Thread: Any fix for iPhone mic on speakerphone?

Phones
    iPhone 4 Jailbroken
    iPhone 2G Jailbroken
    Razr V8
    Carrier
    At&t
    Feedback Score

Any fix for iPhone mic on speakerphone?

I originally jailbroke my ip4 via jailbreakme.com. The mic never worked when on speakerphone (which is common from what I've read). Thought upgrading to 4.2 would fix (JB by greenpoison) it but I still can't use my speakerphone. Has anyone came up with a fix?

Carrier
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Does it work when you restore to stock? Did you restore from backup or as new when you restored to 4.2? Take it in and replace it. Should be under warranty.
    Currently listening to: Oli G - Orchid

Quote Originally Posted by XFF
    Pi ra cy discussions are not allowed here.
    You are ban ned!

Phones
    iPhone 4 Jailbroken
    iPhone 2G Jailbroken
    Razr V8
    Carrier
    At&t
    Feedback Score
    I did an upgrade from 4.0 to 4.2.1. Then instantly did the JB so not sure if it worked stock. But from what I read, a lot of people had this issue when using jailbreakme. I assumed upgrading to 4.2 would fix it but I was wrong. I'm would think it's a software issue since it happened with the JB and seems to be common.

Phones
    Iphone 4 32Gb Black
    Razr V3xx
    iPhone 32gb 3GS Black
    Carrier
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    I've never heard of this so not sure it's common at all.
    Maybe you've read some threads that you think had this problem but there are lots of threads asking why the second speaker doesn't work... which is funny because there is only 1 speaker.
    Plus, the jailbreak is a universal thing not different for all people. If it was the jailbreak then everyone would have this issue and it would be really weird because there are different jailbreaks.

Nope, you can not say it happened with the jailbreak at all.
    Sounds like you are restoring from backup which is your problem. backup your stuff another way (there are other ways more cumbersome) and Setup as new phone. If it's not that then it's hardware.
    You said you upgraded, did you hit upgrade? I'd press restore. Always restore to new firmware.

Phones
    iPhone 4 Jailbroken
    iPhone 2G Jailbroken
    Razr V8
    Carrier
    At&t
    Feedback Score
    I did a Google search for the problem and found a few articles about it so it sounded rather common to me. But I could be wrong. Anyway, it's the MIC, not the speaker. The mic works fine during normal conversations but shuts off during during speakerphone. I can hear them...they can't hear me; AT ALL.

I'll try and do a full restore and report back with an update. Though I'm not sure I use the speakerphone enough to justify all the trouble.

Carriers
    Rogers Wireless
    Feedback Score
    ^Did you install any of the VolumeBoost scripts from Cydia? Those mess with the gain settings of various modular audio components. If so, try removing the script and respring.

Phones
    iPhone 4 Jailbroken
    iPhone 2G Jailbroken
    Razr V8
    Carrier
    At&t
    Feedback Score
    I don't think I have anything audio related (other than some ring and SMS tones). I really don't have that many Cydia apps on my phone. But I would have a hard time not having Lock Info or I Real SMS notifications.

Phones
    Apple iPhone 3G[S]
    Apple iPhone 4
    Carriers
    AT&T
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    on the top left of the iphone 4, there is a hole there that is a secondary mic, is that covered by invisible shield or a cover? If so, try removing it and see if they can hear you on speaker.

Looks like this..
    http://www.umpcportal.com/gallery/v/...+jack.jpg.html
    Do you need help with your iphone? Is it bricked and can't get out of boot loop? If you are in the Los Angeles Area, I can probably help you resolve your issue. There is no fee but donation is appricated. Private Message me if you need additional help.

Phones
    Apple iPhone 3G[S]
    Apple iPhone 4
    Carriers
    AT&T
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    i did a google search for that pic above and read more down and it basically said the same thing..

http://forum.gsmhosting.com/vbb/f631...hread-1120335/

the secondary mic is for noise cancellation and if it thinks its noise, it will cancel out your sound..

Phones
    iPhone 4 Jailbroken
    iPhone 2G Jailbroken
    Razr V8
    Carrier
    At&t
    Feedback Score
    I always wondered what that little hole was. Nothing is covering mine but maybe it isn't working. Looked for an app that could disable it (just to see) but no luck.