Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: Nokia E71 and Joiku

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    2
    Feedback Score
    0

    Nokia E71 and Joiku

    I am considering switching to the Nokia E71 on Straight Talk from the iPhone.

    Will using Joiku be considered a violation of the TOS on the Straight Talk network?

    Is there an application available for the E71 that will allow me to pick up streaming audio from any radio station that offers it?

    Since the E71 does not have a touch screen, how difficult is it to navigate a website with lots of links?

    I have read that all the E71 phones use the AT&T network, not T-Mobile; is that true and is the 3g speed comparable. T-Mobile isn't good in my area.

    Will the E71 work inside of houses and buildings? I used to have a T-Mobile Wing that I couln't use in my house or parts of Memphis.

    The E71 seems like a good deal and will save me about $40 a month; it will take me about 7 months of Straight Talk service to recover the initial cost of the phone and the first month of service, so I don't want to make a mistake.

    Thanks in advance for any guidance anyone can offer.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    430
    Phones
    Nokia N8
    Captivate
    Defy (MB525)
    Carrier
    Straight Talk
    Feedback Score
    0
    Using Joiku will be a violation of the TOS, because they don't allow a phone to be used as a modem.

    Streaming Audio or Video violates the TOS, but their facebook page support tells their customers that they can stream youtube!?

    With Opera web browser.. It is actually really easy to navigate on the web.

    I get to use AT&T, T-Mobile, and Einstein towers. The reason I know what tower I am using is from an app on the Android market.

    I have really good reception in every building that I have gone into. AT&T doesn't have coverage at my house, but T-Mobile does. I have been able to get 5 bars of service inside my house (E71).

    ST is a very good deal for $45 a month since you are able to use any device that you want with the Unlocked SIM cards from the Nokia E71 and Nokia 6790
    You can either eat the two peanuts I gave to you, or crush them..

    - I'm bout to show a city slicker how to kick it in the sticks -

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    165
    Carrier
    Droid 2 on Page Plus Cellular ( RIP on 4/15) E71 ( soon to be Samsung Captivate) on Straight Talk
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by BassAddict View Post

    I get to use AT&T, T-Mobile, and Einstein towers. The reason I know what tower I am using is from an app on the Android market.

    What app is that?
    It's not personal, it's just business.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    2
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by BassAddict View Post
    Using Joiku will be a violation of the TOS, because they don't allow a phone to be used as a modem.

    Streaming Audio or Video violates the TOS, but their facebook page support tells their customers that they can stream youtube!?

    With Opera web browser.. It is actually really easy to navigate on the web.

    I get to use AT&T, T-Mobile, and Einstein towers. The reason I know what tower I am using is from an app on the Android market.

    I have really good reception in every building that I have gone into. AT&T doesn't have coverage at my house, but T-Mobile does. I have been able to get 5 bars of service inside my house (E71).

    ST is a very good deal for $45 a month since you are able to use any device that you want with the Unlocked SIM cards from the Nokia E71 and Nokia 6790
    Thank you for answering my questions so thoroughly.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    430
    Phones
    Nokia N8
    Captivate
    Defy (MB525)
    Carrier
    Straight Talk
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by ontheway View Post
    What app is that?
    Cell towers locator and OpenSignalsBeta

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    95
    Feedback Score
    0
    Joiku doesn't work for me, it just keep saying aquiring IP adress (at home). When I turn Joiku on, and try to use it for my Nook Color-Joiku isn't even listed in my connections.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    204
    Carriers
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by kim1982 View Post
    Joiku doesn't work for me, it just keep saying aquiring IP adress (at home). When I turn Joiku on, and try to use it for my Nook Color-Joiku isn't even listed in my connections.
    Probably because the Nook doesn't support ad- hoc WiFi connection. Joiku is a ad- hoc WiFi connection (computer to computer). Not your typical wifi.
    PLEASE, don't PM me with questions that could and should be answered in the open forum. Then everyone can benefit from the answer, and you will get more than "one" opinion... Thanks.

Similar Threads

  1. wind + n900 + joiku = f*$&
    By onemorecanuck in forum WIND Mobile
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 04-13-2011, 04:29 PM
  2. Replies: 5
    Last Post: 02-23-2011, 12:00 AM
  3. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-15-2009, 07:58 PM
  4. E71-2 + Joiku Premium on N95-4 = Problem!
    By M5Rahul in forum Symbian/S60
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-25-2009, 05:25 PM
  5. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-19-2009, 01:51 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks