Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Thread: Nokia Astound thread

Device(s)
    Nokia Nuron
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile US,
    Feedback Score
    Have a Nuron on the $5 web2go data plan. Called CS about an early upgrade (11 months) to the Astound. They quoted me $220.00 for the phone after a $50 rebate. Then informed me that I would have to switch to the more expensive $30 unlimited data plan since the Astound is a phone requiring data. Didn’t even offer the lower $10 200mb plan. The $220 upgrade price was a turn off so I didn’t get pushy about wanting to keep my Web2Go plan. Will keep thing as they are till someone figures out a loophole.

Device(s)
    Moto X
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Nokia brock,
    You might be able upgrade online and keep web2go. I don't know of they will automatically upgrade your data plan though. they might have started cracking down according to the tzones thread.

Sent via the HowardForums Android app

Device(s)
    LG V20 and LG G Pad X 8.0
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile One Plan 6+1 lines
    Feedback Score
    Frankly, I'd get original C7 instead of this because it has both T-Mobile and ATT 2G/3G bands. In addition, you can even flash it with your favorite ROM as long as RM number is match.

Optimum/Cablevision

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Scottish Skyedance View Post
    Frankly, I'd get original C7 instead of this because it has both T-Mobile and ATT 2G/3G bands. In addition, you can even flash it with your favorite ROM as long as RM number is match.
    I heard that since Nokia C7 isn't being sold as an American version, (aside from the Astound) if you buy a European C7, it doesn't have any warranty coverage for American users. Is there anyway around that?

Device(s)
    HP Pre 3, Blackberry Q5
    Carrier(s)
    ATT Wireless
    Feedback Score
    I have heard that Joikuspot doesn't work with the T-Mobile version. I wonder if it is something that can be circumvented.

Device(s)
    Current: Nexus 5 on the way!
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jet1000 View Post
    I heard that since Nokia C7 isn't being sold as an American version, (aside from the Astound) if you buy a European C7, it doesn't have any warranty coverage for American users. Is there anyway around that?
    I did see some site selling it pretty cheap with a $30 warranty add-on. I don't know who the warranty was through but I'm sure you could google it and find it. The phone was selling for something like $330 + the warranty.
    TC.

Device(s)
    Moto X
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Scottish Skyedance View Post
    where would you recommend buying the C7 in the US?
    I guess the cheapest I saw was $359.99 at buy.com

Thanks.

Device(s)
    Moto X
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    nokiabrock, does your web2go still work with your astound?

thanks

Device(s)
    Nokia Nuron
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile US,
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by cheaplikeafox View Post
    nokiabrock, does your web2go still work with your astound?

thanks
    Haven’t made the switch, but I have played with one dropping my sim in and it worked with out changing the apn. It was only a 20min test. So it’s possible their system didn’t catch it, or didn’t care. I am more concerned that T-Mobile is starting to block some streaming audio sites to some of us on the $5.00 web2go unlimited and $5.99 Tzones. I am actually starting to get pop-ups stating that “T-Mobile has blocked this app from accessing the network” and when I call CS about it, they deny it. This phone is not worth the $30.00 data plan. It’s a Nuron with a larger screen and a bit faster processor.

Device(s)
    BB 8220, Nokia Nuron
    Carrier(s)
    TMob
    Feedback Score

Astound Full Screen Keyboard

According to PhoneScoop..the Horizontal Keyboard (letters) fill the entire screen..not allowing for reading-what-you're-typing above.

Device(s)
    Nokia Lumia 925
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by nokiabrock View Post
    This phone is not worth the $30.00 data plan. It’s a Nuron with a larger screen and a bit faster processor.
    I agree that the phone is not worth the $30 data plan.....but lets be real...I would take the Astound any day over my Nuron....wait....I just sold my Nuron and accessories for $120 on Craigslist and plan to pick up the Astound new from a local dealer off contract for $260. No, its not a dual-core Android Gingerbread "SmartPhone" powerhouse but on my cheap web2go plan I will have a "Smart" frugal phone solution. I don't think you are giving the hardware enought credit...this phone is lacking only a few things from the N8, but the Astound has the partial update already.

ASTOUND vs. NURON

680 MHz ARM 11 CPU + Broadcom BCM2727 GPU vs. 434 MHz ARM 11 CPU
    Symbian^3.1 OS w/Partial Anna update vs. Symbian OS v9.4, Series 60 rel. 5
    3.5" AMOLED Gorilla glass Clear Black capacitive touchscreen vs. 3.2" TFT resistive touchscreen
    8 GB Storage, 256 MB RAM, 350 MB ROM vs. 70 MB storage, 128 MB RAM
    microSD slot, up to 32GB vs. microSD slot, up to 16GB
    HSDPA, 10.2 Mbps vs. HSDPA, 3.6 Mbps
    Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n vs. No Wi-Fi
    8 MP Dual LED flash + 0.3 MP front camera vs. 2 MP no flash camera
    [email protected] vs. [email protected]
    Sleek thin design w/ plastic & metal housing vs. Thick dated design w/ all plastic plastic
    USB On-the-go support vs. No USB On-the-Go
    FM transmitter vs. No transmitter

Plus the ASTOUND has:
    - NFC support
    - Web TV
    - TV-out
    - Digital compass
    - Active noise cancellation with dedicated mic
    - DivX/XviD/MP4/H.264/H.263/WMV player
    - Quickoffice document viewer (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, PDF)
    - Adobe Reader

I would say this is a much nicer improvement over the Nuron with a low upfront off contract hardware price and I get to keep my cheap $59.99 My Favs family plan and $10 web2go!

Still, T-Mobile should have offered it with the web2go package. The T-Mobile store in my area as of last week had yet to sell one! I find that hard to believe but....it might be true as T-Mob are getting more and more Android phones in their lineup and ....interms of cost....I can see someone going for the Moto Defy over this as a new or upgrade customer.

Maybe when I am able to upgrade I will go all out dual-core Android? Until then....I will take the cheap "Smartphone" option.
    Last edited by wldock; 04-27-2011 at 07:00 PM.

Device(s)
    Galaxy Note II
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    I love Nokia's phones & T-Mobile's prices. The comparison made by wldock looks pretty convincing.

I only stick with Verizon for the coverage. Wishing Nokia would come out with a CDMA phone (even though I know it won't happen. $260 for the Astound seems like a great deal, especially when the N8 is pushing $400.

Device(s)
    Nokia 3390: SE T68: SE P900: SE T610: Orange E200
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Or you can get the C6-01 for $169 http://slickdeals.net/forums/showthread.php?t=2845491

Feedback Score
    I picked up a used Astound and web2go does not work. Retentions previously told me it would work if I bought the phone off contract now they are saying something different.

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast