Thread: LG 900g turns off by itself

Feedback Score

LG 900g turns off by itself

Have the LG 900g on Net10 for a week, until now the only problems were installing signed apps and getting Snaptu sofkeys to work. The signed apps are now installing but the Snaptu softkeys doesn't work but I can live with this. The problem now is that the phone is ramdonly turning off by itself with the battery full when you make or recieve a call hitting the Send key.

Feedback Score
    The parent model was known to shut down for no reason. It was one of my concerns with Net10s LG 900g. But your issues may be just an app related. Is it possible for you to remove the apps and see if the phone functions well without them?

Quote Originally Posted by eddiesan View Post
    Have the LG 900g on Net10 for a week, until now the only problems were installing signed apps and getting Snaptu sofkeys to work. The signed apps are now installing but the Snaptu softkeys doesn't work but I can live with this. The problem now is that the phone is ramdonly turning off by itself with the battery full when you make or recieve a call hitting the Send key.
    Real Life Dictionary: Cell Phone. A fancy term for mobile answering machine.

Feedback Score
    Removed all apps, except the built in non-working Facebook app that can't be deleted, but stills the same, when receiving, making or during a call the phone sometimes turns off. Exchanged the phone for a new one, I'm going to use it without installing any app to test.

Phones
    LG 900G
    Lg 600g (retired)
    Lg VX8500 (retired)
    Carrier
    Net10
    Feedback Score
    yeah there are some quirks with this one. Mine kept telling me battery was about to die after a couple charges. Removed battery to reset and said unplug, full.

Couple apps shut it down so deleted them. Hopefully it was just that other one that was defective for you.

Feedback Score
    The new phone has the same problem, it turns off unexpectedly with full charge, also this unit got dropped calls. The LG 900g has the specifications to be a super value for your money, but it falls short in performance.
    Ordered a Nokia E71 from Straight Talk at walmart.com, I tested the LG because the Nokia wasn't available.

Phone
    Moto W260G, LG420G, LG500G, LG600G, LG900G, Optimus V
    Carrier
    Tracfone Virgin
    Feedback Score
    Bummer on the 2nd 900G still turning off unexpectedly. Did it do this before you installed any applications? Just curious.

It may help other in the future if you could list what apps you had in your phone that kept switching itself off. Maybe it's an app and may it is the phone. We can figure it out!

I'm sure you will love the E71. Who doesn't! Of course one has to pay more in service, but...you'll be happy to where you wonder why you had ever filled with the other Net10 products (trying to get apps to work and not complain, etc.)

I still have a TF for voice only. Other than that I myself have 'moved on' (Away from America Movil) to do all the really great smart phone stuff, and enjoying it.

Feedback Score
    Hi, I sort of have the same problem, and the phone is not even a week old yet, well with me anyways, we bought it at best buy last saturday.I have not installed anything on the phone, and it randomly turns off when I am talking on a phone call. How can I fix that? do I have to change it?

Feedback Score
    I wonder if this is an LG problem with their phones? I have an Lg420 that does the same thing, shuts off randomly, needs to have battery removed and reinstalled before the phone will turn back on and it still shows the battery is charged. I returned my first phone and tried another one which has shut off by itself once since I got it. Bought a third LG420 (Walmart had them in a rack marked $9.88 so I bought it to get the extra charger, battery and car charger), charged the battery up and I'm checking everyday to see if it will shut off on it's own. So far it's gone eight days and the battery still says it's full. The third test phone has not been activated yet just charged and turned on. I'm wondering what effect activating it might have on the shut down problem if any. My old Moto 376 never had trouble like this.

Phone
    Moto W260G, LG420G, LG500G, LG600G, LG900G, Optimus V
    Carrier
    Tracfone Virgin
    Feedback Score
    ^^ (900 thread) My LG900G has never been activated, I let it run until it is exhausted, has to do a controlled shut down, and then recharge it. Battery icon behaves normally, and has never randomly powered off.

My 420 was activated for 5 months, now deactivated, still runs every day, no battery icon issues, no random power off.

But we know others are not so fortunate with either model. Could be LG problem, and why America Movil can pass them on so cheaply. No other wireless will have them