Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread: 6GB Data Available

Carrier
    Bell HSPA/CDMA
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Toronto 6GB Data Available

Hi Guys,

A few weeks ago I sold my iPhone 4 and had to go to a backup phone which was a BB8530. I had the 6GB plan but I had to give it up in exchange for a BB plan compatible with my 8530. Needless to say I did it reluctantly.

Fast forward a couple weeks and I finally had an upgrade on my account so i picked up a Motorola Atrix. I kept the BB plan on my account as it worked with the Atrix and I felt it would be best if I wanted to switch between a BB and a regular smartphone.

Yesterday just for fun I tried putting my old Palm Pre on my account. I found out it wouldn't activate and I suspect that it was because of the BB data and I promptly put my Atrix back on my account. The odd thing is it deleted my 1GB BB data plan off my account and I was without data for the whole night because customer service was closed.

This morning I called in to add the 1GB Smartphone data since I figured I'd use my Pre as my backup phone going forward. Still regretting that I got rid of the 6GB plan I figured I'd take a shot and ask if I could have it added to my account. To my surprise the agent said yes. I quickly asked what was the SOC and she said it was RPPA30. As soon as she added it my Atrix began to receive data. I've attached an image to show it was added to my account.
    Name:  6GB.jpg
Views: 1331
Size:  20.5 KB
    FEEDBACK

My Bell Plan

250 Minutes Per Second Billing
    Unlimited Incoming
    Unlimited Text
    CID & VM included
    Unlimited Eve. & Weekends (6PM-8AM)
    Free SAF & 911

$22 + $30 6GB data= $52+tx.

Carrier
    Fido
    Feedback Score
    Does anyone know if this can be done online/in store?

Carrier
    Bell HSPA/CDMA
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Can probably be done at a store. Just give the SOC code.

I just spoke to my cousin who just had it added to their account as well. Apparently this is for small business only. They weren't gonna add it to her corporate account but she was persistent and the rep added it for her. Sooooooo YMMV.

Carriers
    Bell
    Feedback Score
    21 (100%)
    RPPA30 is the retention version, no?

Carrier
    Fido
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by digitalallstar6 View Post
    Can probably be done at a store. Just give the SOC code.

I just spoke to my cousin who just had it added to their account as well. Apparently this is for small business only. They weren't gonna add it to her corporate account but she was persistent and the rep added it for her. Sooooooo YMMV.
    I thought the business one was BIS30. Actually looking at it BIS30 is probably a blackberry variant. Well I might as well try the one you used at the bell store today.

Quote Originally Posted by WorldIRC View Post
    RPPA30 is the retention version, no?
    You're the cellular whiz. I was hoping you would explain it all :P

Carriers
    Bell
    Feedback Score
    21 (100%)
    ^I am, but my knowledge is generally Rogers / Fido...and anything that starts with R for them is Retention.

Carrier
    Bell HSPA/CDMA
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Interesting....... I wasn't calling to cancel, just to see if I had a chance to add the 6GB back to my account.

Phones
    Samsung Galaxy S2 LTE
    Samsung Galaxy S2 LTE
    Carrier
    Rogers
    Feedback Score

Hug

Called retentions about getting my HUG earlier (it's in November) and apparently it's only a partial HUG even in november In november it's gonna be exactly 28 months from my initial contract period so I'm confused...

Anyways, while I was talking to retentions, I got them to confirm that the 6GB data plan IS in fact available to add.. I just couldn't add it because I'm on the $55 student plan with 1gb data.

So if you wanna get that, talk directly to retentions.

Feedback Score
    Just called and the guy upgraded me to 6gb from 1gb. I didn't have to go to retentions or anything because the representative said it was available and he gave it to me

Phone
    iPhone 5 64gb, HTC One X
    Carrier
    Koodo, Virgin Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by FlyingMontreal View Post
    Just called and the guy upgraded me to 6gb from 1gb. I didn't have to go to retentions or anything because the representative said it was available and he gave it to me
    I just called and they said it was for small business only

Phones
    Samsung Galaxy SIII blue
    Samsung Galaxy SIII Blue
    Carrier
    Bell
    Feedback Score
    I called and got it!!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Sharky2006 View Post
    I called and got it!!
    i called today and they said its only available for $30 if you renew for 3 more years

Phone
    iPhone 5 64gb, HTC One X
    Carrier
    Koodo, Virgin Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Im gona call again tomorrow and see if i can get it.. must depend on the rep you talk to

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk
    Sign up here for FREE 2GB Dropbox Cloud Storage and get an additional 500mb space!
    Sign up here for FREE 15GB Copy Cloud Storage and get at additional 5gb space!

Carrier
    Fido
    Feedback Score
    So if I dropped my student 55 for the voice 30 and 6GB plan would I get a fee for the data subsidy? Or would having the 6GB allow me to keep the data subsidy from my Galaxy S?

Carriers
    Bell
    Feedback Score
    student plan is really good with free cid/vm and UNINCOMINg free and extra 10% off. i called today and if i wanna change my plan and split to voice and data, the price will be 10 more and not get my 10. So i m getting the ref number and think about it.

Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast