Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ... LastLast

Thread: Unlocked phones on MTS HSPA+: Success, Failures and Q&A

Carrier(s)
    MTS
    Feedback Score
    There are 2 guides, one for the Telus DHD, and one for every other DHD. Just do a google search for "root Telus Desire HD", or "Root Desire HD" and you will find what you are looking for.

Carrier(s)
    MTS Mobility
    Feedback Score
    Oh you just rooted for the unlock eh? I won't be able to do that. Oh well. Have any of you used theunlock.ca for unlocking?

Carrier(s)
    MTS
    Feedback Score
    Use cellunlock.net , they got back to me on another phone in 5 minutes on a sunday. Use the code crackb50 to get 50% off.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Sighter View Post
    How did you guys unlock your Desire HD? I've found a few sites to do it, but I'm just curious what you used.

Today I ordered a Bell HTC Incredible S! Super excited!
    I bought my DHD already unlocked. So I did not have to root it, however there are some apps that I don't want so I might root it in a few weeks. If you do root it, let us know how smooth was it.
    Last edited by MrDamBeaver; 04-05-2011 at 06:20 PM.

Carrier(s)
    MTS
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by littlerichie29 View Post
    Use cellunlock.net , they got back to me on another phone in 5 minutes on a sunday. Use the code crackb50 to get 50% off.
    I've been looking for an unlocked phone on eBay for days, but if I buy a phone locked with a carrier (say, AT&T) and then have it shipped here, and then when I get it, unlock it through cellunlock.net, will that work? I'd really like to get an HSPA+ device for the new network but unlocked phones are big bucks on eBay.

Carrier(s)
    Fido
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jamesi View Post
    I've been looking for an unlocked phone on eBay for days, but if I buy a phone locked with a carrier (say, AT&T) and then have it shipped here, and then when I get it, unlock it through cellunlock.net, will that work? I'd really like to get an HSPA+ device for the new network but unlocked phones are big bucks on eBay.
    Look at puremobile.ca all phones are unlocked. You can also get a phone and use a unlocking service I have used horizonwirelessonline.com and all have been sim unlocks by the imei #. The company is out of Montreal and I have unlocked 6 with them all successful!!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by littlerichie29 View Post
    There are 2 guides, one for the Telus DHD, and one for every other DHD. Just do a google search for "root Telus Desire HD", or "Root Desire HD" and you will find what you are looking for.
    I found the root process...I think I will try to find someone else to do it for me, it seems too complicated

Device(s)
    HTC One (M8)
    Carrier(s)
    MTS
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Just rooted an Inspire 4G, took a little more time then the HTC Diamond did but drove down to an MTS store after, picked up a sim card, and it's working great!

Carrier(s)
    MTS
    Feedback Score
    Had a unlocked HTC surround 7 at launch which worked fine. Just returned from Winnipeg where I bought a Samsung Focus from Futureshop telling them I didn't want to activate it yet since I was still on a contract with MTS. (The phone is from Rogers). unlocked it through a seller on ebay and popped in my sim. It worked fine for voice, texting and data after entering the apn settings. Did find a issue with it having slow upload speeds but after some research online found out how to go in to the diagnosis menus to enable HSUPA by changing it from 3GPP revision 5 which it was set to (HSPDA only) to 3GPP revision 6 (HSDPA and HSUPA). Thought it might not work without MTS updating my account with the IMEI of the Focus but it is working fine.

Carrier(s)
    MTS Mobility
    Feedback Score
    What kind of speed tests you get on the Inspire 4G?? You are the first I've heard who has a 21mbps capable device

Carrier(s)
    MTS
    Feedback Score
    I bought myself a AT&T HTC Inspire off ebay. Took it down to the MTS store and got switched over, works fine except for AT&T has crippled the upload to 400 kbps, the download with full bars is 2.5 Mbps - 3Mbps. Thats out on the highway 5 miles from the tower and in Brandon.
    Really considering rooting it and putting a new android 2.3 Rom on for the upload changes and some of the battery saving features. I do really like the HTC Sense however. Even at those speeds, it's miles ahead of the 1x service on my Blackberry Tour I've been using.

Also, I bought a iPhone 4 off the Apple Canada store for my boss, took it down to the MTS store and got it activated and it works fine.

So far I'm having good luck with unlocked phones.
    Last edited by Faustius; 04-07-2011 at 04:59 PM. Reason: spelling, additional info

Carrier(s)
    MTS
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Faustius View Post
    I bought myself a AT&T HTC Inspire off ebay. Took it down to the MTS store and got switched over, works fine except for AT&T has crippled the upload to 400 kbps, the download with full bars is 2.5 Mbps - 3Mbps. Thats out on the highway 5 miles from the tower and in Brandon.
    Really considering rooting it and putting a new android 2.3 Rom on for the upload changes and some of the battery saving features. I do really like the HTC Sense however. Even at those speeds, it's miles ahead of the 1x service on my Blackberry Tour I've been using.

Also, I bought a iPhone 4 off the Apple Canada store for my boss, took it down to the MTS store and got it activated and it works fine.

So far I'm having good luck with unlocked phones.
    Has your boss tried getting FaceTime working? Not working on my wife's iPhone 4. She is Vancouver right now and voice, texting and data are all working.

Sent from my iPod touch 4 using HowardForums app

Device(s)
    iphone 3g
    Carrier(s)
    MTS
    Feedback Score
    Facetime won't work over 3g/4g connections. You need as apple says "a network connection" to place a call.

Carrier(s)
    MTS
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by prairielad View Post
    Facetime won't work over 3g/4g connections. You need as apple says "a network connection" to place a call.
    It just sits at activating when trying to setup, not even getting to point where you can place a video call.

Sent from my iPod touch 4 using HowardForums app

Device(s)
    iphone 3g
    Carrier(s)
    MTS
    Feedback Score
    You'll need a wifi connection to get it to setup, it logs in with your apple Id. and since facetime doesn't/wont use a cellular connection it won't ever connect.

Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ... LastLast