Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 ... LastLast

Thread: Unlocked phones on MTS HSPA+: Success, Failures and Q&A

Carrier(s)
    MTS
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by prairielad View Post
    You'll need a wifi connection to get it to setup, it logs in with your apple Id. and since facetime doesn't/wont use a cellular connection it won't ever connect.
    Thanks. Will check if she tried it on wifi. I read somewhere Apple uses a mms message to activate FaceTime so I thought it might be because she is on Mts and apple might not have them setup up as a carrier so all the settings were not in the phone. ie. the mms settings.

Sent from my iPod touch 4 using HowardForums app

Feedback Score
    Nexus S can now be confirmed working. I had to get mts to activate my sim card and then punch in the apn settings. I can only get the first profile to work the second one does not save. I guess the "720" causes issues? Anyone know why?

Call quality is sublime, its so much better than evdo I cant even compare. Reception is ok, 2/4 bars most everywhere never seen it dip below that. Network speeds are around 2.5-3.5mb/s down and i've only managed .384mb up, in the polopark area. Whatever this phone is miles better than any of the bolds i've got infront of me now. Anyone want to buy a bold or two?

Device(s)
    Nexus S
    Carrier(s)
    MTS
    Feedback Score
    Are the Bolds GSM? I have a friend who might be interested.

Edit: maybe we shouldn't have this convo here...

Carrier(s)
    MTS Mobility
    Feedback Score
    Aight here's an unlocking "failure" of sorts.

Got my Incredible S mailed to me from the thesource.ca. I used cellunlock.net and they got back to me saying:

The code for your imei is not in the HTC database, possibly because it hasn’t been updated yet. We can get the code from HTC 100% but that requires 1-3 business days. Please advise if you would like us to proceed or cancel the order and refund you. Also please note that the result will be the same anywhere you order.
    So I told them to get the code, since apparently NONE of the unlocking sites can unlock it yet, even though they advertise they can...

If they send it to me within a few days then fine. I get to play with it until then! It is flawless on wifi. My god it is a beautiful device!

Carrier(s)
    MTS
    Feedback Score
    Here's an interesting one...

Unlocked iPhone 4 (purchased from apple.ca) and MTS says that it doesn't support tethering. Might have to call back in and see if I can get someone else to looking but if thats the case then I'm not sure what we are going to do. That was the reason I bought it was so I could stream the iPad off it. I know the phone can do tethering because Rogers customers can do it.

Anyone know of anything different?

Device(s)
    iPhone 6
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Re: Tethering. I dont think MTS is the one supporting tethering on iPhone yet. When they do, they will probably charge a per-MB rate if you have the regular unlimited data plan, which is what SaskTel is doing. I believe they're charging $10/mb. Yikes
    Man gets hit by Brick Phone! Ouch!

Device(s)
    OnePlus One
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers
    Feedback Score
    Jailbreak time!

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S II I9100 (UK)
    Carrier(s)
    MTS 4G
    Feedback Score
    is tethering and "mobile hotspot" the same thing on the iphone? from my understanding, u can use a mobile hotspot on mts but not tether. is this correct?

Carrier(s)
    MTS Mobility
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by neonneophyte View Post
    is tethering and "mobile hotspot" the same thing on the iphone? from my understanding, u can use a mobile hotspot on mts but not tether. is this correct?
    It will work.

Finally got my Incredible S unlocked and threw in an MTS SIM. Mobile hotspot on android works perfectly
    The HSPA is so fast I wouldnt tell the difference between it and a landline

With great power comes great responsibility. Take care NOT to abuse this, even if you have unlimited data. Only tether when needed, and don't be torrenting or streaming HD constantly (although it is possible and is fast enough for it!)
    DO NOT ABUSE THIS.

Carrier(s)
    MTS
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Hans_Moleman View Post
    Re: Tethering. I dont think MTS is the one supporting tethering on iPhone yet. When they do, they will probably charge a per-MB rate if you have the regular unlimited data plan, which is what SaskTel is doing. I believe they're charging $10/mb. Yikes
    Well thats just strange, no tethering on the iPhone but it works just fine on my Android.

Device(s)
    Blackberry Storm 9530
    Carrier(s)
    MTS
    Feedback Score
    From what I heard about the new BB Playbook, the wi-fi model (or is it the other model) goes off of a Blackberry's Bluetooth, if you do it that way, wouldnt that be the same as tethering off a BB for data access? same as this iPhone tether thing in a way....?

Carrier(s)
    MTS
    Feedback Score
    Successfully ported over an unlocked Samsung Galaxy S Captivate. Took a bit of time for the IDC employee to get it going but works wonderfully now!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by win7463 View Post
    Thanks. Will check if she tried it on wifi. I read somewhere Apple uses a mms message to activate FaceTime so I thought it might be because she is on Mts and apple might not have them setup up as a carrier so all the settings were not in the phone. ie. the mms settings.

Hi.Did you happen to get face time to work on MTS over wifi or is still spinning trying to connect?

Carrier(s)
    MTS
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by billyphone View Post
    Hi.Did you happen to get face time to work on MTS over wifi or is still spinning trying to connect?
    Got it working today once wifi was on.

Feedback Score
    thanks for letting me know facetime works now on MTS.

Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 ... LastLast