Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: No porting OUT of T-mobile prepaid ???

Feedback Score

Exclamation No porting OUT of T-mobile prepaid ???

Hi there. I am planning on porting out my T-mobile prepaid number to Callcentric VOIP (Voice Over I.P)

Callcentric told me it is no problem they can do it.

T-mobile prepaid told me that I can not port out of T-mobile prepaid to Callcentric. She even told me I couldn't move my T-mobile PREPAID number to another T-mobile EM+ or T-mobile PostPaid account plan !! She said they could get me a Tmobile EM+ or postpaid account if I wanted but it would be a NEW NUMBER. I hung up and called another rep who happened to answer in another city and she said same thing....

Does anyone have any personal experience with this? Something doesn't sound right with this.

Carrier
    AT&T GoPhone
    Feedback Score
    100% BS
    Your cell phone number is 100% portable.
    See: http://www.fcc.gov/cgb/NumberPortability/
    Its possible though that your VOIP provider isn't able to because of a deficiency on their side.

I'm sure many others here will chime in that they've ported TO and FROM T-Mobile Prepaid.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by silentjudge View Post
    100% BS
    Your cell phone number is 100% portable.
    See: http://www.fcc.gov/cgb/NumberPortability/
    Its possible though that your VOIP provider isn't able to because of a deficiency on their side.

I'm sure many others here will chime in that they've ported TO and FROM T-Mobile Prepaid.
    I ported out of tmobile to H2o wireless and then back to tmobile and then heard about the merger--I plan to port out soon either to Net 10 or Verizon prepaid. They better do it.

Carriers
    Straight Talk
    Feedback Score
    I just ported out of t-mobile pre-paid to Google Voice a month ago without any issues.

The only hang-up that I had was what the account number was and once that was fixed it ported right over.

Carrier
    NET10/TracFone
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by irishmeghan View Post
    I just ported out of t-mobile pre-paid to Google Voice a month ago without any issues.

The only hang-up that I had was what the account number was and once that was fixed it ported right over.
    Do you remember what you used for account number and password/PIN?

Phone
    iPhone 4S
    Carrier
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    I ported out a T-Mobile prepaid number that I had created service for just 30 minutes prior. I needed a local phone number for my AT&T postpaid plan. But AT&T did not have local numbers. Simple, opened a T-Mobile prepaid plan, ported out and had working on AT&T within 45 minutes total.

Carriers
    Straight Talk
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by millept View Post
    Do you remember what you used for account number and password/PIN?
    I believe the account number is your 10 digit phone number and the password is your password for voicemail, not the last four digits of your phone number (where I screwed up).

Phones
    LG VX5400
    Incredible2
    LG VX5400
    Carriers
    Page Plus
    T-Mo prepaid
    Feedback Score
    I believe the account number is your 10 digit phone number and the password is your password for voicemail, not the last four digits of your phone number (where I screwed up).
    Your account pin is not the same as your voicemail password, unless you have set it that way. If you have forgotten your account pin, you can reset it by calling *8646 from your phone. A recorded message will ask if you want to refill your account. Say "no". It will eventually give you options. When it does, say "manage my account" and then you will be given the option of re-setting your account pin.

Feedback Score
    There is an account number--you just have to insist that there is one and that they give it to you. After I pressed for a supervisor telling them that I know there is an account number THEN they went to another screen in their computer and found it.

Phone
    OnePlus
    Carrier
    TMobile
    Feedback Score
    I tried to get my account number as I need to port out one of my Tmobile phones.
    I chatted with a friendly rep (like always) online .. and they told me prepaid doesn't have account numbers, just to use my phone number, and my PIN is the first four of my 'real' account PIN.

Anyone else ported out more recently out of TMobile Prepaid confirm that's accurate? I've now ported many times and its always a headache for some reason or the other.

PHONE 1: Sprint->PagePlus->Boost->H2O->TMobile
    PHONE 2: Sprint->PagePlus->Virgin->Tmobile->PagePlus (pending)

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by pitflyer View Post
    I tried to get my account number as I need to port out one of my Tmobile phones.
    I chatted with a friendly rep (like always) online .. and they told me prepaid doesn't have account numbers, just to use my phone number, and my PIN is the first four of my 'real' account PIN.

Anyone else ported out more recently out of TMobile Prepaid confirm that's accurate? I've now ported many times and its always a headache for some reason or the other.

PHONE 1: Sprint->PagePlus->Boost->H2O->TMobile
    PHONE 2: Sprint->PagePlus->Virgin->Tmobile->PagePlus (pending)
    I have done this many times--you have to PUSH. Tell them I KNOW there is an account number and ask for a supervisor if you need to. There is another screen that they have access to that has the actual account number. Also tmobile will tell you that you can't port prepaid numbers but you can--you have to call customer service to port one in I mean.

Phone
    OnePlus
    Carrier
    TMobile
    Feedback Score
    Thanks. I guess I'll have to push harder since that rep was quite insistent that there are no account numbers for prepaid.
    What about the PIN # for the port? She also told me that was the first four digits of my account PIN (which is six digits long). Is that accurate? Or should it be my entire PIN?

Feedback Score
    Here's a summary of FCC rules and how to file a complaint
    http://www.fcc.gov/guides/portabilit...vice-providers

Some more FCC info
    http://transition.fcc.gov/cgb/NumberPortability/

Threatening to file a complaint often causes carriers to be more reasonable, although only do this after you've pushed

Phones
    HTC First
    LG Lucid 2
    HTC Droid Incredible SLCD
    Carriers
    T-Mobile ToGo
    RingPlus Cellular
    Feedback Score
    My wife ported out of T-Mobile ToGo and into PagePlus with no problems. Took only a few minutes.
    Shawn

Feedback Score
    Not sure if things have changed since 2005, but the account number of a T-Mobile prepaid number was the sim card number.

Sent from my SGH-T849 using HowardForums

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast