Thread: How to enable facetime to work on the iphone 4, using the straight talk service?

Feedback Score

How to enable facetime to work on the iphone 4, using the straight talk service?

I brought the nokia e71 phone from wall mart. Followed the steps to activate it on the iphone 4. Works perfect!! The only downfall is that facetime just cant be enabled.

Please spreed some knowledge, if you know how to correct my problem!!

Thanks in advance!!!

Feedback Score
    I've used facetime on my iPhone 4 with straight talk. No extra configuration was needed than what is specified in the iPhone thread. Did you make sure you were connected to wifi? Facetime will only work over wifi.

Feedback Score
    How is call quality using an iphone 4 with straight talk?

Phones
    iPhone 3GS
    Nokia N8
    BB 8750
    Carrier
    Tmobile
    Feedback Score
    first facetime officially only works with Wifi but you can jailbreak your iPhone and install 3G enabler app from cydia and you can use facetime over 3G but remember it will be take alot of data for video calls and you might be disconnected if the company finds out that you are using way too much of data
    MY HOFO FEEDBACK

all help given is free, and as is. I'd hate for someone to try and sue me for a mobile bill

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by juno2005 View Post
    How is call quality using an iphone 4 with straight talk?
    Its Great!!! Didn't get a drop call, or no service yet. Downside, FaceTime is unable to be enabled. Unless anybody knows something that i don't.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by iguru42 View Post
    I've used facetime on my iPhone 4 with straight talk. No extra configuration was needed than what is specified in the iPhone thread. Did you make sure you were connected to wifi? Facetime will only work over wifi.
    The only message i see is "waiting for activation..." Than it switches off. I'm using Straight Talk Service..

Phone
    Nexus Galaxy GSM
    Carrier
    ATT
    Feedback Score
    I've used facetime and it works fine. Like others have previous mentioned, I was only able to get it to work if both iphones were connected via wifi.

I also use Skype video calling as well and that seems simpler and easier to set up and use.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by dannyboy888 View Post
    I've used facetime and it works fine. Like others have previous mentioned, I was only able to get it to work if both iphones were connected via wifi.

I also use Skype video calling as well and that seems simpler and easier to set up and use.
    Is Skype video only iphone to iphone or can it be iphone to android, or iphone to anything else?

Phones
    Nokia N82
    ATT Tilt
    iPhone
    Carrier
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by annepani View Post
    Is Skype video only iphone to iphone or can it be iphone to android, or iphone to anything else?
    Video on skype can work with anything: Android, iPhone, computer...

Feedback Score
    Also make sure the FaceTime feature is turned "on". And as others have said, FaceTime works only through a WiFi connection. Others have made it work on 3G by JB their iPhone and downloading an app from that JB store :-)