LG VX5400
    Incredible2
    LG VX5400
    Carriers
    Page Plus
    T-Mo prepaid
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by gatorback View Post
    My main phone is Page Plus, but I also have a Platinumtel phone that I use mainly for internet.

I recommend Platinumtel as long as you do not need coverage outside of native Sprint. You can check the map on their website to see if the coverage would meet your needs.

I am using the "PayGo" plan with Platinumtel. The prices are very reasonable. You can see their website for details.

I can't think of any complaints.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob859 View Post
    My main phone is Page Plus, but I also have a Platinumtel phone that I use mainly for internet.

I recommend Platinumtel as long as you do not need coverage outside of native Sprint. You can check the map on their website to see if the coverage would meet your needs.

I am using the "PayGo" plan with Platinumtel. The prices are very reasonable. You can see their website for details.

I can't think of any complaints.
    I would like to try Ptel also, but my main issue is BYOD. Their phone selection is very limited. Very few wifi enabled devices.

Carriers
    Talk For Good
    Truphone personal
    Feedback Score
    At $0.10 MB data and $0.02 TXT, PlatinumTel PayGo is pretty darn cheap. I had them for three months late last year on a Blackberry 8703e; great service, just got tired of the click wheel and cluttered home screen on the BB. If you want to try them cheap, one dealer now has basic phones from $15 with a good starter package.

Phones
    Lumia 900
    Galaxy Note II
    iPhone 5
    Carrier
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    I would suggest checking out this thread: http://www.howardforums.com/showthre...eral-Questions

It has a lot of good information that might help you learn more about the provider.

Feedback Score
    Ptel has limited byod but byod on a Sprint mvno is relative as there is NO carrier that has universal byod (allows any phone from any network). Mostly there are technical or policy limitations.

If you know how to play the system, you can get wiggle room even in anti byod carriers. Like Virgin Mobile or Net10.

Virgin Mobile for example allows only allows Beyond Talk phones to be used on their BT plans but not PayLo. (PayLo phones can be used on ANY plan).
    But if you use older phones with desirable characteristics, you can get around it. Like the 3G EVDO enabled VM Shuttle (usable on ALL plans) or the Kyocera Switchback/Wildcard/XTC full qwerty triplets (also usable on ALL plans).

On Net10, they used to only allow Net10 Unlimited phones on their Net10 Unlimited plans. Regular Net10 phones were ineligible. Now ALL Net10 phones (except a shortlist of 7 Nokias and Motorolas) are eligible.

Not byod in the strictest sense but an expansion of policy.

Ptel has the only byod policy of any kind of any Sprint mvno (Not counting Boost cdma, the Sprint prepaid division. Mvnos and prepaid divisions are similar but different).

Ptel allows any other Sprint mvno phone on their system if you have the msl/spc code .

It's a minor advantage but some other mvnos have cheap phones like Total Call that can be used. Mostly talk/text.

Not full Sprint postpaid, prepaid and mvno phone byod but something nevertheless.

If Att and Tmobile merge, Sprint should consider giving its mvnos byod so it has a competitive edge. Att's mvnos would murder Sprint mvnos on coverage, equal them on talk/text/mms and annhialate them on byod.

Sprint HAS to have an edge or it will get sunk.

One way to do that is byod.

Ptel has simply the best paygo minute/messaging /data flat rates per meg in the country.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by payroll View Post
    I would suggest checking out this thread: http://www.howardforums.com/showthre...eral-Questions

It has a lot of good information that might help you learn more about the provider.
    I was denied access to the page in the link. It said I was not authorized. Why did this happen?

Feedback Score
    ^^^Ditto!!

Phone
    LG VX5500 X2 (PPC) - LG800g (TF) - Nokia 6030 (T-Mo)
    Carriers
    Page Plus X2 (Verizon) - T-Mo2Go(GR) -
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by fonezfonz View Post
    Ptel has simply the best paygo minute/messaging /data flat rates per meg in the country.
    I am a sucker for cheap minutes. I will admit 5 CPM caught my attention. Further investigation shows Ptel as well a other Sprint mvnos coverage maps have more holes in them than a colander especially in my area. I'll file Ptel in my memory. If something changes my T-Mo status with the ATTTMo "merger" I may look at them again.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by fonezfonz View Post
    Ptel has the only byod policy of any kind of any Sprint mvno (Not counting Boost cdma, the Sprint prepaid division. Mvnos and prepaid divisions are similar but different).

Ptel allows any other Sprint mvno phone on their system if you have the msl/spc code .
    That's interesting. I thought there were a few other caveats. Does that mean if I can find a Sprint Mogul or Boost Blackberry Curve 8530 with the MSL code, I can activate it on Ptel? Would I activate through the Ptel or a dealer?

Feedback Score
    Sprint, Boost cdma and Virgin Mobile phones cannot be activated on Ptel. Only other Sprint mvnos like Total Call, Kajeet, etc. Boost and Virgin are prepaid divisions of Sprint, not resellers so they have a different status. They are not considered mvnos.

Phone
    Droid Incredible 2, LG 8370, LG 225
    Carrier
    PagePlus, STi Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Anyone know good places to buy refills for PlatinumTel, where I can pay with PayPal? I looked at CallingMart, but their pricing info for PlatinumTel is wrong. Other options to buy refills with PayPal?
    ~Au Contrarienne~

Carriers
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    Contrarienne: I sent you a private message of an online dealer that do sell refills for PlatinumTel (w/ correct value), but I don't think I am allow to name this dealer here.

Phone
    Droid Incredible 2, LG 8370, LG 225
    Carrier
    PagePlus, STi Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Thanks LuuDucPhu, I'll check that out.

Phone
    Motorola 376
    Carriers
    Platinumtel
    Kajeet
    Feedback Score
    according to their Facebook page you can now use Moneygram as well... www.moneygram.com/PlatinumTel

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast