Thread: Question about Simple Mobile SIM

Phone
    Samsung Fascinate JB 4.1.2
    Carrier
    Page Plus
    Feedback Score

Question about Simple Mobile SIM

Hello everyone, I just ordered a SIM card from Simple Mobile with the intention of using it with my BlackBerry Tour. The Tour is currently on my shelf and is no longer activated with Verizon. Also I currently have a Droid Pro activated on Page Plus Cellular.

I have no clue when it comes to using GSM SIM cards. When I get the SIM and activate it with the Tour will that assign a phone number to the phone? Is there any way to use the SIM in my Droid Pro at the same time that I am using it with Page Plus?? Would I be able to switch from CDMA to GSM at will on the Droid Pro? How about the phone number? Does that move with the SIM from phone to phone?? Sorry for all the noob questions. Thanks.

Phones
    Motorola i335
    IPhone 3G
    Sony Incognito
    Carriers
    Boost CDMA and IDen
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    You cannot use GSM SIM cards with Verizon or page plus phones. A quick look at simple mobile website would have told you what kind of phone would work.

Sent from my iPod touch 4 using HowardForums app

Phones
    N/A
    Pantech Jest
    Carriers
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    The reason why it won't work is that the GSM radio in Verizon "world" phones is locked and restricted so it can't be used on USA GSM frequencies. Only CDMA (Verizon) can be used while at home in the USA. It's not a fully-capable GSM phone.

Phones
    Droid 3, SE W518,
    Atrix HD, HTC 8925
    Carrier
    Net10, TMO, H2O, PagePlus
    Feedback Score
    I'm not sure why, maybe because it is older, but I had an HTC Ozone unlocked with a code from an eBay seller. When I put an AT&T SIM in it, it worked fine. It was amusing to see a phone with the Verizon logo have a screen display showing AT&T.

Phones
    Nokia 5310 w/Jabra BT250V handsfree, Nokia 6010, Nokia 6030
    Nokia 6310i, Nokia 8310 (Europe)
    Carrier
    T-Mobile US, Fido, T-Mobile NL, Orange IL
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by moto227 View Post
    Hello everyone, I just ordered a SIM card from Simple Mobile with the intention of using it with my BlackBerry Tour. The Tour is currently on my shelf and is no longer activated with Verizon. Also I currently have a Droid Pro activated on Page Plus Cellular.

I have no clue when it comes to using GSM SIM cards. When I get the SIM and activate it with the Tour will that assign a phone number to the phone? Is there any way to use the SIM in my Droid Pro at the same time that I am using it with Page Plus?? Would I be able to switch from CDMA to GSM at will on the Droid Pro? How about the phone number? Does that move with the SIM from phone to phone?? Sorry for all the noob questions. Thanks.
    The Droid is a CDMA phone. You cannot use a CDMA phone on a GSM network like AT&T or T-Mobile. Page Plus is an MVNO that uses the Verizon network. You'd have to use them separately. Droid does not do GSM. Simple Mobile is an MVNO that uses the T-Mobile network.
    Moderator yahoogroups forum T-Mobile-US http://groups.yahoo.com/group/T-Mobile-US

Phone
    htc touch pro 2
    Carrier
    sprint
    Feedback Score
    Everyone is incorrect the blackberry tour and the droid pro if unlocked can be used on simple mobile i have a tour on tmobile now so yes you can put your simple sim into whichever phone and it will work when unlocked. as far as you using the sim at the same time you cannot it will only use one or the other.

Phone
    Carrier
    Page Plus
    Feedback Score
    Ok, I received my SIM this afternoon from Simple Mobile. I activated the SIM and installed in the Tour. Went into Mobile Network Options and changed it from Global to GSM/UMTS and voila, Simple Mobile pops up as the Mobile Network. Cool.

Only problem I have right now is no Data. Any idea how I can get some basic service books on it so I can at least fire up the browser just enough to download Opera Mini. How can I load service books without a data connection to begin with?

Also, the Droid I mentioned is the Droid Pro, which does have GSM capability, though probably not in the states as stated earlier. Thanks. I will have to get the Pro unlocked first before I try to use the Simple Mobile SIM on it to see if it will work. Haha.

Phones
    White Galaxy S5, White iPhone 5
    LG G-Flex, Nexus 4, Nexus 5
    Carrier
    T-Mobile USA, AT&T
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Simple Mobile doesn't provide BIS yet so I don't think you will be able to get that going. You can change the APN to simple and that should give you non-BIS data

Speaks for itself, Sprint. Try more actions and not lip service.
    Google+

Phone
    Carrier
    Page Plus
    Feedback Score
    Ok, changed the APN to simple but still no data. Browser won't open. Says my device currently doesn't have any "Browser Configuration Service Book Entries." Damn.

Phones
    White Galaxy S5, White iPhone 5
    LG G-Flex, Nexus 4, Nexus 5
    Carrier
    T-Mobile USA, AT&T
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    You can't use the stock browser, you can use Opera Mini if you load it onto your phone.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by moto227 View Post
    Ok, changed the APN to simple but still no data. Browser won't open. Says my device currently doesn't have any "Browser Configuration Service Book Entries." Damn.
    you will need to delete all service books for data to work.

step by step proccess for BB Data Connectivity (without BIS services) MMS not supported
    make sure to use opera (i use opera mini pretty fast)

1. Setting the APN Select Options or Settings and then select Options.
    2. Select Advanced Options.
    3. Select TCP (Option will say TCP/IP on OS 4.6 and higher).
    4. If applicable, check mark the APN Settings Enabled box.
    5. Enter simple as the APN. Ensure no entries in the username or password fields.
    6. Click the back arrow and then select Save.

1. Delete any existing Carrier Service Books Select Options then select Advanced Options.
    2. Scroll down and select Service Books.
    3. Delete any listings for [browser configuration].
    4. Back out and save the changes.

Phone
    Carrier
    Page Plus
    Feedback Score
    Thanks ron6400, I have already went through that setup. Currently I don't have any service books listed on my Tour. I will load opera mini later today when I get home and try to get it going.

Feedback Score
    your stock browser so some reason will not work, opera will be your best bet. do check service book entries again after you install opera. Lets us know after.