Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Amazon app store and one-click ordering

Feedback Score

Amazon app store and one-click ordering

I can't figure out how to turn off the one-click ordering in the Amazon App Store app. I am afraid I will accidentally click on something I don't want and end up paying for it. I turned off the one-click on my pc acct and on the android amazon mobile app, but nothing I do seems to turn off the one-click in the amazon app store app. Any other ideas?
    Last edited by gekkota; 03-22-2011 at 01:19 PM. Reason: To clarify what in the world I am talking about!

Carrier
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    That's exactly what happened to me. I had to call Amazon for a refund of the accidentally ordered app (which they promptly took care of). But I don't plan on using the app until they provide a confirmation dialog or way to turn off the 1-click.

Carrier
    All of them.
    Feedback Score
    Yeah I am sure with enough calls and complaints/people asking for refunds they will come out with a quick update.

For now, just be careful.
    Home ISP, RR-Ultimate WiFi, $90/mo | Verizon 4G, $30/mo Unlimited

School, $5,000/semester | Work

Carriers
    Virgin Mobile USA
    Feedback Score
    They never responded to the email I sent them when I ordered an app that I didn't mean to. It good to know that they are doing call in refunds for this problem. Its been over 24 hours since that order so I hope I don't have any problem with my oder. I've yet to install on my phone so I'm guessing I should be o.k.

The game I downloaded has a demo available in the market so I may end up keeping the game anyways. 90 levels for 3 dollar, we'll just have to see how this works out.

Feedback Score
    It appears you can turn off 1-click setting in your main account. If you go to the mobile app section, it shows your apps, and also has a link to editing 1-click settings there (which just redirects to your main setting, off or on). Hopefully I won't make the mistake of clicking something that costs money, but hopefully with 1-click off it will give a warning of some sort.

I do notice it has 2 phones registered LG670 and LG670-1... odd since I have only 1 phone. Do have 2 apps... looks like something's messed up. I don't want to deregister the -1 for fear one of the apps will disappear. Seems a great way to get free "paid" apps. What's Doodle Jump? (today's app)

Carrier
    Virgin Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Poor Amazon, the only apps they are selling are probably the one click accidents. Everyone just wants free games lol. Hope they start giving apps other than games.

Sent from my Optimus Stalker

Feedback Score
    I sent an email to amazon customer service and here is their response:

"Currently there is not a way to turn the buy button off. *You can deregister you appstore from your account so that you do not make an accidental purchase. You would then have to register it to your account again to enable the appstore. **You would then just enter your email address and password for your amazon account."

How ridiculous! They really need a way to be able to just turn the one click option off from the app itself....

Carrier
    Virgin Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Yeah I read an article today where the author accidentally hit the buy button and wasn't too happy about it. He got an email back saying that there are no refunds but that Amazon would make an exception this time for him. Looks like they planned for this and fully expect people to put up with accidental purchases being offset by the free apps we will get. I think the FCC should get involved in this ASAP, or at least as soon as they stop issuing these exceptions. I am afraid to let my kids play angry birds on my phone now because I can see what will happen.

Carriers
    Virgin Mobile USA
    Feedback Score
    Update to previous post:

So after not hearing anything from Amazon since that accidental download I had some free time and tried the demo of the game I downloaded(from the market). It was alright, but I'm not a fan of the genre so I uninstalled that and got right on the phone with CS to ask for a refund. I told them my situation and they said they would credit my account. I didn't have any problems plus I told them that I never even put the app on my phone and it was just sitting their in my download folder.

I think it kinda lame that their first update to their store didn't even fix this one click crap. I mean isn't the reason they use that is they think its suppose to make it "easier" to download apps? How much trouble is it really to have a confirmation screen like they have with their music app...

Feedback Score
    Just received an update notice on the Amazon Market App -- since it was side loaded the update appears to be side loaded also -- I did not accept the offer ;-] -- I would rather delete the original app and reload the "new" market app from the Amazon App site.

Feedback Score
    So today is "Swiftkey".. it has good reviews. Is it worth trying if you've grown use to Swype? Getting free Amazon apps is great... just hope I don't run out of memory soon!

Carriers
    Virgin Mobile USA
    Feedback Score
    I had to pass on Shazam Encore for the same reason. Although it really wasnt an app that i needed I had a hard time letting it go. I wonder if your able to download all the free apps and uninstall them for later use. Has anyone tried to do that yet?

Carrier
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by black2droid View Post
    I had to pass on Shazam Encore for the same reason. Although it really wasnt an app that i needed I had a hard time letting it go. I wonder if your able to download all the free apps and uninstall them for later use. Has anyone tried to do that yet?
    It's always good to get an app backup tool like AppMonster or MyBackup, or if rooted Titanium Backup. The Pro versions are recommended but the free versions also do the trick.

Carriers
    T-mobile Prepaid
    T-mobile ToGo
    Feedback Score
    Yes, you can uninstall and reinstall amazon market apps. And you can also wait to install them once you've "bought" them. I've tried both with the daily special apps.

Sent via the HowardForums Android app

Carrier
    Virgin Mobile
    Feedback Score
    I went ahead and switched to xionia kernel so my phone could mount the ext3 position on my sdcard. This combined with link2sd has given me over 100 mb free again. I had to do something so I could keep getting these great free apps.

That and overclocking my cpu to 749 made it so angry birds rio lags no more. I was finally able to beat it.

Sent from my Optimus Stalker

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast