Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: If you're out of contract, RUN AWAY FROM AT&T while you can!

Device(s)
    Galaxy S6
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by shango6 View Post
    I'm not suggesting anyone jump ship and leave unless it absolutely doesn't work out for them. Most will be very happy with the data speeds.

The thing with the contracts being reset...I can understand why that would upset some.
    I think the only way people will be upset is if they want out after the 30 days. However if its a plan you really like then having it reset actually works out better for the customer.

Device(s)
    ATNI Alltel: HTC, Telular Box, V262
    Carrier(s)
    ATT, Alltel (ATNI), Verizon, Globalstar
    Feedback Score
    My main ***** is the data charges. If you don't have a data plan on your account and you accidentally push the browser button or get a phone that uses any data its a $2 minimum charge.
    And about the only changes you can make to an Alltel plan on ATT is changing your circle numbers. So have your plan setup the way you want it BEFORE you change.
    Still using a 3 watt analog bag phone in 2011!

Carrier(s)
    The Big V
    Feedback Score
    I may have found what triggered the contract. I get a discount (8%) thru school. The contract seems to start the day my discount started. Does AT&T really put you under contract for FAN?

Honestly, doesn't really matter. If I have to pay the ETF, I will. AT&T has been no help, the closest local store to me is 175 miles away and they won't answer the phone, and I've had enough of customer service.

Device(s)
    HTC Aria
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Have you had any luck in resolving this issue? I too have a discount on my Alltel plan and would like to have that discount carried over or at least switched to my company's AT&T discount, but if it re-ages my contract, no way. I will be out of contract in April and plan to stay that way for as long as I can.

Device(s)
    Galaxy S6
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    When I switch over from Alltel in 2-3 weeks I'll see what happens to my discount. I don't believe this applies to everyone and feel this may have been a fluke.

Carrier(s)
    The Big V
    Feedback Score
    So far, nothing. I have submitted a BBB complaint, plus I went out of town to talk to a corporate store. I talked to someone in regards to the BBB complaint, but nothing has happened so far. The corporate store I went to in Las Vegas was unable to help at that time. Seems that only managers in non-Alltel areas have access to the former Alltel billing system. That manager was off until today, and I've been at work. The CSR said that I wasn't the first person from a former Alltel area to have problems, though she didn't say what kind of problems they had dealt with.

Carrier(s)
    AT&T former Alltel Blue (WWC)
    Feedback Score
    If you have an existing Alltel affinity discount it will transition with you to AT&T and not affect your contract. If you sign up for an AT&T FAN discount then the terms of the contract with the associated company/institution determine if a contract applies. Almost all FAN based discounts require an initial 24 month commitment. If you signed up for the FAN discount in the store then a signed application is required and is faxed into the FAN discount team. If you used the website then the contract information should have been right there along with the information about the amount of the discount.

Carrier(s)
    The Big V
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Clay™ View Post
    If you have an existing Alltel affinity discount it will transition with you to AT&T and not affect your contract. If you sign up for an AT&T FAN discount then the terms of the contract with the associated company/institution determine if a contract applies. Almost all FAN based discounts require an initial 24 month commitment. If you signed up for the FAN discount in the store then a signed application is required and is faxed into the FAN discount team. If you used the website then the contract information should have been right there along with the information about the amount of the discount.
    AT&T corporate says that FAN shouldn't have triggered a contract, the guy working with me from corporate can't tell me why the contract was initiated, but he said it shouldn't be from the discount. But would that take away my upgrade eligibility? After my initial rant, I consitered staying with AT&T, upgrading my equipment and taking on a two year extention. They told me that right now I cant, and that taking the Aria was my equipment upgrade.

The person from AT&T corporate assisting me with my BBB complaint let me know what my options are at this point. First was put up with everything the way it is. Second was he could give me upgrade pricing on new equipment with a new contract, but I would lose my granfathered Alltel plan. Third was to leave EFT free. Sadly, that is the option I am taking. I'm not happy about paying more for less with Verizon, but to get new equipment I'd have just as bad a deal with an AT&T plan.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2