Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: HTC Thunderbolt LTE experience

Device(s)
    iPhone 6 Plus, Galaxy S6, Nexus 5, Note 3
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, Verizon, AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by coorey View Post
    I just picked up my TB but I have a question for you all. My TB's power button seems to be almost flush with the casing or lacking a "click" like ability. So it takes extra pressure to get it to turn the screen on and off. Is this normal or did I get a lemon?

For example my volume buttons give a "click" response when I click either +/- but I don't get that with the power button because it almost seems to be resting on what ever is beneath it.

If this is not right then I need to return to the store tomorrow to swap it out.
    The design is really not thought out so much. It's not really Apple level especially since as you said the power button is almost recessed and its very easy to accidentally press volume while you're trying to dig into the power button. Most definitely takes some getting used to.
    The most annoying thing for me is the power micro USB port on the left side, which happen to be the bottom side when kickstand is in use. Makes your Bolt look really cheap. I hope they make that dock that would save me from embarrassment.
    Speeds are really good though so I don't mind those few things. Drove to PA through NJ the other day, and had 20mbps LTE half way through. Then used my SHockwave hehe
    Verizon Wireless 20Mhz FDD LTE

Device(s)
    iPhone 6
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by milan03 View Post
    The design is really not thought out so much. It's not really Apple level especially since as you said the power button is almost recessed and its very easy to accidentally press volume while you're trying to dig into the power button. Most definitely takes some getting used to.
    The most annoying thing for me is the power micro USB port on the left side, which happen to be the bottom side when kickstand is in use. Makes your Bolt look really cheap. I hope they make that dock that would save me from embarrassment.
    Speeds are really good though so I don't mind those few things. Drove to PA through NJ the other day, and had 20mbps LTE half way through. Then used my SHockwave hehe
    So you have a similar power button like mine where it is not as "click" like as expected?

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy Note 4
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    So you have a similar power button like mine where it is not as "click" like as expected?
    I have the same power button as well.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, Verizon, AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Oh yeah. That's the design "feature" I guess... I mean, coming from iPhone 4, I really didn't set my expectation too high in terms of design and user experience. I basically got the Bolt purely to lock myself into unlimited LTE data before they start metering it. I still have my iPhone 4 on AT&T which is on a family plan. The Verizon monthly plan that I'm paying is heavily discounted so it all worked out perfectly.

Device(s)
    iPhone 6
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by milan03 View Post
    Oh yeah. That's the design "feature" I guess... I mean, coming from iPhone 4, I really didn't set my expectation too high in terms of design and user experience. I basically got the Bolt purely to lock myself into unlimited LTE data before they start metering it. I still have my iPhone 4 on AT&T which is on a family plan. The Verizon monthly plan that I'm paying is heavily discounted so it all worked out perfectly.
    I just swapped from a VZW iPhone 4 and I had an AT&T iPhone 4 last year so I understand how you feel.

I am in the EXACT same boat as you, I was debating whether to witch to the TB but went ahead and did it to lock in the unlimited 4G since it is only $29.99 and will be gone in a few months.

My plan to is heavily discounted with the T&T Promo and a corporate discount.

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S2
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    What I think gets over looked over in LTE is the traffic is far less than any 3G network like AT&T and VZW. Tests I see on Wirefly so the TB having speeds slower than my AT&T iPhone 4.

I did see a TB last night and it is a nice phone but that has come go be expected from HTC. It looks just like the Inspire minus FF Camera.

Sent from my iPhone 4 using HowardForums app

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, Verizon, AT&T
    Feedback Score
    I just swapped from a VZW iPhone 4 and I had an AT&T iPhone 4 last year so I understand how you feel.

I am in the EXACT same boat as you, I was debating whether to witch to the TB but went ahead and did it to lock in the unlimited 4G since it is only $29.99 and will be gone in a few months.

My plan to is heavily discounted with the T&T Promo and a corporate discount.
    Ya I'm just not ready to give up on iOS user experience. But since the next iPhone most likely isn't going to have an LTE radio and will probably have only 14.4mbps limited HSPA+ MDM6600, I figured it's worth being an early adopter and enjoying Verizon's great network as much as possible. Falling back to EV-DO kind of sucks, but AT&T's iPhone 4 fills in the spot lol.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, Verizon, AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Dawg 23 View Post
    What I think gets over looked over in LTE is the traffic is far less than any 3G network like AT&T and VZW. Tests I see on Wirefly so the TB having speeds slower than my AT&T iPhone 4.

I did see a TB last night and it is a nice phone but that has come go be expected from HTC. It looks just like the Inspire minus FF Camera.
    It really depends where are you located and how covered your area is with LTE. Here in NYC during the heavy peak hours I'm still getting over 12mbps down, and with more customers loading the network, I predict 5-12mbps more than achievable with latency between 45-90ms. Verizon is doing everything right so far.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, Verizon, AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Just tested network using USB tethered mode and the latency dropped down to 40's !!!

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, Verizon, AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Here are a few more tests. Using USB cable to tether basically makes your thunderbolt a high performance USB modem, with unlimited data!

Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    I have so far been unable to get data working on the tbolt after wired tether usage. You guys are simply setting the tbolt to internet connection mode correct? Whenever I disconnect it, the only way to recover data use on the phone is a reboot.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, Verizon, AT&T
    Feedback Score
    hmm... I simply disconnect it from my PC and it does take up to 10 sec sometimes but it definitely reconnects.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, Verizon, AT&T
    Feedback Score
    After 10 days of usage and 16GB of data used, I came to conclusion that I should cancel my $100 a month Time Warner Cable 50/5 connection and stick with the Bolt where I get essentially the same connection for 6 times less (with my corp discount).

Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Check to see if your 3g is being throttled. I am at 10 gigs and no throttling yet.

Carrier(s)
    WIND Mobile
    Feedback Score
    @milan03: Doesn't Verizon throttle you after a point?

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast