Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Nokia C5-04 Launch April 7

Feedback Score

Nokia C5-04 Launch April 7

As the title says the Nokia C5 is launching for $150 or $0 on the tab.

The Nokia 5230 is now discontinued or in this case I think Wind calls it end of life.

Nexus S and Playbook are up next with more aggressiveness to come (hopefully plans and better phones).

Carrier
    WIND Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Define "aggressiveness". Is that just your wish or do you know something that's coming in the next few months?

Feedback Score
    Unfortunately I don't know anything that will happen. Just my buddy was saying Wind isn't stepping down and is seriously going to hammer it out to gain close to 600,000 subs or more with more cities launching (which we all knew). As long as they keep up rapid improvement within the home zones that are active right now it will build consumer confidence in them to sign up. That's all I know atm.

Feedback Score
    Oh btw with them over 300,000 subs right now if 600,000 is or even 500,000 subs is what they want there going to have to keep competing on price.

Carriers
    Bell
    Wind
    Feedback Score
    How is the C5-04 different from the C5-03?

Carrier
    Wind Canada
    Feedback Score
    i guess c5-04 would be American or AWS version

Carriers
    Bell
    Wind
    Feedback Score
    ^That could be. According to gsmarena, C5-03 has the 900/1900/2100 HSDPA bands. I guess the C5-04 version has the 1700 band.

Phone
    iPhone 4S
    Carrier
    Telus
    Feedback Score
    Another Nokia all-touchscreen device?? Does WIND not learn from their mistakes?? I guess with Nokia selling itself out to Microsoft, they must be dumping products for very cheap. No more Nokia devices WIND, please.....
    Phone History

Phones
    Galaxy Note 2
    Galaxy Note 2
    Nexus One
    Carriers
    1-800-bloodbath-mobility
    T-Mobile USA
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Plazmic Flame View Post
    Another Nokia all-touchscreen device?? Does WIND not learn from their mistakes?? I guess with Nokia selling itself out to Microsoft, they must be dumping products for very cheap. No more Nokia devices WIND, please.....
    Nokia's radio is awesome. No other phones compare to that.

The UI sucks .... balls. The guy who A-OK'd the S60v5 should be fired. I am not so sure how WM will turn out to be for nokia. Nokia makes excellent phones - maybe WM will turn out to be great! Also Nokia modders like PNHT (nokia's cyanogenmod) will mod the hell out of WM and make it good

Only time will tell.

Phones
    Samsung Galaxy S III
    HTC Sensation 4G, BlackBerry Bold 9700, Apple iPhone 3G
    Ericsson T18z, Sony Ericsson Z200, Nokia 6010, Sony Ericsson Z520a, Nokia E61, Sony Ericsson K790a
    Carrier
    Koodo
    Feedback Score
    My brother and mom have the N5230. They have no big problems with it. I think it's a very decent phone.
    Formerly FidoFan

Feedback Score
    I hate the interface but the Nokia has the best reception that i have tested.

The issue is the screen is too small I think and it is hard at least for me to you.

If they screen was close to 4", I think many will not mind it and actually like it a lot.

Carrier
    Koodo Mobile
    Feedback Score
    i have the 5230, its been very good.. better then hauwei, thats for sure...

what wind needs is more ANDRIOD devices.. like the Spice! maybe Wind should try to buy TMobile phone stock..
    $49.50 Standard Plan
    Unlimited incoming and outgoing calls, Unlimited Canada-wide long distance
    Unlimited text, picture and video messages from Canada to Canadian, U.S. and international wireless numbers
    5 GB of Data, Call Display, Voicemail, Unlimited Circle Calling, Call Waiting, Conference Call

64GB Sandstone Black OnePlus One - Rooted - Paranoid Android

Phone
    iPhone 4S
    Carrier
    Telus
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by 2K2SilverCivicS View Post
    i have the 5230, its been very good.. better then hauwei, thats for sure...

what wind needs is more ANDRIOD devices.. like the Spice! maybe Wind should try to buy TMobile phone stock..
    I've used the Spice and it's not what it's cracked up to be, battery life is absolutely horrible. What I've found with Android is that it's not optimal for small devices and if you can't find a extended battery, you're screwed. I have a Spice if anyone wants it....

Feedback Score
    Wind has something very similar to the spice, the Alcatel Tribe with has a 2.2 ROM that you can load.
    I did not test this unit but from what it looks like, it is very similar to the spice.
    It is also a great price selling for $150
    Is 2.3 available on the Tribe yet? I would not be surprised.

Wind is getting Nexus S in a few weeks so they as well as all the providers are increasing their phone line up for Android.

If you are on a low budget, they ever have the Huawei U8100 Android for $120 which I think can also get Android 2.2, maybe even 2.3 (not sure)

So they are doing what they need in my view

Also will post later this week but there is a Alcatel give-a-way similar to what was done with Blackberry a few months ago at the Main and Danforth Wind location for anyone looking to win one of these phones.

What they need now is a mid Android phone for the $250-$300 price range so they will have low, mid and high end Android.
    They do have the Motorola XT720 which is $360 also good but I personally would spend the extra and get the Nexus S once I am in that price range.

Carrier
    Koodo Mobile
    Feedback Score
    I have a Spice if anyone wants it....
    where you located.. if your in vancouver area, i might be interested

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast