Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: bad esn

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    2
    Feedback Score
    0

    bad esn

    so i bought a Samsung moment off of ebay. it said that it was still sprint, but it had a bad esn. so i bought it, and i take it up to the metro pcs store to get it flashed ,and the guy tell me that the MEID or whatever its called cant be used. i was confused, but then he directed me to this
    Name:  1302222516737.jpg
Views: 2571
Size:  23.8 KB

    and im like whoa, so my thing is what can i do about this to make it useable to metro pcs.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    295
    Carrier
    MetroPCS
    Feedback Score
    0
    It's not because it has a bad esn, it is because it is a moment. The houdini software that Metro uses to flash devices doesn't have the Moment listed as a supported device.

    Houdini list of devices for Samsung/Sprint

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    2
    Feedback Score
    0
    but the moment is down there all the way at the bottom right next to the Instinct HD and the Intercept

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Boondocks
    Posts
    4,514
    Carriers
    Tmobile
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by juicy.cook View Post
    It's not because it has a bad esn, it is because it is a moment. The houdini software that Metro uses to flash devices doesn't have the Moment listed as a supported device.

    Houdini list of devices for Samsung/Sprint
    Quote Originally Posted by pretty_wrckless View Post
    but the moment is down there all the way at the bottom right next to the Instinct HD and the Intercept
    Actually, this guy is right, the moment is on the list now
    HITMAN OF THE METRO MAFIA


  5. #5
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    295
    Carrier
    MetroPCS
    Feedback Score
    0
    I promise I went through the list like 5 times. -.- I am clearly blind. But anyways, the esn shouldn't have anything to do with whether or not they can flash it. I have had 3 phones flashed with a bad esn. Did you go to a corp. store? Try going to a non-corp. store as corp. doesn't seem to update their drivers and so they can't seem to ever flash any of the "newer" phones. Newer being phones from the HTC Touch Pro and forward.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Boondocks
    Posts
    4,514
    Carriers
    Tmobile
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by juicy.cook View Post
    I promise I went through the list like 5 times. -.- I am clearly blind. But anyways, the esn shouldn't have anything to do with whether or not they can flash it. I have had 3 phones flashed with a bad esn. Did you go to a corp. store? Try going to a non-corp. store as corp. doesn't seem to update their drivers and so they can't seem to ever flash any of the "newer" phones. Newer being phones from the HTC Touch Pro and forward.
    Lol, it's all good, I was about to say the same thing as you and be like " it isn't on the list, and on the bottom of the list, I saw the model number, I guess they added it.

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks