Phones
    HTC Rezound
    HTC Rezound
    HTC Droid DNA
    Carriers
    Verizon Wireless/Verizon Fios Quantum 75/35
    Feedback Score

How is Metro PCS in northern New Jersey

I am currently using Virgin Mobile,wich i am pleased with, the talk and text,but there is data issues with the LG Optimus V android 2.2 ,my Question is how is the service in Northern NJ and is there any data drop issues with the android phones,and what is the best android phone they offer.Thanks for any feedback.

Phones
    samsung SCH-i220
    apple iPhone
    Carriers
    metropcs
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by lou61166 View Post
    I am currently using Virgin Mobile,wich i am pleased with, the talk and text,but there is data issues with the LG Optimus V android 2.2 ,my Question is how is the service in Northern NJ and is there any data drop issues with the android phones,and what is the best android phone they offer.Thanks for any feedback.
    I purchased a Samsung R910 Indulge in the South Florida market and have been happy with it, yes it is 4g so it gives you a lot of advantages for music streaming.
    paul k. sanchez

Feedback Score
    I'm in Jersey City, NJ and metro service is very good around here. If you go further northwest for example like Sussex County and Passaic County, it's spotty and certain areas don't have service. Best thing to do is check the coverage map on the mtetro site.

Phones
    HTC Rezound
    HTC Rezound
    HTC Droid DNA
    Carriers
    Verizon Wireless/Verizon Fios Quantum 75/35
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by lordt78 View Post
    I'm in Jersey City, NJ and metro service is very good around here. If you go further northwest for example like Sussex County and Passaic County, it's spotty and certain areas don't have service. Best thing to do is check the coverage map on the mtetro site.
    Thanks for the input and i did check the map and it looks good,the weird thing is when i go to their website and enter my zip code it says the service is not available for that zip code,but the map clearly shows it is,sort of annoying that i cannot view their plans phones etc.

Phone
    LG Connect
    Carrier
    MetroPCS
    Feedback Score
    Thanks for the input and i did check the map and it looks good,the weird thing is when i go to their website and enter my zip code it says the service is not available for that zip code,but the map clearly shows it is,sort of annoying that i cannot view their plans phones etc.
    Just put in another zip code like 07102 for Newark, that one works.

Carrier
    Metro PCS
    Feedback Score
    If it has stripes, it might be extended coverage, and you would not be able to activate in that area.

Carriers
    Straight Talk
    Feedback Score
    I live in hackensack, nj in bergen county by rt 80. I have a cheap metro Kyrocera that I bought just to try out metro. My friend has a indulge 4g .. We both have service everywhere and my buddy has 4g in many areas and it's very good!

If metro says that your not in a service area but the map says otherwise , that means your in a "extended coverage" (roaming on sprint) and will have service but slow Internet . But like I said most of nj has great metro service especially around NYC and Philly.

Just buy a cheap "test" phone and return it if it's not good for you

you must consider that you also have nationwide coverage now , probably more than virgin since it's metro+sprint coverage . Although when "roaming" on sprint you will not have 3G data , just 2g (1rxtt)

Sent from my Unknown iPhone using HowardForums

Carriers
    Straight Talk
    Feedback Score
    Also , dont forget to put the phone on "metro only" so you don't roam on anyone else but sprint . Let's say you hop on a verizon tower if the phone is on auto. Then you will only be able to text in those areas, traveltalk calls are pricey BUT if you put it in metro only you will have metro native and sprint extended coverage and won't have to worry if your using someone elses tower

Sent from my Unknown iPhone using HowardForums

Phone
    LG Connect
    Carrier
    MetroPCS
    Feedback Score
    I checked the map and no part of Jersey is an extended coverage area, it all seems to be Metro's home market.