Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Buy the Thunderbolt now or wait a few weeks for the Bionic?

Carrier(s)
    All of them.
    Feedback Score
    Yeah the waiting game is not that much fun. Figured it would be here or very close by now, guess that is not even the case.

So with 3 4G phones out now, which one is the best? Is the T-Bolt the only one that has SVDO? Can the others even surf and talk on 4G at the same time without VoLTE?
    Home ISP, RR-Ultimate WiFi, $90/mo | Verizon 4G LTE, $30/mo Unlimited

School, $5,000/semester | Work

Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Extraordinary View Post
    Yeah the waiting game is not that much fun. Figured it would be here or very close by now, guess that is not even the case.

So with 3 4G phones out now, which one is the best? Is the T-Bolt the only one that has SVDO? Can the others even surf and talk on 4G at the same time without VoLTE?
    3 4G phones out right now??

Carrier(s)
    All of them.
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by 213ninja View Post
    3 4G phones out right now??
    Well 2 are out and sold at stores, 1 more confirmed on the way very soon (LG Revolution, which there are plenty of reviews out there), but no word of any Motorola 4G or dual core phone... The only one with SVDO is the T-Bolt?

Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Extraordinary View Post
    Well 2 are out and sold at stores, 1 more confirmed on the way very soon (LG Revolution, which there are plenty of reviews out there), but no word of any Motorola 4G or dual core phone... The only one with SVDO is the T-Bolt?
    I'm not 100% certain, but from what I've read, the TB is the only phone capable of SVDO in 3G mode...I'm sure the Charge can do it in 4G...

Device(s)
    S8, G5, Samsung Note 4 DE, Note 3, Moto DROID Bionic, DROID RAZR, Galaxy Nexus, Rezound, V9m, VX8000
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon, AT&T PrePaid (GoPhone)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by 213ninja View Post
    I'm not 100% certain, but from what I've read, the TB is the only phone capable of SVDO in 3G mode...I'm sure the Charge can do it in 4G...
    Yes, that is correct.
    =>Why did I leave Verizon Wireless after 18 years? Find out here: Leaving Verizon after 18 years!

=> Read my reviews for the Motorola DROID MAXX, DROID Ultra, and DROID Mini.

=> VX8000 at Disney World:Part 1, Part 2, Part 3, Part 4.

Carrier(s)
    All of them.
    Feedback Score
    I guess Thunderbolt it is then. Would be nice to have that feature.

Device(s)
    iPhone 4
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    From what I read in this forum is that the Bionic is also going to drain the battery in 4G/LTE mode also ... I just got the T-Bolt ... I may be tempted to swap if the Bionic comes out in the next 14 days ... otherwise, I am happy with the T-Bolt.

Having an iPhone on AT&T ... I have grown to really really like the phone and data at the same time.

Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    I think it's worth taking into consideration that the ThunderBolt's price is probably going to be more affordable than any new 4G phone that comes out for a little while.

Device(s)
    iPhone 4
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by mcmand_aw View Post
    I think it's worth taking into consideration that the ThunderBolt's price is probably going to be more affordable than any new 4G phone that comes out for a little while.
    Yes ... I just got a T-Bolt ... I have about 10 days left on my 14. I am hoping it will drop in price prior ... I kind of doubt it will however as I am sure a bunch of folks probably purchased LTE phones prior to July 7. I would think Verizon will wait till at least July 21 (July 7 + 14 days) before dropping the price of the T-Bolt ... but here's to hoping!

Carrier(s)
    All of them.
    Feedback Score
    Well I might as well update you guys here! I went out and purchased 3 Thunderbolts last month... about a month ago exactly and activated two of them (just in case the plan did not grandfather)

Besides the terrible battery life, its working great! Trying not to use too much data right now so I don't make Verizon mad (though someone did use over 50GB in one month on this forum)

One of the T-Bolts never came, and it was the one I purchased from eBay. Tomorrow is the last day where eBay customer support has to give me a response. If I don't get a full refund then I will need to go to my credit card company next. The seller never even shipped it, responded to a single email, answered a phone call, or anything. They even ignored the eBay claim and did not submit any kind of response... so it should go in my favor easily.

Device(s)
    iPhone 4
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    So ... as per this post http://www.vzbuzz.com/wp-content/upl...risonchart.jpg found here http://www.vzbuzz.com/2011/08/droid-...e-competition/ it looks like the Bionic does NOT support SVDO over 3G. It looks like the Thunderbolt will be the only phone that can.

Carrier(s)
    All of them.
    Feedback Score
    That's a bummer... I am using the T-Bolt now and do like that option... but if voice+data work on 4G then that will be fine. I am in a 4G area most of the time now anyway.

Device(s)
    iPhone 4
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Good point.

Its kind of like buying a 4/all wheel drive when it only snows and rains 10 days out of the year. Your "Corolla" with the 35 MPG is going to be a better investment for the other 355 days of the year.

If you are in a "good" 4G area ... then you will have simultaneous voice and data.

If you are on a fringe area though, like me, or if you travel a lot though ... SVDO on the T-Bolt is really really nice.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3