Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: HTC Thunderbolt LTE experience

Device(s)
    iPhone 6 Plus, Galaxy S6, Nexus 5, Note 3
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, Verizon, AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by keyzink View Post
    @milan03: Doesn't Verizon throttle you after a point?
    Not that I notice. Still maxing out at about 50mbps. Peak hours hovering around 20-30mbps.
    Verizon Wireless 20Mhz FDD LTE

Carrier(s)
    WIND Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by milan03 View Post
    Not that I notice. Still maxing out at about 50mbps. Peak hours hovering around 20-30mbps.
    Jealous, very very jealous. Nothing even close to such speeds and plans in Canada.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, Verizon, AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Jealous, very very jealous. Nothing even close to such speeds and plans in Canada.
    You guys have a very solid hspa+ infrastructure and now with hspa-dc 42mbps speeds are very competitive.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

Carrier(s)
    WIND Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Average speeds are about 10-12mbps with data sticks or routers with the 'Big 3', and none of them offer an unlimited data plan.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, Verizon, AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Average speeds are about 10-12mbps with data sticks or routers with the 'Big 3', and none of them offer an unlimited data plan.
    You don't get unlimited data on USB plans only phones here in the U.S. on most carriers.

Device(s)
    iPhone 6
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    After 10 days of usage and 16GB of data used, I came to conclusion that I should cancel my $100 a month Time Warner Cable 50/5 connection and stick with the Bolt where I get essentially the same connection for 6 times less (with my corp discount).
    I wouldn't do that just yet. Reason why I say that is because yes the speeds are outstanding right now, but they will come down to more reasonable levels. Verizon's 4G network only has one phone device and two (or is it three) USB devices to utilize its very new tech. When the flood gates open and everyone is using LTE, you will not see anywhere close to the speeds we are able to get now. And we already know that Verizon will throttle your account, just not a physical number to help us determine when.

I joined Clear back when they first came to Atlanta and the speeds were great, I'm talking max speeds of 30 down / 20 up. But those speeds quickly dropped to as low as 2 down / 1 up as the network became congested and then to make matters worse Clear throttled speeds even without reaching a set limit. That's one reason why there is a lawsuit against them now that is trying to get class action status.

Device(s)
    iPhone 6
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    You don't get unlimited data on USB plans only phones here in the U.S. on most carriers.
    Yeah as of right now you'll be better off buying a TB and tethering via USB or WiFi.

Carrier(s)
    WIND Mobile
    Feedback Score
    What I meant was, higher speeds are usually only seen on data sticks (most smartphones average anywhere from 3-7mbps), and there are absolutely no unlimited data plans with the Big3, even for phones.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, Verizon, AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by coorey View Post
    I wouldn't do that just yet. Reason why I say that is because yes the speeds are outstanding right now, but they will come down to more reasonable levels. Verizon's 4G network only has one phone device and two (or is it three) USB devices to utilize its very new tech. When the flood gates open and everyone is using LTE, you will not see anywhere close to the speeds we are able to get now. And we already know that Verizon will throttle your account, just not a physical number to help us determine when.
    You're probably right, I will wait for a couple of months then weigh in all the pros and cons. Maybe I'll just downgrade my TWC internet package to the cheapest one.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, Verizon, AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Done some more network stress testing and achieved astonishing speeds quite easily. I hope you're ready for some more screens

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YYVfZbmv34U&hd=1

Enjoy!

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, Verizon, AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Here is another video of thunderbolt in action during the peak hours and loaded network. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aVC10FMD8kg&hd=1

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, Verizon, AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Just did some more stress testing during the peak hours using a well seeded torrent. That's probably the best way to see the throughput of your network at a given time. 4pm
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ccM_rbfVGDU&hd=1

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy Note 4
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Was driving around Midtown Manhattan last night (went to see American Idiot on Broadway) and was only hitting about 7-8 Mbps.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, Verizon, AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jseah View Post
    Was driving around Midtown Manhattan last night (went to see American Idiot on Broadway) and was only hitting about 7-8 Mbps.
    Depends what did you use for testing. The Speedtest.app has been updated so try that. Try also different servers since not every server has the best routing and the capacity to your connection. The best would be if you USB tether.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, Verizon, AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Since the SpeedTest app has been updated, I've done some more testing, and it looks like the app is pretty close to those tethering speeds. It's mind boggling to me that 50mbps is achievable on the mobile handset

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast