Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: best browser for optimus?

Feedback Score

best browser for optimus?

What do u guys think is the best browser for optimus keeping in mind speed and ability to render full pages and not stupid mobile pages? Flash isn't a huge concern for me because I have a laptop for that. I've tries dolphin mini and skyfire but mini does mobile pages and skydire is slow and locks up. Let me know ur guys opinions!

Phones
    LG Volt
    LG Volt
    Carrier
    Boost Mobile
    Feedback Score
    I tried a bunch to, skyfire isnt bad, but opera failed to render some pages correctly. Frankly the best web browser ive seen so far remains the built in android browser.

Carrier
    Virgin Mobile USA
    Feedback Score
    ive always used opera didnt like skyfire to much

Carrier
    Virgin Mobile
    Feedback Score
    I only keep the Android browser and skyfire. Both are the best of the best I think. Opera mini rarely renders pages properly and dolphin has never impressed me.

One thing to consider, both opera mini and skyfire render pages on remote servers. For this reason I never use either for banking. I have no idea how secure their servers are or if it is even possible to have your bank stuff rendered locally.

Sent from my Optimus Stalker

Carriers
    Virgin Mobile USA
    Feedback Score
    I use Opera Mini and with their lasest update they finally added pinch and zoom into their brower. For speed I'm always going with OM, but I use Skyfire for the great video player in their brower.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I've found Miren Browser to be the best for my daily use, it isn't as well known as the other big boys, but it just works, and works very well.

Feedback Score
    On my Optimus V (granted, I'm using Wi-Fi as the data service, as is known by now, is out) I am using Opera Mini 6, having used Opera Mini on all my smartphones, going way back to the Palm Treo 650.

The thing I like about it is that, besides rendering sites well usually (on older devices it does a MUCH better job than the default), it also has much quicker performance. Since it runs pages through its own servers before putting them on the phone's display, taking into account you don't need the same level of quality for a phone's display vs a PC's, it makes it load much faster. Also, it caches pages, so when you navigate back, it does so immediately. I mean, as fast as you push the <---- key, you're there--that fast. Also, the select text option seems to work well (I highlight-copy-paste content a lot).

There is also "Opera Mobile," a more feature-equipped version of the same thing, but when I tried it I didn't like it, mainly because it didn't have the same extremely quick response upon pressing the back key.

I tried Skyfire, didn't like it much (can't remember why, just didn't). I haven't tried Dolphin, which I hear good things about, I've been meaning to try Firefox but haven't.

LRH

Feedback Score
    I tried most and ended up using Skyfire. It's the only one that plays video from Vimeo, which is a site I use. I do like the default browser better, but I find Skyfire faster (sometimes... I think that has something to do with flaky VM data service). I wish Firefox would improve their mobile version! I really like the new FF4.0 on my PC.

I use a bookmarks shortcut using "Folder Organizer Lite", it gets me right to where I want to go, without opening the browser first.

edit: I just tested default vs. Skyfire (which I thought I liked), vs. Opera Mini
    1. Opera Mini is slower than default, has nice interface, but watching a slideshow on Pbase (which I use a lot), the pictures loaded very slow and had very pixelated transitions. Uninstalled.
    2. Default seems fastest at loading raw pages, slideshow is flawless.
    3. I'm keeping Skyfire installed for occasional video.
    Last edited by TCAT; 03-23-2011 at 07:37 PM.

Phones
    Motorola Triumph, LG Optimus V
    Motorola Triumph
    LG Optimus V
    Carrier
    Virgin Mobile USA
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I use Dolphin HD mostly... Tried all their browsers and the fact their features seen randomly distributed annoys me a bit, but Dolphin HD is the most feature-rich. I like the actual tabs, fullscreen, bookmark import/ export, adblock, volume keys to switch tabs, etc.

Now Skyfire is a close second if you like videos a lot, but otherwise the interface is awfully obtrusive. And I find it cannot convince every website out there you are a desktop...

Opera Mini is a fine browser for mobile rendering on sites that aren't very dynamic, or sites that you definitely don't want bells or whistles on. It right butchers anything that requires even the most basic of dynamic content, though.

Sent from my Jax using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    fast = opera or stock android browser
    fancy flash ect = skyfire

I don't use dolphin HD I find their interface is very cluttered

Phones
    Samsung Galaxy SII Skyrocket LTE
    Samsung Galaxy SII Skyrocket LTE
    Carrier
    Net10 (AT&T SIM)
    Feedback Score
    My best experience has been with the built in android browser or latest version of Opera Mini v6.0

Carriers
    Virgin Mobile
    Feedback Score
    I think the stock is just fine, but Opera Mini rules especially in situations where you're stuck with 1xRTT data, or a slow wifi connection. Dolphin's nice and all, but the stock browser works equally well in my opinion. It really comes down to personal preference. Skyfire is great too for it's flash support but I don't really need it.

Phone
    lg optimus,motorola i425,samsung r211
    Carrier
    boost mobile,cricket paygo,virgin mobile
    Feedback Score
    Wirelessly posted (lg optimus : Opera/9.80 (Android; Opera Mini/6.0.24212/24.741; U; en) Presto/2.5.25 Version/10.54)

dolphin hd is my back now after the release of opera mini 6.the new mini 6 is just great. its so much faster than droid chrome and dolphin
    Last edited by phonemagician; 03-23-2011 at 05:48 PM.

Phone
    Galaxy Nexus
    Carrier
    T-mobile
    Feedback Score
    I use stock, opera mini for slow speed.

Annoyed by the fact that firefox mobile won't run on armv6 processors, the new version looks great.

Carriers
    Virgin Mobile USA
    Feedback Score
    In response to TCAT edited post:

Thanks for the quick browser comparison test!

Hm, I've been useing OM since getting my Optimus V mainly because I lived in an 1x area where I used to constantly have no service bars and OM worked where the default browser would be stuck on the loading screen. The OM mutil start page screen is sometime I've really gotten use to and seems to work good for me as I only have a few favorite sites that I'm on daily. Now that I'm in a good 3g with wifi area I'll be willing to give the default browser another go to see if its to my liking.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast