Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Thread: Nokia Astound thread

Feedback Score
    Yeah, but guys are loading Android 2.3 ROMs on the HD2 and still using web2go. Also, the Google Nexus One, HTC Incredible S, Sony Ericsson X10i and some other Android phones that are supposed to work as well.

Myself, all I did was buy a used phone and changed the APN and it has worked thus far. Now that I am able to upgrade, that HTC Sensation 4G sure is looking nice. My Astound seems to have more frequent reboot issues still. I guess I will send it back again and demand that they replace it. Not sure what I am going to do.

Device(s)
    ZTE Axon 7 Mini
    Carrier(s)
    Straight Talk
    Feedback Score
    Hello, I recently acquired a Nokia Astound and ended up going thru Nokia to get it unlocked since it wigged out after plugging in my AT&T SIM card.

Anyways I'm using AT&T and have all the APN settings correct, I was wondering if anyone on TMobile is able to use Google Maps? Mine seems to try to connect, then I get a "connection failed" box at the top left that blinks 3 times then goes back to the home screen.

Feedback Score
    Couple of issues:
    1. Anybody else getting constant "Memory Full" message on Astound?
    2. The screen sometimes freezes for several seconds (the touch has no effect) - I missed some calls that way. How common is this?

By the way, I have been using it for a month on web2go data plan with no problem so far.

Thanks

Device(s)
    ZTE Axon 7 Mini
    Carrier(s)
    Straight Talk
    Feedback Score
    I don't get any memory error messages, at least not yet. I get the freeze effect ALL the time on mine, so far I've just tolerated it. I suppose a fix might be to turn off special effects or perhaps install a taskmanager to delete all the useless apps that run in the background. I recommend Jbak Taskman because it's Free, but you have to sign the sis file yourself.

ALSO: I ended up figuring out my dilemma above. I had to connect to google maps via wifi but had to set up wifi to connect first before my data packet access point. After that, I chose to automatically connect via AT&T Internet and it works fine! Weird, Eh?

Device(s)
    Moto X
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by wldock View Post
    Yeah, but guys are loading Android 2.3 ROMs on the HD2 and still using web2go. Also, the Google Nexus One, HTC Incredible S, Sony Ericsson X10i and some other Android phones that are supposed to work as well.
    Yeah lots of people use android on the hd2 but it's not flagged by tmobile since it is a windows mobile phone in their database.

I wonder if I have the web2go plan and I upgrade online if it will make me upgrade to the 30 plan later?

I'm thinking it won't because it's not an android right?

Sorry to hear about the rebooting and freezing issues....would you still recommend this phone though?

Sent from my MB525 using HowardForums

Device(s)
    Bold 9700
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    I have been using this phone for about six days without any problems. It is a little clunky compared to android or iphone because of the software, but otherwise works great. Twitter, FB, hotmail, gmail and yahoo work great and are pushed to the phone. Gmail has some duplicating emails. I have a second one still in the box, if that one has hardware problems I will make an update.

I may invest in some 32gb cards for these phones if the phone keeps working wel enough to stop carrying an ipod.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by cheaplikeafox View Post
    Yeah lots of people use android on the hd2 but it's not flagged by tmobile since it is a windows mobile phone in their database.
    I wonder if I have the web2go plan and I upgrade online if it will make me upgrade to the 30 plan later?
    Sorry to hear about the rebooting and freezing issues....would you still recommend this phone though?
    To be honest....T-Mobile has a few phones I could see myself using given the fact that I am able to upgrade...The Defy, The Gx2, The Sensation.....all would be cool but.....I can get most of what I need to done on the Astound. Also, I'm at work right now and I have the Astound tethered to my laptop checking personal emails and such. 10 bucks a month...I love this!!!

If I go Android it's going to cost $10 bucks more and I won't be able to tether unless I pay an addtional $15!

If I can get a phone without issues I might stay wth Nokia....if not, I might upgrade to an Android phone

Device(s)
    Moto X
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    To be honest....T-Mobile has a few phones I could see myself using given the fact that I am able to upgrade...The Defy, The Gx2, The Sensation.....all would be cool but.....I can get most of what I need to done on the Astound. Also, I'm at work right now and I have the Astound tethered to my laptop checking personal emails and such. 10 bucks a month...I love this!!!

If I go Android it's going to cost $10 bucks more and I won't be able to tether unless I pay an addtional $15!

If I can get a phone without issues I might stay wth Nokia....if not, I might upgrade to an Android phone
    theres no additional charge for tethering though...but yeah I went from the 5 web2go to a defy and it cost me 15 more per month. I think it was worth it though. the defy with android is way better than the nokia nuron I had. I'm just thinking about keeping the web2go and getting an astound for the parents.

Device(s)
    Bold 9700
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    I have my second astound working on web2go. My main issues with these phones are they have trouble remembering to access wifi. Some programs seem to forget to access the correct internet source, like fring, and need to be manually connected. Same with wifi calling, you are surfing internet, but wifi calling not working until you do it manually. Sometimes camera wont work without a reset. I am also getting memory warnings on both phones. I hope the ANNA updates fixes these issues.

Device(s)
    Bold 9700
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Warning. My second astound is nonfunctional and will not connect to cell network. 50 percent failure rate is unacceptable. Tmo wants me to send phone back under buyers remorse period. I think this may ruin my ability to upgrade online and keep $5 web2go. Nokia customer service referred me back to tmobile.

Device(s)
    Bold 9700
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    FYI... Tmo is requiring me to pay 8 month insurance to exchange phone. They won't send me a refurb because I am in return period, which costs 20 bucks. Fine print says straight returns are now charged 75 restocking fee. I think tmobile has lost it's mind. I recommend not upgrading to anything if you are on tmobile because of grandfathered rate plans and cheap data. Better not to extend contract so you can bail as tmobile gets worse.

Feedback Score
    Dugga Dog! what's up, bro.

your astound still working on t-z/tethering?
    you 'upgraded' your astound online, yeah?
    you're not seeing change in data plan online?

i am not sure now. i may tell my sis to return
    the astounds i got, and reset eligibility for when
    they go bogo, or another nokia win7 comes out.

i extended contract for free wifi call on all lines.
    as soon as i did that, i 'upgraded' phones online.
    now after extensive reads on astound reviews, it's
    not all that rosy (laggy, freeze, memory full), so....
    Last edited by MERLINER; 07-07-2011 at 08:53 PM. Reason: editorial

Device(s)
    Bold 9700
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    For me astound is great. But i need unlimited tethering in case i choose to cancel cable. For others, sensation available from retention for free with new voice plans. You can add 10 dollar 200 mb data and not over committ. You can probably call back for 20 preferred data. Ill go with astound and pay full price for handset later to keep hopefully uncapped data plan for another two years.

Device(s)
    Bold 9700
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Update... I looks like t-mobile is sending me my $50 rebate on the astound that I kept, the rebate shipped today, even though I have no service of $10 or more, per the rebate form. All of my add ons are 9.99 or less. That makes the phone $46 with tax and fees in California. I sent the second astound back. T-mobile got it on July 5th. I called today and upgrade is not reset yet. They said it should reset this week and I should be able to upgrade that line again online... we'll see. The $96 refund can take up to 30 days, according to t-mobile and hasn't be refunded yet.

Feedback Score
    wow, duggie! you're telling us you don't see an automatic
    change of your data plan to $10? you have t-zones, right?
    hummm, i might wait for another billing cycle to be sure
    then i may submit my rebate forms for $50/ea astound.
    hey, by any slim chance, did you save blank copy of that
    rebate form? thanks, bro.

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast