Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Thread: MTS APN settings

Device(s)
    NOTE 3
    Carrier(s)
    MTS
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Arcticsushi View Post
    The guys over at the St Vital MTS store were no assistance in getting the APN to save or what else to try. It wasn't until today I came access this and boom....it worked instantly.
    If you paid the $25 buck activation fee call MTS and get a credit. I took my Nexus S in and the girl never set the APN settings on my phone so I did it myself (thanks to this topic) but still paid the $25 activation fee, MTS credited my account.

Device(s)
    OnePlus One
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers
    Feedback Score
    So has anyone ever been able to get both APN settings saved? I know my phone works with just one... but I feel like I could be getting better coverage (or even GSM coverage!) with the 2nd APN saved. Anyone?

Device(s)
    Galaxy Nexus
    Carrier(s)
    MTS Mobility
    Feedback Score
    bump... confirmed on a Galaxy Nexus and MTS (in Gillam! )

All I had to do was go into the APN settings and create a new one; gave it a name and entered 'sp.mts' for the APN and saved. Data started working immediately!

Oh, and if anybody needs the SMSC number (I found today I needed to re-enter mine after my SMS stopped working), the MTS number is +12042511020 and converted to be entered into my GNex was 07912140521120F011. That did it. I'm now able to send messages again.

cheers

Feedback Score
    I have a LG-C900B my kid traded but we are unable to get internet, texting and phone is fine, says 3G, tried to put the info in but there is only so much I can put in, it is not like in the beginning of this thread.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Derfel View Post
    So has anyone ever been able to get both APN settings saved? I know my phone works with just one... but I feel like I could be getting better coverage (or even GSM coverage!) with the 2nd APN saved. Anyone?
    I have ... kinda sorta ...

I can get a second APN in if I only type in the name of the APN as "MTS" (or whatever) and the APN as sp.mts

If I add anything else (I think it's the MMSC) you can save it, but it never appears.

This might be something in the Android OS thinking it's a duplicate entry of some sort.

Carrier(s)
    MTS
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Derfel View Post
    GSM coverage would be a huge plus, but wouldn't it be through Rogers towers? How would that work?

Feedback Score
    Pretty sure I'm getting GSM coverage through my Droid Razr. If I go into the Android Test Menu ... it often shows me on a preferred GSM network.

Carrier(s)
    MTS
    Feedback Score
    Isn't HSPA technically GSM? My phone says GSM network is active too, but when I try to connect to Rogers 2G, it says my SIM card is not allowed. I think Rogers blocked us for some reason. Stupid, because it would be nice for that backup service.

Feedback Score
    GSM uses SIM cards ..... CDMA does not.

I do believe you're correct though, HSPA/HSPA+ (3G / 3.5G) are typically GSM.
    Last edited by heliguy; 09-06-2012 at 11:47 PM.

Feedback Score
    Just setup a Rogers-unlocked Lumia 920 on the MTS network.

Got the internet working with no issues. Took a bit of time, but I got the MMS stuff working as well. Picture messages for all!

This little tool called Access Point helped me get the MMS working though. without it, I had no luck what so ever. Id post a link, but the forums dont like me yet.

Carrier(s)
    MTS
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Zekk View Post
    Just setup a Rogers-unlocked Lumia 920 on the MTS network.

Got the internet working with no issues. Took a bit of time, but I got the MMS stuff working as well. Picture messages for all!

This little tool called Access Point helped me get the MMS working though. without it, I had no luck what so ever. Id post a link, but the forums dont like me yet.

Are you getting LTE? I get 3G but can't seem to get LTE to come up. If so, what are your apn settings?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by packers17-0 View Post
    Are you getting LTE? I get 3G but can't seem to get LTE to come up. If so, what are your apn settings?
    no LTE yet, even though I got an LTE sim card from MTS.

I did , however, see the phone pop up 4G for about 5 minutes, before reverting back to 3G.
    This happened once in the week since i got the LTE sim card

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4