so hopefully thats not the problem.
    With all the phones I've used and tested over the years, its unfortunate that they occasionally have these problems. I have pretty good hearing and can tell right away if there's a problem with the phones speaker, or if there's a background hiss. If you have that buzzing rattling sound, then get it exchanged, but I think all of theme will have the background hiss, as it sounds the same regardless of call volume. I think the Droid Eris did this too.

What I find interesting is that my other phones here (Droid X, iPhone 4, and LG Clout) don't have these problems. That's why I'm questioning HTCs quality control. Who knows what manufacture actually makes that speaker that cost them 10 cents to buy.

Carrier(s)
    VZW
    Feedback Score
    Hi Guys ,

I am up for NE 2 and this phone looks great. I Am concerned about battery life as i am out and about for about 14 hours a day. I have heard somewhere that there is a s/w update in the works - is there any truth to this. I have also heard that you can buy a larger battery - but thats another 60$.

Now that some of you have had a chance to play with them - how good/bad is the battery?

I would be in NYC all day - so in 4 G coverage

Second question - is there any downside to buying at amazon Vs Verizon store. ?

Device(s)
    Note 4
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    So im guessing the crazy 4g speeds are due to not much traffic? These speeds are nuts!!

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy Note 4
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by vmcmahon View Post
    Hi Guys ,

I am up for NE 2 and this phone looks great. I Am concerned about battery life as i am out and about for about 14 hours a day. I have heard somewhere that there is a s/w update in the works - is there any truth to this. I have also heard that you can buy a larger battery - but thats another 60$.

Now that some of you have had a chance to play with them - how good/bad is the battery?

I would be in NYC all day - so in 4 G coverage

Second question - is there any downside to buying at amazon Vs Verizon store. ?
    The stock battery is 1400 mAh. The Verizon stores also carry a thicker extended battery (comes with a new battery door that is 2750 mAh. The retail price on the extended battery is $49.99. If you have a corporate discount, the extended battery will cost you $37.50.

Seidio also carries a slim (same size as the OEM battery so it does not require a new battery door) battery that is rated at 1600 mAh.

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy Note 4
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe12304 View Post
    In store? The COR stores around me are sold out.
    The stores around me still has plenty in stock. A couple of reasons for this is

1. Priced at $250, it is the most expensive Droid phone.
    2. Where I live is outside of a 4G coverage area (I live about 35 miles from the edge of the NYC 4G service area) so for many local customers, there is really no benefit to get a 4G phone if they are going to be staying around here.

When I picked up the Thunderbolt yesterday, only one other person was buying one, and he was going to be moving down to Tampa (which is a 4G area) in two months.

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast