Thread: New refurb Rocket 2.0 Does Not Work

Feedback Score

New refurb Rocket 2.0 Does Not Work

Frustrated after talking to tech department for 2 hours and this device is still not able to connect. Bought it Monday as a refurb prepaid and after deleting software it loaded (per tech) and downloading different file and then nothing...just lots of error messages. Finally tech gave up and said to take it to a T-Mo store and they will fix..somehow, I get the feeling they are passing the buck. It was also supposed to come with a $30. card and that was not in the box.

Is anyone experiencing problems with this 2.0 Rocket device? Running Win 7, 64 bit. Need it to get online to demo software for potential customers...frustration T-Mo!

Feedback Score
    Update: sending this unit back as it loads program designed for post paid and not pre paid like what is states on website. The file that TMo tech had me load is giving me lots of error messages and now can't git ride of some pop ups. Thinking they will get every one of these returned as they will only work with post paid (at a higher cost). TMo has really dropped the ball on this device as I get routed to some offshore prepaid sales rep, then transferred to US based tech rep who does not know how to fix. Took device and laptop to TMo store (per techs suggestion) and they could not make it work. All told a experience in frustration and device going back. Picked up a Virgin Mobile device and it was up and running with good speed in 10 minutes. Hoping this is not Tmo's attitude in light of the proposed buyout by At&t.

Device(s)
    iPhone 6s+ 64GB
    Carrier(s)
    ·T···Mobile· USA
    Feedback Score
    Just download the software for the prepaid jet on the website, it will work just fine.

i've done it myself for two units
    Left: T-Mobile Unlimited LTE, Right: TWC/Spectrum "ultra" (I want Wide Open West back!)

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by brad15 View Post
    Just download the software for the prepaid jet on the website, it will work just fine.

i've done it myself for two units
    Been there, done that and still not working as it still overrides the prepaid software with the postpaid software as soon as the device is plugged in. How did you get yours to work..please explain process. Thanks a bunch.

Device(s)
    iPhone 6s+ 64GB
    Carrier(s)
    ·T···Mobile· USA
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jimxx200 View Post
    Been there, done that and still not working as it still overrides the prepaid software with the postpaid software as soon as the device is plugged in. How did you get yours to work..please explain process. Thanks a bunch.
    Just install the prepaid software and use it

the external disc drive will mount everytime you plug the device in but just do not install it, that's what i do. Plus the postpaid connection manager will work just fine with a prepaid stick, you just have to buy your passes through the web browser when you need them as once you connect it will just direct you to the t-mobile website where you can sign into mytmobile and buy the pass

Device(s)
    iPhone 6s+ 64GB
    Carrier(s)
    ·T···Mobile· USA
    Feedback Score
    for instance on my mac, i have a postpaid rocket i normally use, but i just plugged in my prepaid card with an expired pass, when i connected and tried to go to a website it had me go to my t-mobile and sign in, then i got a page like this:

Feedback Score
    Brad, thanks, but even after deleting the installed post paid software from my pc and downloading the pre paid software, there is no way to prevent the loading of post paid as it continues to override..it won't let me (or tech) past the screens to allow pre paid software to work. Appreciate your help.

Device(s)
    iPhone 6s+ 64GB
    Carrier(s)
    ·T···Mobile· USA
    Feedback Score
    well then just use the postpaid software, there is really no difference. the screenshot i posted was using a prepaid stick with postpaid software

i do it all the time, the only computer i have the prepaid SW on is the netbook since she uses it, but other than that i use the postpaid sw and just buy my passes through the browser.