MTS
    Feedback Score
    So when do I have to put this in?

Device(s)
    OnePlus One
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers
    Feedback Score
    Excellent info. This does need the sticky treatment!

Feedback Score
    So I picked up my sim card, tossed it in my phone and calling and txting worked without having to do anything. When I go to create a new APN profile, the MCC and MNC fields are blank. If I change them, in this case from empty to the values specified above, hit save and the APN profile is deleted.

I've read that android doesn't allow you to change those values and that you should leave them at the default value. My problem is that the values aren't defaulted to anything.

Anyone else having the same problem? Did the values show up for you with your mts sim?

I'm using an Atrix with android 2.2 if that helps.

Carrier(s)
    Rogers
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by drewbop View Post
    So I picked up my sim card, tossed it in my phone and calling and txting worked without having to do anything. When I go to create a new APN profile, the MCC and MNC fields are blank. If I change them, in this case from empty to the values specified above, hit save and the APN profile is deleted.

I've read that android doesn't allow you to change those values and that you should leave them at the default value. My problem is that the values aren't defaulted to anything.

Anyone else having the same problem? Did the values show up for you with your mts sim?

I'm using an Atrix with android 2.2 if that helps.
    I'm using the Desire Z with stock 2.2 on it. I noticed this problem too.

The mts rep had made one profile that didn't work at all. She only entered the "sp.mts" entry.
    I made a second profile from the profile #1 above. Everything worked at that point.
    I tried to enter profile #2 above but it had the same problem as you. I just left it at that.

I don't think the APN is on the sim, right?

Feedback Score
    I can't save with just the sp.mts entry. It gives an error saying it doesn't have an MCC and MNC.

The reason why I think it's on the sim two fold: 1) MCC and MNC are provider codes and 2) I dropped in a friend's rogers sim and went to add a new APN profile. Both the MCC and MNC were set by default in the profile. All other fields were blank.

Carrier(s)
    Rogers, Fido, Telenor RS, T-Mobile DE, T-Mobile US
    Feedback Score
    have dealer test your sim in mts phone. if it fails there it's a problem with the sim card programming

Carrier(s)
    MTS
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by drewbop View Post
    I can't save with just the sp.mts entry. It gives an error saying it doesn't have an MCC and MNC.

The reason why I think it's on the sim two fold: 1) MCC and MNC are provider codes and 2) I dropped in a friend's rogers sim and went to add a new APN profile. Both the MCC and MNC were set by default in the profile. All other fields were blank.
    The dealer here in Thompson that settings are delivered over the air but it isn't working for the blackberries so they have to add them manually. Should reset my phone to figure out if it works as i just put it in manually right away, ie. the APN setting. The rest of the settings are not available on windows phone 7.

Carrier(s)
    Telus Mobility
    Feedback Score
    Stickied as per users requests
    TELUS /Koodo Super Moderator
    Lounge Super Moderator

Feedback Score

activating the mobile network with the motorola atrix via MTS

I am having the same difficulties trying to get my data to work with my Motorola Atrix 4G unlocked and Unbranded (NOT AT&T OR BELL) as well. I spent 3 hours at the mts connect store trying to get it to work. The key factor is that the access point names (APN)s are not saving. I have plugged in the following data 50 times varrying it from time to time.

Name: mts
    Apn: sp.mts
    mmsc: http://mmsc2.mts.net/
    mms proxy: 209.4.229.90
    mms port: 9401
    MCC 302
    MNC 660 and 370 for the second. (Which I cannot even get the first saved)

The thing is I can plug in all this data, leave the MCC and MNC at "Not set", hit the home button without saving, going back to APN screen and see the ones I created but not work.

But once I enter the MCC and MNC (regardless of saving) it deletes itself or never saves in the first place.

A lot of forms say to leave the default setting for the MCC and MNC but there is no default. The default is "Not set". And one must set it in order to save it. Kind of redundant!!! I have done restore to system default umpteen times. I have done a factory restore. I have played around with removing the battery, sim card and airplane setting in different intervals. NOTHING is working. I am uncertain if this is an issue with the phone itself, or with MTS's new network.

I have access to features such as text messaging, voicemail, call display, and am able to send and receive phone calls.
    I can also use my Wifi with no problems.

I even went as far as to try some of rogers MNC codes such as 720 and 72 since they are sharing networks somehow.

Any advice would be great. I am almost tempted to throw in the towel, sell the phone on ebay and go for an Iphone.

ADVICE OR SUGGESTIONS PLEASE!!!!!

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S II I9100 (UK)
    Carrier(s)
    MTS 4G
    Feedback Score
    im not entirely sure but i think i read that after you input the APN in a motorola atrix, you need to hard reboot it by removing the battery, putting it back in and booting up. i could seriously be mistaken here.

Feedback Score
    Trying to figure out if this problem is related to android in general or the atrix in particular. Has anyone gotten this to work on a non-mts android?

Carrier(s)
    MTS
    Feedback Score
    Works just fine on my HTC Desire HD... I just added an APN called MTS and put in the settings, and saved them.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast