Thread: Top Up cards and sales tax

Carrier
    Virgin Mobile
    Feedback Score

Top Up cards and sales tax

I am not complaining about paying sales tax but when I purchase top ups at Wal-Mart I buy the $90 cards and am charged no sales tax but VM takes the tax out.
    I don't like it that VM takes it out on their end I would rather pay the tax when I buy the card so I don't end up with a odd balance. I live in Illinois.
    I saw on here that if you buy from callingmart.com you do not get taxed at all is this true?
    Also is there any discount codes for callingmart I searched but all the codes were for other providers.

Thanks

Feedback Score
    Search callingmart, you'll find the 3% discount code, good on $25 cards. YOu can buy 3 or 4 and still get 3% on all. No tax... You get the code via email "instantly"... great way to go.

Carriers
    Virgin Mobile USA
    Feedback Score
    Callingmart cards aren't taxed here in Texas. I've never seen anyone post on here that they were taxed for a Callingmart TopUp. Retailmenot.com is a good source for the current coupon code at callingmart.

Carrier
    Virgin Mobile
    Feedback Score
    The way Illinois has been going I will probably have to pay the sales tax down the road they are making affiliates collect the tax if they have a presence in Illinois, I think Fat Wallet is moving out of IL. because of this.

Carrier
    Virgin Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by TCAT View Post
    Search callingmart, you'll find the 3% discount code, good on $25 cards. YOu can buy 3 or 4 and still get 3% on all. No tax... You get the code via email "instantly"... great way to go.
    I found a 1% at retailmenot.com can you give me a link for the 3%?
    Last edited by asb2164; 03-17-2011 at 04:39 PM. Reason: Disregard I found it.

Feedback Score
    A simple search in this forum "callingmart" titles only, will get you the code in the 1st thread:

ca3p-1207

Phone
    EVO 4G LTE
    Carrier
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by asb2164 View Post
    I am not complaining about paying sales tax but when I purchase top ups at Wal-Mart I buy the $90 cards and am charged no sales tax but VM takes the tax out.
    I don't like it that VM takes it out on their end I would rather pay the tax when I buy the card so I don't end up with a odd balance. I live in Illinois.
    I saw on here that if you buy from callingmart.com you do not get taxed at all is this true?
    Also is there any discount codes for callingmart I searched but all the codes were for other providers.

Thanks
    Credit and kudos to: rpertusio for clearly detailing this easy method for cheap refills!

http://www.howardforums.com/showthre...2#post14203322

Sensorly --- Signal Check Pro --- Root Metrics

$100 - 4 Lines (Framily)
    $15 - 2GB Tablet Plan
    $15 - 2GB Tablet Plan

Phones
    Android All Day!!!!!!
    Moto Triumph (metro)
    Htc Incredible 2 (metro,Miui WEB,MMS,GPS,APPS)
    Carriers
    Metro Pcs
    MetroPcs
    Feedback Score
    just got my account started w/ calling mart went through the motions of buying top up and putting that towards my next bill which is the 1st of april now im ready for next month and then next month doing the same !

it was originally 25 + 2.36 = 27.36 the first time i paid my bill to now paying 24.01 w/ callingmart and that promotional code!! im happy

hey can we use that code everytime we buy a card from cm ?

Carrier
    Virgin Mobile USA
    Feedback Score
    I have never been charged any taxes at all on my top-up card purchases from callingmart either. $25 applied to my Beyond Talk plan for $24.01 total.

@ GIBBYTM:
    I've entered and used that code multiple times and it seems to works fine. :-D
    My toys:
    -Samsung Intercept with 8GB Micro SD card, loaded up with tons of GBA games (Fire Emblem FTW!).
    -Motorola RAZR V3m (Dark Pearl Gray) flashed to ViVo with COOL custom skins and all.
    -Motorola E815 flashed to Bell and loaded with 100s of Java games!

Phones
    Android All Day!!!!!!
    Moto Triumph (metro)
    Htc Incredible 2 (metro,Miui WEB,MMS,GPS,APPS)
    Carriers
    Metro Pcs
    MetroPcs
    Feedback Score
    @the.rmo thanx for the reply gonna try this again soon !