Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: HTC Thunderbolt LTE experience

Device(s)
    HTC Trophy
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Wirelessly posted (Opera/9.80 (Windows Mobile; Opera Mini/5.1.21594/24.732; U; en) Presto/2.5.25 Version/10.54)

i like the phone alot my gf got it launch day. Very fast 4g huge screen and a front facing camera for video chats but the battery life seems terrible, went to sleep last night fully charge woke up this morning with roughly 40% battery life left.

im kinda toying around with her phone to see if i want to upgrade to that phone and android in general the HTC Trophy Windows Phone 7 phone is rumored to launch next thursday thats kinda what i have my eye on i think ima try that one out....overall the thunderbolt is a great feature rich phone with loads of apps but the battery life and a couple of phones on verizons road map may keep me away. The Motorola Bionic is coming soon and is another 4g monster phone with hdmi support and the launch of windows phone 7 on verizon is nearing the Bionic looks to be better than the thunderbolt imo but im keeping my eye on all of these phones
    http://www.twitter.com/sedp23

Windows Phone 7 >>>>> iPhone & Android

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S3
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    How do you guys know what your battery % remaining is?
    Has anybody tried using a 4G widget from a different program? I remember beautiful widgets having one, but i haven't redownloaded it.

Device(s)
    iPhone 6 Plus
    Carrier(s)
    VZW
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ShortSxit View Post
    How do you guys know what your battery % remaining is?
    Has anybody tried using a 4G widget from a different program? I remember beautiful widgets having one, but i haven't redownloaded it.
    I downloaded a widget called "Battery Left" earlier... It's too 'new' to tell how accurate it is, but it does give a percentage.

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S3
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by CellHabit View Post
    I downloaded a widget called "Battery Left" earlier... It's too 'new' to tell how accurate it is, but it does give a percentage.
    Ohhh, thanks. I thought everyone was looking through their battery settings.

Device(s)
    Pixel XL
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe12304 View Post

....aaaaaand your argument is flawed.

Back on topic, does LTE seem to be eating battery faster than one would expect?
    Comparing a VOICE map to Native 3g is just BS. Drill down on the Red map and you will see a lot of 1X. Marketing at its worst. Not defending AT&T just hacking on BS marketing

Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Has anyone tested this Thunderbolt in an office building or highrise? My 4G Pantech laptop card barely works in office buildings. I have to spend about an hour positioning it right to get a 4G signal near a window. It tries to revert down to 3G but it will connect and nothing happens at all. Outside of the building, it's great. My 3G cards or phone never had this issue indoors.

Check out this MSNBC video review. The guy is inside of a building, but he goes outside to do the speed testing Then at the end, you can see on the screen, he only has 3G indoors So it seems like I'm not the only one with this problem.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/21134540/vp/42140115#42140115

Feedback Score
    Anybody tried installing PDAnet or some other tethering program yet?

Device(s)
    BB 9810 is primary
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    I'm hearing mid-April for the Bionic

Device(s)
    iPhone 6 Plus, Galaxy S6, Nexus 5, Note 3
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, Verizon, AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by greentea101 View Post
    Has anyone tested this Thunderbolt in an office building or highrise? My 4G Pantech laptop card barely works in office buildings. I have to spend about an hour positioning it right to get a 4G signal near a window. It tries to revert down to 3G but it will connect and nothing happens at all. Outside of the building, it's great. My 3G cards or phone never had this issue indoors.

Check out this MSNBC video review. The guy is inside of a building, but he goes outside to do the speed testing Then at the end, you can see on the screen, he only has 3G indoors So it seems like I'm not the only one with this problem.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/21134540/vp/42140115#42140115
    Worked perfectly fine in a tall office building in NYC.
    Verizon Wireless 20Mhz FDD LTE

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S7
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Milan, I am jealous! I have my Tbolt in my hand, and I love it as well. I have owed the OD, D2, DX, and now the t-bolt and I gotta say...its nice. (of course, I cant compare to att, as I dont have att). But as far as LTE is concerned, I am envious of those speeds. In LOuisville this past weekend I saw 4G icon come and go, but could never grab hold for a speed test. Today, Verizon announced 59 more cities that will have LTE in 2011, and my city is on there! Lets just hope its sooner than later! Congrats!

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy Note 4
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Got a chance to actually test my phone in a 4G area today. At work in Northern New Jersey, I ran several Speedtests and the results varied from 6.5 Mbps up to just under 10 Mbps. As was stated before, the upload speeds are off because on all the tests I ran, uploads showed speeds between 33 and 34 Mbps. In the same area, 3G speeds would generally have results of between 1 and 2 Mbps.

Carrier(s)
    All of them.
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Trocks797 View Post
    Milan, I am jealous! I have my Tbolt in my hand, and I love it as well. I have owed the OD, D2, DX, and now the t-bolt and I gotta say...its nice. (of course, I cant compare to att, as I dont have att). But as far as LTE is concerned, I am envious of those speeds. In LOuisville this past weekend I saw 4G icon come and go, but could never grab hold for a speed test. Today, Verizon announced 59 more cities that will have LTE in 2011, and my city is on there! Lets just hope its sooner than later! Congrats!
    Yep I am in that list too! Can't wait!
    Home ISP, RR-Ultimate WiFi, $90/mo | Verizon 4G LTE, $30/mo Unlimited

School, $5,000/semester | Work

Device(s)
    iPhone 6
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    I just picked up my TB but I have a question for you all. My TB's power button seems to be almost flush with the casing or lacking a "click" like ability. So it takes extra pressure to get it to turn the screen on and off. Is this normal or did I get a lemon?

For example my volume buttons give a "click" response when I click either +/- but I don't get that with the power button because it almost seems to be resting on what ever is beneath it.

If this is not right then I need to return to the store tomorrow to swap it out.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by mpossoff View Post
    At peak times I wouldn't say my AT&T iPhone is unusable.

Sent from my iPhone 4 using HowardForums app
    They are here.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by mpossoff View Post
    How is my argument flawed? It depends on location. At peak times my AT&T iPhone isn't unusable. My work VZW iPhone isn't unusable either during peak times but performs a tad faster than AT&T iPhone during peak time at the college. I said a tad faster.

During not peak it's not even a contest. AT&T iPhone blows VZW iPhone away.

Sent from my iPhone 4 using HowardForums app
    Who care's about AT&T 3G and the iPhone? Soon Verizon will have more LTE real 4G than AT&T does 3G. And that will be the case for sure in Alabama THIS YEAR.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast